Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wish list: Level 100 Talent

I primarily PvP. So to me ALL the lvl 100 talents seem useless.Heres what im proposingfor a lvl 100 talent

(Not creative with names, so not going to try)

Movement while Camouflaged is now passive and speed is increase to 100%. Also CD is reduced by 30 sec.

Might be getting carried away with the CD reduction. But this would make me Happy Happy Happy for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnezz View Post
    I primarily PvP. So to me ALL the lvl 100 talents seem useless.Heres what im proposingfor a lvl 100 talent

(Not creative with names, so not going to try)

Movement while Camouflaged is now passive and speed is increase to 100%. Also CD is reduced by 30 sec.

Might be getting carried away with the CD reduction. But this would make me Happy Happy Happy for PvP.
    So you wanna trade all max level talents being useless for PvP to the same, but for PvE. Won't work.

How about something like "when breaking out of Camuflage, your movement speed is increased by 50% and your haste is increased by 15% for 8 seconds". I agree, Camouflage is a cool skill, having it a bit modified could be fun.

That would be incredibly weak for a level 100 talent. That's like a level 15 or 30 talent, maybe.

this would just be one of the options, the other 2 would still be PVE base. God forbid a tier talent primarily be PVP base right

this would just be one of the options, the other 2 would still be PVE base. God forbid a tier talent primarily be PVP base right
    Take it easy big guy. I didn't so "NO PVP TALENTS." I said that would be a weak talent. There's nothing wrong with a PvP talent, but it should be. You know. Appropriately strong for what level it is.

God forbid they finally make an arena server and a BG server and let the rest of us get on with it and stop nerfing the crap out of things because they were OP in PVP.

Deleted
    Do you often use camuflage outside stealth comp arena openers and guarding flags? That whould be shame if after reaching level 100 you will get talents you use once a week. And as many said making pure pvp or pve talents will not work. I whould like to have lvl 100 talents provide 3 different raid cooldowns like improved hunters mark increase damage done for all party members in 100 yards by 5% for 6 sec, lick wounds increase healing taken by 10% for 6 sec for raid members etc. so it whould have use in both eveinronments and talent choice will be situational.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to swap out a talent that is useless for PvP for another talent which is useless for PvE? All you've done is change which crowd the talent is useless for.

I agree 2 out of the 3 top tier talents are near useless for PvP depending on spec, but your suggestion is not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    So you want to swap out a talent that is useless for PvP for another talent which is useless for PvE? All you've done is change which crowd the talent is useless for.

I agree 2 out of the 3 top tier talents are near useless for PvP depending on spec, but your suggestion is not a solution.
    i wont say 2, the one that allow you to play petless will be pretty good for bm pvp, the other ones are not that great as powershot, still look at the ppl using powershot until got nerfed so we cant even tell atm if they are good or not for pvp.

for some comps bola shot will be nice, like PHDK since dk will be spreading out diceases anyway you wont trap much and keeping the cleave damage up since they usually stack to block traps could be a good choice.

the only one that i can see useless is the longer cast time cobra shot one, cant be cast on the move and wont be able to get an use in pvp, some ppl may use it right tho.

i think they need to stop giving us dps talents, more garbage to bloat our bars that have diferent name but same damage as arcane shot cobrashot. glaive toss is a glorified arcane shot with long cd, they need to start giving hunter more defensive cds that affect the raid or party.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    the one that allow you to play petless will be pretty good for bm pvp
    Playing without a pet in PvP gimps a Hunter so hard you'd have to be brain-dead to attempt it. You just lose FAR too much utility and survivability without your pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my view the current ones are all useless for mm and sv in pvp, with only one talent being usefull for bm.
    Bola-> risks breaking cc, if it did not (glyph) its benefits would be minimal as people for the most part do not stand ontop of eachother in pvp.
    Snipe-> focus gain not needed, removes mobility, too long cast.
    Petless-> benefits bm damage slightly, for mm and sv it removes rsac and master's call making it the worst possible talent you can take for pvp.

Agee that we need raid/group cds but I would want them as spells not in a talent tree.

Think I would want 3 non targeted abilities. Simply area based attacks or abilities you have to aim as orb or shockwave.
    Just feel like thats another thing we completly lack, outside dropping traps directly on the target we dont really have anything of the sort.
    For pve they could spice up aoe rotations and pvp they could be made interesting/usefull by simply granting a knockback/stun/slow/fear or w/e.

-> possibly something like these
    Improved flare; now illuminates a greater area and starts a propper fire
    Dealing x fire damage every s in a y radius, burning targets will panic for x seconds.

Mongoose bite; This hunter kept his melee weaponds
    Deals x damage to all targets in y radius, the hunter's suprising melee skill pacifies all targets in y area for x seconds.

Volley; bla bla blocks out the sun
    Old volley minus being channeled instead it has a % chance to pin targets to the spot for y seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Playing without a pet in PvP gimps a Hunter so hard you'd have to be brain-dead to attempt it. You just lose FAR too much utility and survivability without your pet.
    you cant read well can you?

it will be pretty amazing for bm, +20 more "pet damage" increase on top of rabid, yeah is going to be a must have in pvp.

Deleted
    Rabid is ferocity pets, you lose RoS by using these. And yes for BM this is no brainer so far so I believe something must change or we are back to cookie cutter specs.

It gives you lots of pet abilities ON TOP of its current abilities. So, for example, if you use a cunning pet (with RoS) you'd then ALSO gain Rabid and a bunch of the tenacity stuff too. It's an amazing talent for BM PvP.

Deleted
    My hunter lvl 100 talent would be
    1.(Passive harm) your chimera shots,kill command and explosive shots now apply widow venom and serpent sting effect on your target
    2.(Master Kiter) Your concussive shot now slows or affects all enemy regardless of their maximum speed, also your pet gets a snare ability which has a cool-down of 45 seconds.
    3.Keep the talent that blizzard made that petless hunter gets increase damage.
    I think these Ideas maybe not the best but still juicy if you think about it.
    Give me thoughts peeps

Quote Originally Posted by fisayoolat View Post
    1.(Passive harm) your chimera shots,kill command and explosive shots now apply widow venom and serpent sting effect on your target
    2.(Master Kiter) Your concussive shot now slows or affects all enemy regardless of their maximum speed, also your pet gets a snare ability which has a cool-down of 45 seconds.
    Give me thoughts peeps
    Only one of those is a DPS increase in PvE. Guess which one people will take? Especially since SrS can be kept up infinitely in our normal rotation already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fisayoolat View Post
    Give me thoughts peeps
    1. This would fuck up high end PvE play quite badly since you couldn't play with your DPS modifiers anymore if the serpent sting would be refreshed all the time when you spam your highest prio attacks so nope. Sure they need to think something for Widow Venom since it's pretty useless GCD atm but it doesn't deserve a talent because of it

2. Pretty sure we are mobile enough

3. You're god damn right!

As long as lone ranger stays im happy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    There are pvp oriented talent tiers, and there are PvE oriented talent tiers, and there are those that are good for both PvP and PvE.

T15/T30- mostly PvP oriented talent tiers. Sure, T15 has double deterrence (useful, but not always necessary), and increased movement (But you rarely have to quickly disengage twice in PvE, and disengage is generally enough movement in the majority of cases). Mostly PvP oriented tier.

T30- CCs galore. Sure, some of these talents have place in things like challenge mode (Binding Shot) and whenever you need a CC (Wyvern Sting), but there has been, what, 2 fights that you CC this expansion? But its used mostly in PvP.

T45- both. Self healing is good for both PvP and PvE.

T60- both. Dire Beast is the "burst" pvp talent, fervor is good for both, TotH is.. mediocre for pvp compared to the other 2, but good.

T75- mostly PvE. Murder of Crows is just more damage, not really burst. Blink strikes is that teleport, is awesome for BM, but really only the defacto choice because the other 2 aren't so good. Lynx Rush is just.. no for PvE.

T90- both. All 3 are included in the rotation for a dps increase for PvE. 2 of the 3 also have nice PvP side effects. Barrage can be niche used for spraying a large area.

T100- primarily PvE. Pros/cons have already been discussed.

So yea. You DONT need new pvp stuff every expansion. You got plenty of tools already, and, if you look at the other classes, most of them seem to be in the same boat for talents, primarily PvE focused, with PvP stuff being the exception (Paladins).
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    There are pvp oriented talent tiers, and there are PvE oriented talent tiers, and there are those that are good for both PvP and PvE.

T15/T30- mostly PvP oriented talent tiers. Sure, T15 has double deterrence (useful, but not always necessary), and increased movement (But you rarely have to quickly disengage twice in PvE, and disengage is generally enough movement in the majority of cases). Mostly PvP oriented tier.

T30- CCs galore. Sure, some of these talents have place in things like challenge mode (Binding Shot) and whenever you need a CC (Wyvern Sting), but there has been, what, 2 fights that you CC this expansion? But its used mostly in PvP.

T45- both. Self healing is good for both PvP and PvE.

T60- both. Dire Beast is the "burst" pvp talent, fervor is good for both, TotH is.. mediocre for pvp compared to the other 2, but good.

T75- mostly PvE. Murder of Crows is just more damage, not really burst. Blink strikes is that teleport, is awesome for BM, but really only the defacto choice because the other 2 aren't so good. Lynx Rush is just.. no for PvE.

T90- both. All 3 are included in the rotation for a dps increase for PvE. 2 of the 3 also have nice PvP side effects. Barrage can be niche used for spraying a large area.

T100- primarily PvE. Pros/cons have already been discussed.

So yea. You DONT need new pvp stuff every expansion. You got plenty of tools already, and, if you look at the other classes, most of them seem to be in the same boat for talents, primarily PvE focused, with PvP stuff being the exception (Paladins).
    Can't actually believe you just stated that t15 is mainly a pvp oriented tier. Oh jesus.