Algalon lvl 80 kill ach

So, a couple of guildies are wanting to do this over christmas, due to not raiding for a few weeks.
    I already have all classes @ 90 and I'm not sure what class is best to bring from a dps perspective, so I was wondering if someone knew if certain classes fare better than others @ lvl 80. I'm thinking something like scaling / certain gear lvls that's more beneficial to some classes than others.
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Mages scale really well with the Mastery at 80 IIRC. Arcane Mage, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock and Balance Druid also scale very well at that stage.

@Noriala: I'm not too fond of arcanes unfort But thanks for the tip anyway, I can pass it along and see if anyone else likes them

@Nalira: Is that any warlock spec?

Best tank by far is Blood DK, best healers are Priest/Shaman/Druid IMHO, best dps are Mage/Lock or anything that scales well with mastery.

I did it on a Rogue and topped the meters. Poisons scale incredibly with Mastery

I'm hoping to do this on an alt warlock in a few weeks, did you guys just do it in heirlooms/whatever gear you had?

Or did you spend a few weeks getting Ulduar gear first?

I've seen it ran a few times on Openraid and oQueue so people are doing it a fair amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardeth View Post
    @Nalira: Is that any warlock spec?
    Demo and Destro.

Would you have 3 spots open? I have a tank/heal/dps group that is looking for a group.

We are all 225-226ilvl with pretty much BiS gear, just didn't find a group yet >_>

(resto shammy, brewm tank, mage)

Deleted
    Doesn't shield slam scale incredibly well ? Or is it for lower levels / has been fixed ?

Tbh any class will outperform the fight so much that it isn't even funny anymore.

Play whatever class and spec you find fun for the role you are going to fill. It can literally be done by 3 people who know what they are doing.

A disc priest would be grand for the damage/healing throughput. Arcane mage is good to have. Pali tank works well.

It has been a while since I looked into it; but if you are going to farm some gear; the weapon/oh/shield can be a higher ilvl which widens your selection. BiS is not required. You can use Cata food & pots. BiS tanks will have insane hp compared to when it was current ... I think the last time I checked a tank build they could get over 50k hp.

Have fun with it; that is the most important part. With a full group, in decent gear, you'll burn through the boss pretty quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    Would you have 3 spots open? I have a tank/heal/dps group that is looking for a group.

We are all 225-226ilvl with pretty much BiS gear, just didn't find a group yet >_>

(resto shammy, brewm tank, mage)
    If you don't get in with them; just try it anyway;

3 man

2 man

Now not everyone can do it like that; and I feel it is more fun with a full group of friends ... but if you find being challenged fun, then ...

Doing this as well, was looking into the change to enchants and got this response when I put in a ticket:

"Hey there, Game Master Pozenex here, hope your day is going well!

Looks like you have some questions about the achievement, Herald of the Titans. After looking into this the enchants shouldn't matter too much. They now scale to be level appropriate so the shouldn't count against you since they'll be what should be correct anyways. Hope this helps and best of luck getting that achievement!

Fair travels and bountiful loot, /bows"

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    [...]
    Now not everyone can do it like that; and I feel it is more fun with a full group of friends ... but if you find being challenged fun, then ...
    Thanks for posting those videos, we might attempt it just for the sake of trying.
    But from what we tested so far (and read everywhere) it was way easier before 5.4 because professions scaled up to lvl 90 - now they are capped based of your level. That way you could get MASSIVE stats gain, like 15k~20k hp just by having BS/Mining. Or like bajillons DPS by using herbalism bloodlust (even skinning used to give 10~11% crit chance because of how strong 640 crit rating is).

Too bad it was nerfed. Our tanks get shit on and healers can't keep a single tank alive for 5m~, his mana wont last that long...

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk is good, fast leveling too. Only PITA is gearing since you can't buy/loot tier sets at 80.

It's really easy to do, don't worry it too much. With Cata flasks and potions as well as scaling changing over time it is very easy to do with a group of competent people.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did it with a Mage and Rogue. Both are scary good at that level.

Recently got back into the game after a long break. I remember doing this achievement back in WTLK on my Paladin. This is probably one of the coolest titles in the game. I did it again early Cataclysm on a few other alts as well when titles were not account wide.It was pretty easy and straight forward then. However, I've returned on a new account and was hoping this could be one of the first titles I achieve on this account.

Am currently level 77. Should be level 80 by this weekend. I've read that its pretty hard to gear up for this these days through the ICC dungeons since you can't really queue for them or something at level 80.

However, I would very much be willing to run with a group who are looking to gear up.

US Alliance BTW!

I did my achievement on a hunter. We had 2 in the group and I think the only class that was higher on DPS was a Mage. I did it last xpac when you could only use Cata flasks, with Mists flasks it should be much, much easier. Toon is Kyndria on Gorefiend