Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think this trailer isn't very exiting; however, if they made a modern version of the X-Wing and/or Tie Fighter games and turned it into sort of an mmo that could be pretty cool.

Tie Fighter is still one of my favorite games of all time.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Looked great up to you said Free to play and I suddenly have lost all interest.

The best part of the IGN article was the number of people raging at EA for making this game Free to Play. (EA has nothing to do with this game)

I'd really really like this to be cool but it looks soooooo terrible that I'm pretty sure it's going to suck :/

Will they use Hero Engine this time too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. Well let see what happens but I doubt anything great...

Nothing beats Blur Studios for cinematics.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Scrap it and give me 1313 back please.
    Edgy cover-shooter to join the ranks of thousands of edgy cover-shooters. Good riddance.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

UGH not my fav but sorry think it should deleted

I hope it's more X-Wing/TIE Fighter than Rogue Squadron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It looks like you're the squadron leader and have a bunch of NPC fighters attached to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hope it's more X-Wing/TIE Fighter than Rogue Squadron.
    F2P game aimed at mass market? Keep hoping.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    SOURCE: IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...tails-revealed
    Disney Interactive has today revealed Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, a free-to-play space combat game for PC. Star Wars: Attack Squadrons is being developed by Area 52 Games, in conjunction with Disney Interactive and LucasArts.

Official site with beta sign up and game details: http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/
    Gamespot has some screenshots: http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-at...adrons/images/

Trailer

I hope Area 52 or whoever the hell is making this pulls it off. We're all waiting on an x wing vs tie fighter sequel(or close to it) that's any good.
    It being F2P has me worried, but if they can stray away from P2W, I'll be fine with F2P.
    That article is a little light on details. So is this a lan based multiplayer game like counterstrike with space ships? Or is it going to be bigger like an MMO?

It says you can 'tune and customize' ships, but does that mean power, aesthetics, or both?

WTB moar info plox.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The trailer looks terrible, however, i loved Rogue Squadron, so lets hope something good comes out of it
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

The game has been cancelled: http://kotaku.com/new-star-wars-spac...led-1580779510

And nothing of value was lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not suprised that another Star Wars game is cancelled. Hope this whole "star wars movie every year" thing is good...

Deleted
    Wow , this looks horrible . Looks like its made by a graduate who had this for his "project".

Deleted
    If it works.. http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news-main/...e-be-with-you/ I just really need one to play any sort of game with

I just want new proper Rogue Squadron or X-Wing game :|