Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    If you think losing 5 in every 10 games because of pure RNG is fun then yes, Hearthstone is a great game.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    If you think losing 5 in every 10 games because of pure RNG is fun then yes, Hearthstone is a great game.
    Build a better deck.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That list looks rather scewed.

    Hmm and where is GTA5? come on...
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.

    It typically shows that on line competitive PC games are played LOOOOONG after they have been published.

    The fact that HS scores this high already in closed beta shows 2 things:

    LONG player sessions (good thing).

    Keeping the interest of beta players (another good thing).

    Of course I knew these last 2 things already when I watched my wife and son struggle to get to my only beta account every time I quit playing.

    Luckily they both have now a beta key too.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-12-18 at 04:42 PM.

  4. #24
    Immortal MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    7,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    If you think losing 5 in every 10 games because of pure RNG is fun then yes, Hearthstone is a great game.
    Build better decks. You mean playing against other people or a computer? If it's against other people then a 50% winrate is what you should be getting. Lots of people expect higher winrates but for every person witha 50%+ winrate there's someone with a below 50% winrate. Then those people quit because they aren't winning enough and... la la la in circles down we go.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.

    It typically shows that on line competitive PC games are played LOOOOONG after they have been published.

    The fact that HS scores this high already in closed beta shows 2 things:

    LONG player sessions (good thing).

    Keeping the interest of beta players (another good thing).
    Not sure though. BLZ usually start of with with a small beta invite then step it up notch by notch, the recent beta wave was massive ie. new players.
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Like said before, I am in Boston this week and if you are the big man you claim to be, come visit me. I'll PM you the hotel and room number. Let's see if you are such a hero in real life too, like you claim to be.
    [WoT] WN8: 2,219 WR: 59% [WoT]

  6. #26
    High Overlord Stefanos123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    It's because GTA 5 isn't released yet on the PC.
    Always look on the bright side of life

  7. #27
    Good ol' BenBos, the Karizee of the Hearthstone forum.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    Build a better deck.
    Pay real money

  9. #29
    I knew this would be a BenBos thread for some reason...

  10. #30
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

    Expect Blizzard to have the biggest game of 2014 in hands.
    Nope, maybe one of the biggest, not THE biggest.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanos123 View Post
    It's because GTA 5 isn't released yet on the PC.
    hehe

    kind of puts a dent into benbos credibility

  12. #32
    Super Moderator xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hup Holland Hup!
    Posts
    9,048
    Let's put a stop to the personal attacks, please. React to the topic of the thread, not who creates it or who posts in it. If the topic doesn't interest you feel free to not post in it and ignore it.
    Attack the Argument, not the Person ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  13. #33
    Hmm its says biggest game is LoL with more than 12000 player and Hearthstone has less than 1900. Still a long way to go.
    Last edited by Conscience; 2013-12-18 at 09:22 PM.

  14. #34
    I dont get how people can play hearthstone for more than a week and not get bored. hextcg.com is where its at

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Pay real money
    Why, are the cards in the packs you pay for better than cards you get for gold?

  16. #36
    Bear in mind that:

    -It's new and exciting and sexy (all games have a honeymoon)
    -It's beta so it's sorta-pretend-exclusive
    -It's free.

    So we're probably seeing a big spike in activity that will go down in future. On the other hand, I have no idea why Blizzard doesn't just wind up the beta and sell the damn thing, I've played full games that are way less polished! Why won't they shut up and take my money?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC
    IKR? It's been out 3 months and not a single PC copy has sold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Bear in mind that:

    -It's new and exciting and sexy (all games have a honeymoon)
    -It's beta so it's sorta-pretend-exclusive
    -It's free.

    So we're probably seeing a big spike in activity that will go down in future. On the other hand, I have no idea why Blizzard doesn't just wind up the beta and sell the damn thing, I've played full games that are way less polished! Why won't they shut up and take my money?
    there a still a few game breaking bugs that need fixing, like the pandaren brewmaster bug.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by trunkrollah View Post
    I dont get how people can play hearthstone for more than a week and not get bored.
    I don't know, ask the million beta players who keep on playing.

    Perhaps they have a better taste than you

  19. #39
    Xfire is only a good estimate of how much time people who use Xfire spend in each game anyway.

    I actually didn't know what Xfire was until now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    There is no doubt its going to be huge...the only question is, how huge?
    That's what she said.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    there a still a few game breaking bugs that need fixing, like the pandaren brewmaster bug.
    Ouch didn't know about that one. But surely a bug fix would be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  20. #40
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,398
    I'd assume Xfire is not that accurate, I mean I have a feeling the main reason those 2 Cod games are so high is due to so many people who bought those when they came out got into Xfire in a big way and if I am not mistaken is a great tool for those games in terms of finding matchs etc. I'd also assume that Dota2 is much much farther ahead. Today it had in the region of half a million playing at it's peak, that is half of all the people who currently are in the HS beta and I would assume at no point after the first few hours of release does a game have half of it's player base on at one time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •