1. #1

    Disc LMG: What to expect?

    I am finishing up the quest line today (stupid secret drop rate any way) and this is what I have collectively put together from information I have read.


    Add Proc to WeakAura
    Mana will not be an issue: Find a comfortable regen level for MY play style reforge out of Sprit in favor of Crit > Mastery
    "Try" and use level 90 talent on proc


    Some things I am not perfectly clear, and I do understand it all is situational, When it does proc - what is generally cast?

    Lastly - What fight would (via LFR or FLEX) would be the best to gauge my spirit level? Mana intensive?

    Any and all information is appreciated.

  2. #2
    try to save lvl 90 talents if you can, sometimes you cant. bubble spam if u cant use the lvl 90 talent(try to get ur free rapture) and generally just keep dpsing. if youre glyphed into moving penance as most people, that can be used during LMG proc too since it costs a good amount of mana

  3. #3
    t90 if it's actually worth using during the proc.

    Generally you just shield the tank, or continue atonement healing.

  4. #4
    rofl dont bubble spam plz. just dont.

  5. #5
    Basically you want to use the highest cost/highest HPS spells/lowest cast time to get the most of the proc. Most priests spam PW:S's to take advantage of it.

    Mana shouldn't really be an issue, I wouldn't worry about your spirit level. You can go way low, esp if you are only doing LFR/Flex's.
    Teegers - Disc Priest - Summit - US - Illidan 14/14H
    Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Teegers/simple
    Summit Guild - http://www.summitguild.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarpower View Post
    rofl dont bubble spam plz. just dont.
    what are you on about, you either bubble spam 3-4 shields or get 2-3 shields and a L90 talent off during the LMG proc, if your not doing this as disc then your not using the proc effectively.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire PhillieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    what are you on about, you either bubble spam 3-4 shields or get 2-3 shields and a L90 talent off during the LMG proc, if your not doing this as disc then your not using the proc effectively.
    Actually I think glyphed binding heal if you are running with that gives you the best bang for your buck during LMG procs. When I'm not I tend to go 3-4 shields when I'm running DS and 2-3 + Halo when I'm using that.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Actually I think glyphed binding heal if you are running with that gives you the best bang for your buck during LMG procs. When I'm not I tend to go 3-4 shields when I'm running DS and 2-3 + Halo when I'm using that.
    3 shields is a minimum of 600k healing in absorbs, you will be lucky to get more than 2 binding heal casts off which is usually less than 600k in healing, not to mention the potential for those shields to absorb around 500k, binding heal should only be used in situations where it will be used completely with no overheal otherwise straight up shields are much better, plus one of those shields is bound to grant you a rapture proc for even more free mana back.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegs View Post
    .... if you are only doing LFR/Flex's.
    That is only because of the server I am on. Stormrage-US has some pretty high demands, whether it be a PUG or a guild run LFM. You see LFM 540+ or Garrosh 555+ all day long. Just as much, I do not like being a failure, or disappointing so I let it be. My guild has 2 groups first group is 10M 14/14 HM the other is 10M 5/14 HM. I am little behind on the gear.


    I reforged away a nice chunk of spirit last night sitting at 9100 and ran Flex 1 & 2. I never felt starved at all.
    Last edited by Nalda; 2013-12-18 at 02:30 PM.

  10. #10
    High Overlord Hatebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil ~
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalda View Post
    (...) I never felt starved at all.
    I'm only 5/14h but still, the only fight I really feel mana starved with my 6k~ spirit is 2 healing H-Fallen Protectors. If you track that LMG proc and, some others said, 2-3 shields + Lv90 (I tend do pop Archangel whenever it lines up too), you'll be fine.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire PhillieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    3 shields is a minimum of 600k healing in absorbs, you will be lucky to get more than 2 binding heal casts off which is usually less than 600k in healing, not to mention the potential for those shields to absorb around 500k, binding heal should only be used in situations where it will be used completely with no overheal otherwise straight up shields are much better, plus one of those shields is bound to grant you a rapture proc for even more free mana back.
    Arbitrary numbers are arbitrary - Somone did the math, can't remember who posted it in a thread maybe 6 months ago, but I can see if I can find it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Arbitrary numbers are arbitrary - Somone did the math, can't remember who posted it in a thread maybe 6 months ago, but I can see if I can find it.
    fully buffed my normal shields are 252k min and crits are 500-583k so thats 1.1-1.2 mill absorbs from 3 shields assuming 1 crit. The shields have the potential for absorbing up to 1.5-1.7 million healing if they all crit which 3 is not that likely but 2 crits will happen often.

    binding heal hits for 120k max so thats 500k healing per cast assuming one crit for 1-1.1 mill healing from 2 casts. Binding heal rarely has more than one crit per heal but assuming they all crit it would be around 700k healing per cast so a max of 1.4 million healing assuming all crit. And that still has to take into account no overhealing which is highly unlikely.

    The occasions to use binding heal are when its to be used 100% effectively and even then its still less potential healing than shields.

    Im sitting at 58k sp, 42% crit, 51% mastery raidbuffed. and with t162set up 52% crit so crits happen very often.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2013-12-18 at 07:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire PhillieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    fully buffed my normal shields are 252k min and crits are 500-583k so thats 1.1-1.2 mill absorbs from 3 shields assuming 1 crit. The shields have the potential for absorbing up to 1.5-1.7 million healing if they all crit which 3 is not that likely but 2 crits will happen often.

    binding heal hits for 120k max so thats 500k healing per cast assuming one crit for 1-1.1 mill healing from 2 casts. Binding heal rarely has more than one crit per heal but assuming they all crit it would be around 700k healing per cast so a max of 1.4 million healing assuming all crit. And that still has to take into account no overhealing which is highly unlikely.

    The occasions to use binding heal are when its to be used 100% effectively and even then its still less potential healing than shields.

    Im sitting at 58k sp, 42% crit, 51% mastery raidbuffed. and with t162set up 52% crit so crits happen very often.
    I will defintly give you the point on overhealing - I probably don't see it as a factor becuase 9/10 I don't run with the glyph but when I do it's usually on really healing intesive fights where everyone is not topped off so the risk for overhealing is minimum. You are not taking haste into account though i'm assuming you are sitting @ 1,3 sec BHs or more that's why you are assuming flat 2 casts / proc and not 3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •