Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    So i just got a new computer, and sometimes it will literally just completely shut all the way off and turn back on by itself.

My specs are:
    Geforce GTX 660
    Intel i7-4770k
    8 GB RAM
    500W Power supply
    ASROCK z87 extreme4 MOBO

It runs fine when i just play WoW maxed settings, but when i watch a stream or try to stream, it will fully shut down.

Any thoughts?

Oh, also. Sometimes when i shut down the computer, windows will shut down and all that all the way, but then the computer just keeps running..
    Your CPU is getting hot. Get a liquid cool CPU fan, under 75 bucks. That's the problem it's a thermal shut down. Check your CPU temp.. or time to replace that thermal grease on your CPU, it's not making good contact.

100% its your CPU getting hot.

Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    Your CPU is getting hot. Get a liquid cool CPU fan, under 75 bucks. That's the problem it's a thermal shut down. Check your CPU temp.. or time to replace that thermal grease on your CPU, it's not making good contact.

100% its your CPU getting hot.
    No it's not. The thermal shutdown you're talking about doesn't reboot the system instead it shuts it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    No it's not. The thermal shutdown you're talking about doesn't reboot the system instead it shuts it down.
    Again with the lack of common sense. I am speaking from EXPERIENCE. this same thing happened to me. If the system is set to reset upon a power outage then it will in FACT reboot in response to a power outage. The BIOS is set to turn on the computer. If it's off.. how is going to turn itself on, by magic?

It's a BIOS setting have you actually touched EVERY computer BIOS in the world? NO, apparently not.. and the OP original message said SHUT DOWN, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Again with the lack of common sense. I am speaking from EXPERIENCE. this same thing happened to me. If the system is set to reset upon a power outage then it will in FACT reboot in response to a power outage. The BIOS is set to turn on the computer. If it's off.. how is going to turn itself on, by magic?
    This doesnt make sense.

You said that this issue:

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    and sometimes it will literally just completely shut all the way off and turn back on by itself.
    is because the CPU runs hot; which is obviously wrong.

When the CPU reaches its TJmax the CPU will send a signal to the motherboard to shut down the PC complety and no reboot at all. To prove that you're wrong:

"In the event of a catastrophic cooling failure, the processor will automatically shut
    down when the silicon temperature reaches its operating limit. At this point the
    system bus signal THERMTRIP# becomes active and power must be removed from the
    processor."

Taken from an official intel spreadsheet at page 17: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www...rmal-guide.pdf

It's a BIOS setting have you actually touched EVERY computer BIOS in the world? NO, apparently not.. and the OP original message said SHUT DOWN, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?
    Googling isn't your best friend uh?

I had an old Tagan 580w psu on an i7 a while back, similar thing happened to me, while doing anything from watching a youtube vid to a stream to playing a game, it was just random shut down, instant, out of nowhere.

Quick investigation showed the psu as the culprit (I swapped over my folding rig's corsair hx1000W psu to double check, not a single hiccup).

If it's a cheapo unbranded/no name psu, I'd look there for answers. ASRock boards tend to be... feature heavy, and are comparatively power hungry compared to other similarly priced boards, the z87 e4 in particular (going by xbitlabs tests) show it to draw ~10% more than comparable asus/gigabyte boards while idle alone.

Check the max load current for your 12v rail(s), while a psu may claim 500w, you can often find that, particularly unbranded ones, cant handle more than 350-380w max load on their 12v rail(s). Should be written on the side of the psu. As an example, using my old Tagan psu, its rated @ 580w, but the 12v rails only produce 20A of current each, with a max combined (both being used simultaneously) of 35A.

V x A = Wattage, 12x 35 = 420W max on the 12v rail. And that's assuming you're getting your max potential V / A output. In the case of my Tagan psu, its 12v1 rail was giving me 11.4, and the 12v2 was giving 11.6, so I wasn't even getting that 420w, closer to 400 in fact.

So if the 500w psu can't handle the load on its 12v rail/s, your issue may lie there. Just something to keep in mind. Never cheap out on the psu, a pool quality one can lead to a multitude of issues down the road!
    Last edited by stuntz; 2013-12-24 at 05:31 PM.

To clarify some information

-CPU Temperatures show at a normal/low amount, which clearly means CPU isn't overheating.
    -The Computer will shut off completely, no slow shut down of windows, then a shut down. It will completely lose power, then immediately start up as if i pressed the power button.
    -NONE of my temperatures are overheated. I've ran 3 different temperature tests, felt the hardware myself even.
    -The Power Supply fan is blowing out cool air, so i assume it's not pushing out too much power.

I honestly just think it's just a shitty brand of PSU that needs to be replaced.

I had a similar build to you myself and had the exact same error before getting a bigger PSU, I'm no expert but that fixed my problem, it may do the same for yours.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

disable automatic restart on system failure see if you can actually see a blue screen.

right click my computer, left click properties, click advanced system settings, click settings under startup and recovery, uncheck automatically restart.

this way if your getting an actual blue screen you can see the error code and look that up.

I bought a 600w Power supply and the issue has been solved. Thanks for all input.