Thread: Immerseus

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Immerseus

Anyone noting that their pet vanishes everytime he submerges?

I suspect that it might be as a result of warlock soloing and some bizarre fix that is making the fight a little more annoying.

This was on LFR, My 5 month old doesn't allow for "real" raiding.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pets has been despawning at Immerseus from the start. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not. Most likely based on where you are standing relative to where the boss is facing. Possibly Swirl related as well, I'm not sure.

This is why people avoid BM for that particular boss.

Just recall pet right b4 he submerges.

i had this issue once when standing on the side of the boss, but since moving to the back of the boss, my pet has never disappeared. this may just be a coincidence, but being behind the boss, my pet is always just 10-20 yards away from me and in perfect los.

This issue has been around since the start of the tier. Best I can tell it's related to how far away you are from your pet when he despawns. We use the stand in a line method on heroic and I used to stand 30-40 yards off of the boss, but I noticed my pet was despawning. I started standing about 10 yards off the boss and I haven't had an issue since.

The melee weren't happy with me, but they weren't happy losing crit buff either, so I told them to deal with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only ever happened to me this week, Not a huge issue I don't suppose on LFR, just noticed that it happened every submerge this week. Not sure is is positioning either because I stand in the same place on both of my 90's every time.

I did wonder about the frankly colossal hit box the chap is rocking, by rights pets should be on the edge of the pool but seem adamant on going for a dip, wondering of it's a range thing.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leelad View Post
    Only ever happened to me this week, Not a huge issue I don't suppose on LFR, just noticed that it happened every submerge this week. Not sure is is positioning either because I stand in the same place on both of my 90's every time.

I did wonder about the frankly colossal hit box the chap is rocking, by rights pets should be on the edge of the pool but seem adamant on going for a dip, wondering of it's a range thing.
    Maybe you are always standing in the same spot, but are your tanks always facing the boss in the same direction?

Quote Originally Posted by bpolak View Post
    This issue has been around since the start of the tier. Best I can tell it's related to how far away you are from your pet when he despawns. We use the stand in a line method on heroic and I used to stand 30-40 yards off of the boss, but I noticed my pet was despawning. I started standing about 10 yards off the boss and I haven't had an issue since.

The melee weren't happy with me, but they weren't happy losing crit buff either, so I told them to deal with it.
    Can confirm, we use the line method on heroic immerseus and my pet despawns often. Super annoying. I'll try standing even closer, thanks.

Deleted
    Exact reason none of our hunters went BM for this fight on heroic.

Generally this happens because you end up in the front 180 degrees of the boss, your pet tries to run to his back and distance despawns because his hitbox is enormous and pets seek the edge of a hitbox.

I also fixed this by just standing much closer to the boss.

^

10 characters
    Last edited by Valkors; 2013-12-09 at 04:07 PM.

I heard it was blink strikes that make it disappear, I take blink strikes off and I havent had a problem ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by xmattblackx View Post
    I heard it was blink strikes that make it disappear, I take blink strikes off and I havent had a problem ever since.
    Yeah, that's what I've noticed too. Blink Strikes seems to make my pet spaz out a lot during the fight - it's not just the submerge.

Deleted
    The thing is, you can't use AMoC on this fight in heroic, due to it giving you stacks of the dot. So I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to using blink strikes and just calling your pet after every submerge.

My pet always runs back to me after a submerge, because I have it on passive, don't know what the problem really is. And I use blink strikes as well.

Man... so on Friday night there I am, heroic Immerseus. We've got him on farm but we can still mess it up, it's not a cakewalk. I announce that this time I need to stand much closer to the boss than normal, so my pet doesn't despawn 4+ times. Everybody kinda *shrugs* ok whatever.

We pull! My pet runs up to the boss, in front, and starts attacking him. Stays there each time he's on the boss. /facepalm

TL;DR I think they hotfixed/patched this so that pets don't run to the back of Immerseus.

I guess im lucky, never had this issue =D

Ok so I did testing last week, and confirmed it again on flex. My pet seems to jump to the edge of the hit box, and since Immerseus has such a huuuge hit box, depending on where I am standing, he blinks to the back side and goes out of range, immediately despawning. Got this to work 4 different times. The way I countered it was standing closer to Immerseus. Seemed to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Connorizm View Post
    The thing is, you can't use AMoC on this fight in heroic, due to it giving you stacks of the dot. So I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to using blink strikes and just calling your pet after every submerge.
    I actually just use Lynx Rush on this fight- the pet still sometimes despawns when he uses the Lynx Rush but that's less frequent than the despawns I get from Blink Strike, and aMoC is too dangerous.

Deleted
    I think it has to do with blink strikes blinking behind the boss = sometimes it's so far away so the pet will dismiss itself.