Thread: Leveling Pets

Leveling Pets

I am a bit of an achievement glutton as well as a massive collector. With that said I want to get into pet battles. Any tips or tricks on how I can level pets up as quickly or easily as possible?

Grab 2 Moths/Flyers, and go to the area around Grand Master Aki in the Vale. Fight the Aquatic pets there, they're almost always all 3 Aquatic so your pets will tear through them, profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriala View Post
    Grab 2 Moths/Flyers, and go to the area around Grand Master Aki in the Vale. Fight the Aquatic pets there, they're almost always all 3 Aquatic so your pets will tear through them, profit.
    around No-No is even better ,6-7 pets with fast respawn

I can take pets that high with lvl 1 pets? I am starting from scratch.

Yes, the striders have movesets that won't kill your lvl 1 pet unless you're really unlucky.

I call BS on that, I just took my level 10 team out there and got trashed.

What? You take a level 1, and two 25 Flying/Moths, start with the level 1 pet, let it stay for one turn then swap it out and mop up the pets with your flyers, and the lvl 1 gets all the xp. I've leveled at least 30 pets this way, from level 1... So I know it works. As long as the strider doesn't use Water Jet or the Poison Spit on the first turn, your lvl 1 pet will be perfectly fine.

You completely misunderstood the purpose of this post. OP is just now starting the battle pets achievement chain, and has level 1 teams. >.>

Getting your first and second level 25 pets are the hardest, after the first 2 (I strongly recommend Anubisath Idol and Warbot) you can carry a level 1 pet through every single trainer on pandaria, by doing all of them plus a few in cata or northrend you can get 2 more level 25s per day.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Ok I get the strategy now, but I have no level 25 pets. I am starting from scratch with ALL my pets.

If you're just starting out, just follow the quests and start capturing wild pets. You'll want a decent selection of different types, and you'll have to just fight wild pets for a while to get levels.

Once you've got some initial levels, the highest xp source is always pet tamer dailies. You get far more xp from them than you do from wild pet battles; of course, they can be harder to win (especially at max level), and can only be done once per day, so if you want to just grind you'll be doing wild pet battles either way :-P.

Stick to rare quality pets as much as possible; the stat difference is huge. Pets that have served me well include the Forest Moth (or any moth), the Anubisath Idol, the Clockwork Gnome, and the Desert Spider, though again having at least one good pet of each family is a good idea eventually.

*shrug* until you've got your first few high level pets, there aren't many good shortcuts, just get out there and start battling pets near your team's level (the world map indicates what pet levels you can find in each zone, if you're unsure.)

Getting the first pet to 25 is the hardest but from there it's a cake walk. You can literally level 2 pets from 1-25 in about 30 minutes if you play your cards right once you're have a few of the right pets at 25.

If you're starting with a new team of level 1s:
    Go through the pet tamers quest chain. Battle and trap pets a level or two above you out in the wild (preferably greens or blues). For any tamer you can beat yet, just grind out a level or two on the highest level pet your have. Once you beat that tamer, go to the next one, see if you can beat him, and repeat the process. Pay attention to the Strong vs. when fighting tamers as this will help you cheese the fights. By always trapping mobs higher level than the ones you currently own, you're always speeding up the process, although that requires you look for pets that your team is strong versus out in the wild. If you can find the, (using Warcraftpets.com filters helps a lot) then you can really cut down on the sheer amount of grinding that the whole process takes.

Once you have a pet at 25:
    Hopefully one of your first pets leveled was a flying pet (Gilnean Raven or Crow from Darkmoon Faire is absolutely pro here). Head to the riverbead surrounding Aki from the south to the northwest. You'll find about 13 different spawn points for Eternal Striders. These are great to farm with flying creatures because they have Water Jet, Cleansing Rain, and Pump. Only one of these does damage. So, usually, you can open with your level 1, let him do an ability, and then swap him out. With a pair of Crows, and the 10% bonus from the safari hat, you get something like 900 XP since the lvl 25s don't get any of the XP. It'll go from 1 to lvl 6 in the first battle.

Holler if you have any more questions, or if I didn't quite answer what you needed.