10+ Year Old Account

Question about SLI upgrade/wow performance.

This is my current spec:

i5 3570k @ 4.5
    gtx 660
    8gb ram 1600

Using the ultra settings, my fps at the shrine and in raids is about 35-45fps. Will a 660 SLI improve this?

I know that wow's engine is bad and even high end computers struggle with it, I'm not upgrading my pc because of wow, I'm just wondering if I'll be able to see some improvement.

I'm in a high pop realm so at busy times its very bad, i really wish blizzard could optimize the game better :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Put it on fullscreen mode if you haven't. Windowed can tank fps for some reason. High shadows/liquid can also improve fps greatly over ultra sometimes. WoW is a cpu hog more than anything, not sure another 660 would make much of a difference. I'm hoping to SLI my 670 soon but I don't think it'll have much of an impact on WoW.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Put it on fullscreen mode if you haven't. Windowed can tank fps for some reason. High shadows/liquid can also improve fps greatly over ultra sometimes. WoW is a cpu hog more than anything, not sure another 660 would make much of a difference. I'm hoping to SLI my 670 soon but I don't think it'll have much of an impact on WoW.
    I always run in fullscreen. There's only very minor boosts by trying to lower some settings down, for example the difference between ultra shadows and high shadows for me is 5 fps. If i could stay at 50fps@ the shrine i'd be happy :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Im not mistaken it was mention it few times that WoW doesn't support SLI so either way you wont get a huge boost to your FPS. I have i5 2500k also GTX 670 and my FPS in raid doesn't go below 45 fps. Im actually perfectly fine with that number

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electroso View Post
    If Im not mistaken it was mention it few times that WoW doesn't support SLI so either way you wont get a huge boost to your FPS. I have i5 2500k also GTX 670 and my FPS in raid doesn't go below 45 fps. Im actually perfectly fine with that number
    Yeah, ty for clarifying that. But geez, when will blizz fix that? Are they just gonna milk the engine for all it's worth until Titan? x_x