Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry What is, no.. Where did it go? It's so sweet looking and all, why they take it away?

Look how beautiful that thing in the middle is, why did they remove it?
    WHAT IS IT!?

10+ Year Old Account
    A messed up banana, with 4 black dots, and a golden serpent in the middle.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

The original Chi mechanic for monks i believe, pretty sure they used to have both light and dark chi plus energy but it was removed because it wast stupid and a pain in the ass to manage.

If think it was the original idea they had for Chi. There was dark and light chi each going to their seperate sides.
    I suppose managing it was too difficult.

That is indeed the original UI for light and dark chi, the screenshot is from the MoP playable area at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    The original Chi mechanic for monks i believe, pretty sure they used to have both light and dark chi plus energy but it was removed because it wast stupid and a pain in the ass to manage.
    You just described druid eclipse.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Basically everyone hates the druid eclipse bar though. Or they used to, I've not played it since shortly after it came out and everyone moaned, I don't know if it's been improved since.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Oh God this reminds me of when they initially had the idea of not even giving Monks an auto attack.

Well as i remember you were supposed to have both light and dark chi and use them at the same time for different abilities, rather than eclipse where you're only in either state at one time, making it a lot harder to keep track of.

Well as i remember you were supposed to have both light and dark chi and use them at the same time for different abilities, rather than eclipse where you're only in either state at one time, making it a lot harder to keep track of.
    Yeah, it was more like DK runes, with only 2 types, and energy - opposite of runic power.

But I think it can be done with the help of addons. For example, first 2 Chi will count as Light Chi (visually only, of course), and the last two - as Dark Chi, signaling you somewhat that you are almost full. And the +1 chi from monk talent could be added to the center, and be even more distinct. Like, when you see it, it means you just can't take anymore, time to spend some.
    Hm, what a great idea for an addon..

The panda's kept tripping up over them.

Which is exactly why I never play balance. Each time I try...lasts about 1 hour tops. Fuck that mechanic.

Exactly the problem.
    I have no doubt someone could replicate something similar, perhaps with the serpent in the middle glowing at full Chi.
    If I had better images of the original, then it might be worth me playing with that.
    Perhaps in WeakAuras.

Edit: Better image.
    My graphics skills aren't up to much, but if anyone could have a play and see what they come up with.

The description in the first image describes it pretty well.
    While other classes currently have two resources, they at least to my understanding tend to be either a generator or a consumer of those resources.
    The issue there seemed to be the generation of two resources, and spending of two.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-18 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was an attempt to model yin-yang duality in the form of a resource, which is a great idea omn paper, but it must have been too cumbersome and complicated to use...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    New Dances!

Blizzard are well known for throwing red herrings or ideas and then scrapping them in the 11th hour.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    New Dances!

Blizzard are well known for throwing red herrings or ideas and then scrapping them in the 11th hour.
    They scrapped the dark and light chi pretty early into development, if I recall correctly.

I'm also fairly sure you're not using "red herring" here correctly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The druid eclipse bar was not points, but a progression (you were either on one end of the bar or not, and played accordingly).
    Also, druids' ecplise mechanism only allowed once of either sides to be in effect at any given time, in contrast to the old monk chi mechanic where you had light AND dark at the same time, and used them as a resource.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They scrapped the dark and light chi pretty early into development, if I recall correctly.

I'm also fairly sure you're not using "red herring" here correctly.
    Well a red herring is a misleading idea or concept, which the dance studio was, misleading in the sense of throwing something at us we asked for and thought we'd get, only to have them change mind or not having ever intended to do it at all.
    #boycottchina

I consider a red herring to be intentionally misleading.
    Now it is a matter of opinion whether the dance studio was ever serious or a blizzard joke.
    Until we can be sure it was never serious then I am not sure I would call it a red herring.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dance studio wasn't a red herring, it was a design idea they later shelved/scrapped, same with path of the titans. You could consider the the dance studio showing up in the garrison as a red herring, something we're supposed to see and get our hopes up about it being put in game, sort of an in joke. We know it won't be put in game .. but maybe, just maybe ...