How does haste work?

I understand that haste boosts weapon speed and energy regeneration (im talking about assassination spec), but what else does it do? Does it affect proc rate of trinkets and weapon enchants? Does it cause more critical strikes to happen? Does it cause more deadly poison applications on target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gmike View Post
    I understand that haste boosts weapon speed and energy regeneration (im talking about assassination spec), but what else does it do? Does it affect proc rate of trinkets and weapon enchants? Does it cause more critical strikes to happen? Does it cause more deadly poison applications on target?
    short anwser:
    Proc rate trinks, enchants: yes
    more crit strikes: yes and no
    more deadly: (i think yes, no rogue connaiseur)

Deleted
    Crit depends on how you see it.

If you increase haste by 10% and have 25% crit then you will hit 10% more hits and 25% of those hits will be crits. So in total you will get more hits but they are still only 25% of your total amount of hits.

Procs and trinkets yes.. but remember most of them has an internal cooldown so the difference is quite low.

The most dps increase is just due to the fact that you make more hits and potentially more crits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Procs - only ones that are affected by haste (legendary cloak, legendary meta gem, not *most* trinkets, at this time). Poisons, absolutely - read deadly. It's a chance to apply on hit. With more haste, you're hitting more often (as you mention in the OP), so you proc poison... more often. As mentioned, crit rate remains the same.

Also do not confuse, haste does not increase Deadly Poison tick rate. None of Melee DoTs scale with haste.

25% of your hits will be crits. Naturally, if you fit more hits in, more hits will be crits. The percentage doesn't increase but the number of total hits (and therefore total crits) will.

At least, that's what I've come to believe. Maybe I'm wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    25% of your hits will be crits. Naturally, if you fit more hits in, more hits will be crits. The percentage doesn't increase but the number of total hits (and therefore total crits) will.

At least, that's what I've come to believe. Maybe I'm wrong?
    You're completely right.