(Spoiler) Ultima Weapon Extreme Mode

Basically this encounter has most of the primal mechanics, with a few things thrown in.

First and foremost is a debuff that the Boss will place on the tank. When it get's to 5 stack it will instant gib the tank, the debuff last about 60 seconds and you have plenty of time to swap usually we swap around 2-3 stacks.

Upon engaging the boss, his first primal summon will be Garuda which will sweep a 170 degree angle Slipstream. After that he will deal a Ifrit outer ring plume followed by a Titan Weight of the Earth inner plume, basically just dodge them. Continuing down the fight he will then summon Garuda again and summon the Vortex thingy which you should just move slightly into the middle then back out again. Proceeding from that he will do a 4 corner Ifrit Plume that moves counter-clockwise before proceeding to do Weight of the Earth on the outer field, do note that there is a small gap for tanks to stand.

During the course of the encounter he will summon a few Void balls which a linked in pairs, should any of the Void balls meet each other it will explode and deal very devastating damage about 6.7k unmitigated damage. There are 3 of these happening, first would be 2 Void Ball pairs, second would be 4 pairs forming a #, and lastly 8 pairs forming a very short 8 yard between each. First and 2nd one shouldn't be a problem, all you need to do is get 3-4 people to touch one of the linked pair. For the last one though I'd advise you to use Tank LB to take it, even in the even should you wipe and left with 2 tanks and 1 Healer/Bard you will be close to a LB 3 meter to do the mass raise.

Also during the encounter there is like a nuclear tactical launch, threatening it may be it doesn't really do much damage just don't stand near the mini circle impact point. And there will be 2 phases of Laser bots, just like the one in Temple of Qarn last boss, dodge the lasers kill the bots. First spawn will happen to have i think around 8 in the middle. You could Mage LB it but I'd advise saving that LB. And the latter is about 10 at the outer circle of the field.

Good luck in your attempt in killing Ultima Weapon Extreme. Took my group about 5 tries to observe and got it down. We had a PuG scholar.

If I have the free time I will proceed to refine this guide. This is just a rough sketch. I'm attempting other EM modes as of now...

#Thinks to add in (When I have the time)
    Landslide esque Laser.
    The super laser hit on tank
    Tank purge
    Aetherial some bullshit explosion.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2013-12-17 at 01:12 PM.

5 tries. So much for the hard mode title, huh?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-12-19 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    its actually ultima hard mode

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    5 tries. So much for the hard mode title, huh?
    The OP didnt mention the gear level of his raid force, if they are a Coil raid group (~iLvL 80 average) they probably severely overgear the encounter which makes it alot easier since its designed for iLvl 61 or so.

It is a pretty fun encounter and challenging content for a pug group especially doing it via Duty Finder (the true hard mode). Organized and geared raid groups won't find it too challenging though once the one shot mechanics are learned as gear makes it a great deal easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it pretty entertaining. Of course our group was considered over geared at ilvl 80~, so it's not like we were undergeared. Doing it with appropriate geared pugs would prove a bit more difficult I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    The OP didnt mention the gear level of his raid force, if they are a Coil raid group (~iLvL 80 average) they probably severely overgear the encounter which makes it alot easier since its designed for iLvl 61 or so.

It is a pretty fun encounter and challenging content for a pug group especially doing it via Duty Finder (the true hard mode). Organized and geared raid groups won't find it too challenging though once the one shot mechanics are learned as gear makes it a great deal easier.
    His group has downed Twintania. I'm sure Ultima Weapon posed no threat.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Downed EM Garuda too a few days back. Got a few MiAs so didn't attempt EM Titan yet. Garuda mechanics are easy just she hits like a truck. Currently busy PvPing... Rank 15 220 Games about 155 Wins Solo queue most of the time. Must resist buying iLvl 70 PvP stuff >_<.

Oh and my iLvl is only 79, Full Gryphonskin not all Pentameld still rocking a Hoplite boots and Darksteel gloves.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2013-12-20 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Downed EM Garuda too a few days back. Got a few MiAs so didn't attempt EM Titan yet. Garuda mechanics are easy just she hits like a truck. Currently busy PvPing... Rank 15 220 Games about 155 Wins Solo queue most of the time. Must resist buying iLvl 70 PvP stuff >_<.

Oh and my iLvl is only 79, Full Gryphonskin not all Pentameld still rocking a Hoplite boots and Darksteel gloves.
    Can you pre buy the iLvL 90 PvP gear? If not you might as well invest in the Ilvl 70 stuff because you will hit the 20k cap long before you get rank 30. Probably in early 20s looking at the way the levels increment.

I'm debating myself if I want the lvl 70 pvp gear. I'm in full 90 left side and VIT pentamelded right side, so I stroll in with about 5k hp with food. It's hilarious tanking the other team. but I wonder if the pvp accessories would be better in the long run. I'm sure the 70 pvp gear can't match the 90 pve gear.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

@ jearle

Yeah I finally got down and do the math. As of now there is no need holding back your marks. Just buy iLvl 70 PvP stuff, cause getting from Rank 29 to Rank 30 itself you would have almost 15k Marks.

@Lyese

Get the PvP Gear especially if you are a healer. Keep if you have Pentamelded Right side with capped Spell speed, Determination and Vit then it's good. If not go for the PvP ones. Only thing you won't be upgrading from iLvl 90 should be your Allagan Weapons (If you have them)