Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"less likely to spike"

Melee damage from the Paragons should now be more consistent and less likely to spike.

So much for that.

Someone doesn't know what "less likely" means.

Deleted
    Less Likely =/= Will not

although I agree, Should not happen at all :/

10+ Year Old Account
    You know where I was going at...

10+ Year Old Account
    And be grateful for that, i don't want to imagine how it would be if they were more likely to spike!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not really. "Less likely" doesn't mean it won't.

And I'm more confused about how your expel harm healed your corpse.
    Happens all the time. I'll look in my combat log around death and show hot ticks and other nonsense after the fact. I even had a Guardian Spirit put on me posthumously. It's most to do with how the server and the various clients talk to each other and time things out.

Can we get a full screenshot so we can be sure you didnt just have a bunch of stacks of Tenderizing Strikes on you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kcsaenz View Post
    Can we get a full screenshot so we can be sure you didnt just have a bunch of stacks of Tenderizing Strikes on you
    Screenshot was made after the wipe. Unfortunately there are no logs. But I had 2-3 stacks which is no problem. He always hits like this with or without stacks.

Don't blame the Paragons, you really could just take 5k haste and 5k Crit and dump it all into mastery and be taking about 20% less physical damage without losing any EB stacks since you're ridiculously far over the white crit cap anyways. Having no defensive stats and getting gibbed by the 2nd to last boss in the expansion should be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Don't blame the Paragons, you really could just take 5k haste and 5k Crit and dump it all into mastery and be taking about 20% less physical damage without losing any EB stacks since you're ridiculously far over the white crit cap anyways. Having no defensive stats and getting gibbed by the 2nd to last boss in the expansion should be expected.
    Hmmm getting 10k mastery equals 20% more shuffle? So getting 20k mastery (pretty much trivial should you go for mastery) gives you 40% more shuffle, add 20% from stance, 5% from base mastery and another 20% from blackout and you are looking at a constant 85-90% damage to stagger right?

Yeah, that is SO not happening XD You hit somewhere around ~60% damage to stagger with a full mastery build.

You should know by now that at 960 mastery per 1% getting 10k mastery gives you ~10% more stagger, not 20%

If you had absolutely 0 absorbs on you before that first hit, your mastery would be somewhere around 52% total which translates somewhere around 3800 mastery rating.

Meaning you actively gemmed, enchanted, and reforged away from your survival stat.

On top of that, you were taking 20-30% extra damage from tenderized - which apparently is a problem.

Kil'ruk is also literally the hardest hitting boss in the game right now.

To summarize,

1.) Gearing to be a paper tiger.
    2.) Bad earlier gameplay causing higher damage intake.
    3.) Hard hitting boss.

How is this blizzard's fault?

Hmmm getting 10k mastery equals 20% more shuffle? So getting 20k mastery (pretty much trivial should you go for mastery) gives you 40% more shuffle, add 20% from stance, 5% from base mastery and another 20% from blackout and you are looking at a constant 85-90% damage to stagger right?

Yeah, that is SO not happening XD You hit somewhere around ~60% damage to stagger with a full mastery build.

You should know by now that at 960 mastery per 1% getting 10k mastery gives you ~10% more stagger, not 20%
    You realize that +10% stagger is roughly equivalent to -20% physical damage, right? Increasing returns and all ...

Edit:

For reference, with 10% more mastery and no tenderized debuffs, the hits would look like:

(if death was with 2 stacks of tenderized)
    275090 (448840 absorbed)
    275880 (450120 absorbed)

(if death was with 3 stacks of tenderized)
    254094 (414575 absorbed)
    256634 (418721 absorbed)

Basically the difference between half dead and fully dead.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-12-19 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Screenshot was made after the wipe. Unfortunately there are no logs. But I had 2-3 stacks which is no problem. He always hits like this with or without stacks.
    Why did you have 2-3 stacks of that debuff in the first place?
    Clearly a learn to play issue right there!
    j/k

10+ Year Old Account
    This was meant as a joke. No reason to rip me apart like that. Of course it's not Blizzard's fault I just find it interesting that a boss that is supposed to be "less spikey" can instagib like that.

I have a full mastery gear in my bank I just never feel the need to actually use it.

Deleted
    I see the need of jokes when you have mastery gear in your bank while wiping on this boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I see the need of jokes when you have mastery gear in your bank while wiping on this boss.
    Because I died. Once.

Pretty sure that means they narrow their range of auto attack damage, has nothing to do with their abilities doing damage.

Can I attempt to tank Kilruk in moonkin form and complain he's still too spiky ? :P
    (I feel compelled to state that I'm joking! - pls don't rip me apart like the OP)
    Mew!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Because I died. Once.
    You died once and then rushed off to make a thread about it? That's even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You died once and then rushed off to make a thread about it? That's even worse.
    IT
    WAS
    A
    JOKE

I'm done posting here now.

You can BoP off Tenderizing Strikes.

And c'mon, Kil'ruk is a wimp. Ka'roz now, that guy hits hard:

[19:15:26.815] Quotey gains Re-Origination from Quotey
    [19:15:27.501] Ka'roz the Locust hits Quotey 471504 (O: 137780, A: 641079)
    [19:15:27.645] Quotey afflicted by Endurance of Niuzao from Quotey
    [19:15:29.010] Ka'roz the Locust hits Quotey 650380 (A: 603363)

Woops!

I also found this overkill which didn't kill me or proc a cloak which is pretty strange

[19:14:43.043] Ka'roz the Locust hits Quotey Absorb (956323)
    [19:14:44.547] Ka'roz the Locust hits Quotey 410333 (A: 644394)
    [19:14:46.032] Ka'roz the Locust hits Quotey 352282 (O: 104772, A: 534520)
    [19:14:47.521] Ka'roz the Locust hits Quotey 558674 (A: 653364)
    [19:14:49.064] Ka'roz the Locust hits Quotey 498160 (A: 733780)

The hell happened there?

e: oh wait, kil'ruk is dual wield, isnt he. yeah that looks pretty intense, gonna have to tank him at some point
    Last edited by Quotey; 2013-12-20 at 07:01 PM.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer