Old Content worth Revisiting for Mounts/Pets

Hey guys, just looking for a bit of advice on what raids/dungeons are worth revisiting to farm each week/day for potential mount & pet drops.

When it comes to dungeons, I've got the White Hawkstrider and Hatchling off Kael'Thas, but i haven't got the mount off Anzu yet, so that's still on my farm list, so far though that's really the only dungeon i do daily.

With raids, I'm mostly doing AQ for the Rep now, the only item i need from there is the Pet off Viscidus, other than that, there's nothing that i need from both raids, i already have the Red Scarab.

I do Tempest keep weekly also, for the chance at Al'ar.

Onyxia offers nothing more than cash, so I'll only go after her if I'm bored, the same goes for Obsidian Sanctum now that i have the mount.

Just wondering if there's anything else that i could be farming each week? I'm farming this old content on a (Currently) 505 ilvl Monk WW/BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    UP for the blue proto drake.
    Malygos for the blue and azure drakes.
    Baron for the Deathcharger.

Edit: OS has two mounts, make sure you get both.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres the kara/BT/Naxx/MC/BWL/SCC pets you can aim for.

You can also do Malygos for the blue/azure drakes, Alysrazor for the flametalon, Stonecore/Vortex Pinnacle for the drakes, Throne of the 4 winds (If you can solo conclave, if not, well, it gets a bit more complex), Ulduar/ICC for the end mounts (Bit harder this), ect. The DS mounts are a bit out of your reach at 505 ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Cheers for the swift replies.

With the Twilight drake from OS, i wasn't really able to get it as the bubble was always popping before i was able to burst him down, is there a trick to downing him or is it just a dps check?

Do you feel i would be able to solo Alysrazor with my ilvl providing the skill was met?
    And for Blackwing Lair, how would i go about the first boss? Is it still necessary to have 2 people?

The first boss of BWL is soloable by classes who have a passive constant healing effect, ie. druid ysera's gift, mage rune of power with evocaton glyph, etc. What this does is causes all the incoming mobs to aggro onto you instead of Razorgore, preventing him from getting killed. I also did it on a blood DK in the past by dropping the MC and using rune tap every 30 seconds to get healing aggro on everything. As a monk you could probably do this with healing spheres.

As a note for Viscidus, on a caster you might struggle to get the melee requirement for the shattering.
    While haste buffs can work, I find Crate of Kidnapped Puppies to be way more reliable or consistent for that purpose.
    Also if you need frost damage, a weapon with Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force works too. A bit slow with the RNG on the proc, but its worked out for me.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-18 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30006

For Viscidus (alternatively).

Also, there's a pretty nice wowhead post, at least for mounts (probably something similar for pets but IDK):

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44151#comments:id=1819376
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I manage Viscidus just fine on my Monk, i grabbed 2 cheap maces off the Auction house (Both 1.70 attack speed) and enchanted one with elemental force, don't even need to pop Xuen or any summon trinkets, just wait till he freezes then unload all my energy and banked chi onto him.

Thank you for providing information though, it's appreciated! Going to have to try BWL a couple of times now to see if i can get the first boss down, after that the rest is a breeze.

Invincible and Mimiron's head in Ulduar - difficult to do and 1% drop rate so up to you if you want to try farming these.

Drake from Malygos in EoE for both Blue and Azure Drakes (Blue also drops in Oculus I think but the Azure is unique and actually pretty sexy). This is actually pretty easy to solo as most classes, just need to get the hang of the drake mounts at the end (there's a daily outside the instance that you can practice on, I think people recommend 112112112 but I personally prefer 11121112 if I remember right - stack the debuff without running out of energy is the key).

There's quite a few in Cata if you don't have them - notably the drakes in Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle. Also 1% drop rate but they're easy to solo now (well Stonecore is, haven't tried VP) and you can do it on NM and just keep resetting the dungeon to do it like 5 times every few hours if you want. It's faster than you think. And the drakes are pretty sexy.

ZA and ZG have the bear (just beat the timer) and tiger/raptor (low drop rate). Haven't tried farming them recently, depending on class shouldn't be too hard for the raptor but I think Mandokir's execute ability might make soloing impossible or very difficult.

Al'akir also drops one but it's a bitch to get past Conclave to get to him. There's a few mounts in FL but unless you're a dedicated soloer it'd be difficult to farm them. Ditto the ones in DS.

And yeah don't forget Utgarde Pinnacle and Stratholme.

P.S. If you want a full mount list go to armory -> pets & mounts -> mounts -> not collected -> advanced filters -> check "drop". Also there's addons to track it ingame such as Collectinator, but last I used that the interface had room for improvement. Would love it if someone made one with the same interface as Ackis Recipe List.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    The first boss of BWL is soloable by classes who have a passive constant healing effect, ie. druid ysera's gift, mage rune of power with evocaton glyph, etc. What this does is causes all the incoming mobs to aggro onto you instead of Razorgore, preventing him from getting killed. I also did it on a blood DK in the past by dropping the MC and using rune tap every 30 seconds to get healing aggro on everything. As a monk you could probably do this with healing spheres.
    You can do it on any class, the mobs will target you. However the confusing thing is that the MC/vehicle thing is buggy, IIRC you don't want to let it expire naturally - when it has a few seconds left you right click on the portrait and exit vehicle (or whatever it's called) to properly release the boss. If you let the timer run out or click the X button I think it bugs and the mobs target him instead of you (mostly).
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-12-19 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Both ZG mounts should be trivial to farm on a ~505 monk. Mandokir doesn't decapitate if you're solo anymore so he is just a tank and spank. Priestess's cats give vengeance so a tank spec can kill her more quickly.

Conclave / Al'akir won't be doable. You need at a bare minimum about 540 ilevel to do it on a rogue, ~550 for a mage, and ~560 for a moonkin.

Stonecore / VP are trivial and can be done in greens.

ZA bear is trivial and can be done at your ilevel.

Malygos was doable at 85 and is trivial at 90.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2013-12-19 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    Elegon can be 3 manned on normal mode for the astral cloud serpent (I imagine 2 man could work with mega gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ZA and ZG have the bear (just beat the timer) and tiger/raptor (low drop rate). Haven't tried farming them recently, depending on class shouldn't be too hard for the raptor but I think Mandokir's execute ability might make soloing impossible or very difficult.

Al'akir also drops one but it's a bitch to get past Conclave to get to him. There's a few mounts in FL but unless you're a dedicated soloer it'd be difficult to farm them. Ditto the ones in DS.
    Mandokir's execute doesn't hit his main target now, so you can safely kill it on any character as long as you are the one with aggro on the boss. I used to have to drop a Snake trap on the boss to keep the boss occupied until I got ressed. The panther boss is another easy solo.

Alysrazor is quite an easy solo for a ranged character, depending on how well you handle the flying. If you've got a class that scales really well with Haste, you're pretty much golden. Conclave is a pain in the ass to solo and I've only done it once so far, had too much issues with the last boss despawning while in the air. Got the Ragnaros mount during Cata (when it was bugged with a 100% drop chance on normal for a few days) so don't have any input for that one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vortex Pinnacle is very easy to solo at level 90. No need to do heroic. About 2100 rep per run if you have a tabard, 30 Volatile Air, greens/Darksky Treads/Rainsong, takes 15-17 minutes, or less if you're speedy. The mount drops off Altairus at around 1%.

Not sure what to do about ZA's bear boss. (But I haven't looked on the interwebs for hints.) Most of ZA is straightforward to solo at 500-ish as long as you have adequate self heals. It's easy enough to go in there and kill 3 bosses for your 24 slot bag anyway.

Cheers for the hefty amount of replies guys, all your information is greatly appreciated and will be put to use!