MMO Strategy Game that requires less time and focuses more on friendship and politics

Hey guys, I know this is a very difficult question but I was hoping you guys could help with finding the perfect game for myself. I really like online MMO games as I love meeting people online and forming tight bonds with them. I have played games such as Tribal Wars, Grepolis, Travian, Stronghold: Kingdoms (Stronghold is best of the bunch btw) and I absolutely loved every second of them due to all the politics involved (backstabbing, plotting, talking strategy, making friends, etc.).

Unfortunately, I can never end up doing so well in these MMO strategy games since they require SO MUCH of my time (success is directly proportional to amount of time spent on the game) and I really don't have too many hours of the day to spare. I'm sad to say I am never returning to those games again.

So I recently came across the board game (online) called Diplomacy and I absolutely loved it! It doesn't require me to sit in front of the computer all day long and it actually rewards skill, intelligence and social interaction instead of solely rewarding time spent on the game.

Unfortunately, the problem with Diplomacy is that the friendship that you form within the game and the politics that takes place is only temporary (on a per game basis) its difficult to form persistent friendships with people and also I really miss the fun factor of "plotting to take over the world someday even though it seems dauntingly impossible" with your friends (I know in Diplomacy you have to take over the world, but you spend more time playing the game rather than having a laugh with your friends and strategizing war tactics with them on a grand scale).

So basically I would love to play a game that is almost EXACTLY like Diplomacy, except its more in the format of Tribal Wars / Strongholds. I want to be able to play on a grander scheme of things, where I can form friendships with people inside and outside the game (due to the amount of teamwork required) and I want a game where the politics is much more crucial (like being backstabbed by an ally right before entering into the biggest war of our lives, etc.).

I know I must sound really creepy with my "friendship" thing but I'm really not a creepy guy a lot. I just have trouble making friends in real life but when I play online, me and my teammates have a similar goal that we all work towards and it helps me to make friends more easily this way. (but I DO have real life friends who are really close to me don't get me wrong!).

I know I'm asking for a lot here, but would any of you guys happen to know a MMO Strategy game:

1. Where the game mechanics work similar to Diplomacy (world domination).
    2. Less time consuming (similar to the turn based system found in Diplomacy rather than the "stay online 24/7 to win" system found in tribal wars).
    3. Focuses more on Strategy, Politics, Teamwork and Friendship rather than anything else.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this guys. I really appreciate any input you guys might have on this

You might check out utopia I made an account to recommend it also I am hoping some other people have a few other games I have tried yet