Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    Having procs that would be incredibly strong for certain classes, like the rogue example you took, would either make them OP when they have them or weak when they don't have them.

Having 'fun' procs, like the ZG fist set would be nice, things that transform you into something and give some AP/SP/stat bonus during the proc duration.

Edit: Talking about the Vanilla fist weapons from ZG, not the remade fist weapons.
    Or the trinket from Saurfang. The thing kicked ass.

I love the idea of procs on weapons. I have many fond memories of the Marrowgar axe in ICC, and then that bow from ICC, hehe. That said, in terms of balance, it's going to be a nightmare. It feels like something reserved for legendaries IMO. The weapons are likely going to be mandatory for some classes and absolutely horrible for others, like another trinket. Unless they make weapons for all classes with awesome procs or something. But I definitely support purely cosmetic procs or effects.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    My greatest sadness is that I de'd the 2hd Axe from the Wrath event which allowed you to turn into the Undead Guitarist.

Oh, man, I'm so sorry...

Your ideas fit better in Diablo than it would in Warcraft.

Gamebalance is a lot more fickle in WoW, and you wouldn't be able to get away with too many proc effects that add interesting-yet-unpredictable results. When you're in a raid situation and theorycrafters have broken down all weapons and found +poison is better than fire-nova proc, no one would ever use the fire-nova weapon.

Even trinkets have fun effects and abilities, like the one that turned you into a random mob when you dealt damage. But if you had a better trinket, you would never use that fun one.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-12-21 at 09:46 PM.

I just want a way to make my high level paladin's eyes glow blue all the time, and all my high level warlock's eyes glow green. Certain armor pieces give yout his effect, but it would be cool to see it with iconic class weapons. Like a Paladin hammer that makes your eyes charge up like Uther's, or a warlock staff that made your eye's glow like Gul'dan's.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah adding weapons that have a proc that increases my snd duration is really going to make them interesting. JFC go to sleep. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all up fpr cosmetic procs. One of the worst things if you are into transmog and you're playing hunter is that you don't have many guns/bows/xbows with some nice effects on them compared to melee weapons/staves for example.

Procs are not interesting at all. Terrible idea.

Deleted
    Weapons are already the strongest upgrades by miles in the game...and you want to make them even more formidable?