GPU/PSU/MOBO help!!

Ok so i'm trying to put in a XFX R7800 into my pc. My mobo is MSI B75-P45, PSU is Raidmax 450 max watt. Now the issue i'm having is when i install the Graphic card i get no image and my screens stay black, i'm wondering if the PSU doesn't have the power for this card or due i need to hookup the PSU direct to GPU. The graphic card cooling fans do turn on.

Thanks to all in advance

Skadoush
    Last edited by Skadoush; 2013-12-18 at 07:05 PM.

If, by XFX R7800 you mean either the 7850 or 7870, then yes, it will require supplemental power from your PSU, the connections will be on the side of the card and look like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Yes, the PSU should plug directly into the GPU from at least one, maybe two 6 pin PCI-E ports. I can't tell if your PSU has those, but the card should have come with adapters too
    2) Make sure you're plugging your monitor into the card, not the motherboard
    3) Replace the PSU. Raidmax is known to be explodey.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Gcard is 7870, So now a new question what PSU would be good for this card. Still learning here.

Any good brand. Seasonic would be my choice. XFX rebrands those psu's alot. the xfx 550watt core edition might be a good choice
    Last edited by megabeat; 2013-12-18 at 10:02 PM.