Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best scam e-mail I've ever received

I'm only sharing thing because it's so funny and I just had to share it with other D3 people. Also note that I haven't played D3 in MONTHS, if not, at least a year or so

Dear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment. legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client. Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on. We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks, cheats, bots, or exploits.Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.
    <LINK REMOVED>

* Account name
    * Account password
    * First and Surname
    * Secret Question and Answer

Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
    Account security is incredibly important to us, and we hope that it's important to you, too. If you have any additional security recommendations to add to this list, please feel free to share them in the comments!

Account Administration Team
    Diablo III World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2013

Okay, so let's tear this a new one, shall we? First off, I could have sworn that trading gold and equipment is perfectly legitimate, even after the Auction Houses go away in 2014. Second, how am I altering my game client by trading things? How is that not in the spirit of fair play? Also, why would a company "recommend" not using hacks, cheats, etc. and not just outright say "don't do it"? Not to mention, first they were talking about trading stuff being illegal and then suddenly talking about cheats and altering my client. Oh, now I need to confirm I'm the original owner? I thought this was about trading and cheating, so who cares if I'm the original owner or not? (I am anyways) Oh and that English. I could have sworn that Blizzard was an AMERICAN company, so how is their English this bad? Try again, scammers.

So yeah, just a hilariously bad attempt at phishing for my Battle.net account that I wanted to share with you all because this is by far the most laughable one I've received thus far and I wanted to give you all some early morning lulz. Enjoy

Edit: Picture below because it's just so funny. (Link is blocked with a censor bar)

Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-12-03 at 12:05 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Wow so bad, can't be true...

Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    If you want, I'll even upload the original email's picture as proof. (and just did )

I'm sitting here laughing my ass off and I haven't even put pants on yet! XD
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-12-03 at 12:05 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

English has just mercilessly been murdered.

lol I actually got that one too

Deleted
    Laugh all you want but from 1000 e-mails sent, if they get 1,2 accounts it's very good from their POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetx View Post
    English has just mercilessly been murdered.
    It was already by all the retarded kids/adults we have running around. At least in this case, (I think) they're foreign.

Quote Originally Posted by Exceeed View Post
    Laugh all you want but from 1000 e-mails sent, if they get 1,2 accounts it's very good from their POV.
    I wasn't laughing at them stealing accounts, I was laughing purely from how butchered the English is, in addition to the points I bolded/cut-them-a-new-one in.

Also, if anyone falls for this specific e-mail, I'd say they shouldn't be allowed to be on the Internet out of having a horribly low IQ.

I remember two, but don't have proof anymore.

The first was after my sub had lapsed for a month in 2006. I was sent an email saying my characters would be deleted if I didn't opt in to some sort of database saving program; of course the link wasn't Blizzard or Battlenet or anything.

The second was in game, sent from a guildy who happened to be a real life friend. It was a mail asking for gold for their epic mount... turns out the name they chose to try and imitate was actually a real life friend.. I called him and asked why he didn't ask me in person.

I just got that one as well. On a email i don't use even use for WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    Why not? Those e-mails always look something like that. Usually they even have the correct appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Why not? Those e-mails always look something like that. Usually they even have the correct appearance.
    I got that email aswell but I didn't read the whole thing, it was really funny when I read through it

Still doesnt beat the email i got about my Aion account. Ncsoft game.

Was a giant mail about all these things i had to do. Log onto my ncsoft account and all that

Mail ended with
    Regards,
    Customer Support
    Blizzard Entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Also, if anyone falls for this specific e-mail, I'd say they shouldn't be allowed to be on the Internet out of having a horribly low IQ.
    I think that people writing things like that should not be allowed to be on the Internet as well.

You don't seem to understand that for vast majority of the world english is not the native language. You don't seem to understand that spammers don't really care about people who can find mistakes in their messages, they know that out of millions users at least some will give them the data they ask. And it works extraordinary well. You don't seem to understand that there are no IQ requirements for internet and computer games.
    You just wasted an hour of your life laughing at spam message and creating useless thread. Instead of sending the message to trash within few seconds.
    I think that your IQ is not very high, probably significantly lower than the IQ of the spammer who sent you this message.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're using the same template for wow and D3. I'm still waiting for an email regarding StarCraft or Hearthstone . But its a very old template. At least 2-3 years or so. Still funny. But i changed my email for Blizzard , creating a complete new one only for battle.net
    Druid since Feb. 06

The English in that email is actually pretty good compared to some of the WoW related ones I've gotten.

guess what? ppl fall for these. ppl also fall for "selling RAF mounts" and "selling blizz store mount" offers from lvl 1s with randomized names. it's sad ;_:.

No way. I got the same one not 2 days ago!

I have no idea how many time Blizzard have said that they would NEVER ask for you're account password.
    It's even said in the login loading screen as a hint.

There are always people dumb enough...

With that said, no its not legal to trade gold, only on RMAH

Anywho, seems many off you need to get a new email for your battle.net login. Keep it more safe? I never log into mine, and only used it for battle.net. If you get spam e-mails on a secure e-mail adress something is wrong.

edit..amg 4k count o.o Just noticed it...How the hell...I post to much.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    You don't seem to understand that for vast majority of the world english is not the native language. You don't seem to understand that spammers don't really care about people who can find mistakes in their messages, they know that out of millions users at least some will give them the data they ask..
    Wow, thats actually a really good point, I didn't even think about it like that.