Thread: Hunter Buff

Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter Buff

    WHY.....why would they buff hunters? the amount of kfc's youre running into is already fkn ridiculous

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Tarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    WHY.....why would they buff hunters? the amount of kfc's youre running into is already fkn ridiculous
    Yeah I saw this and immediately I'm wondering what the heck Blizzard were thinking, Hunters already pull great DPS in PvE, and are at the top end of PvP. Why buff them more? Gonna level my hunter to 90 and gear her.
    Playing: WoW (10/14HC), BF3
    PC: i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz // 2x GTX 780 // 16GB DDR3 // 750GB Samsung 840 EVO // 3x 27" 1440p
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it. - H. Ford

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Hunters already pull great DPS in PvE
    It's pretty obvious that they didn't. All of the buffs were PvE tuning, not bad pvp balancing.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Hunters already pull great DPS in PvE
    hahaha... good one....

  5. #5
    Can't wait until they nerf SW: P by another 20%

    Because spriests are out of control

  6. #6
    Buff hunters

    Yeah, blizzard cares about pvp...

    not

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Hunters already pull great DPS in PvE
    To expand on what others said - they don't scale well so fell behind as people went 560-570+ geared. In lower gear they're fantastic, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    To expand on what others said - they don't scale well so fell behind as people went 560-570+ geared. In lower gear they're fantastic, yes.
    What he's REALLY saying is "that one hunter I know/ran with in LFR was at the top of the metres!"

    It's all anecdotal evidence. It's a wonder Blizzard has the patience to sift through millions and millions of shit posts to find actual feedback.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  9. #9
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,177
    I'm glad I'm only doing PvE atm, this and the other buffs clearly show they couldn't give a flying crap about PvP. Could've at least made it in PvE only..

    GJ Blizzard, once again...

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Consuela the Spanish Maid
    no... no...
    I agree Consuela.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Daieon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    421
    The PvP community are worse than god damn mages. You get everything you want, but the second something is touched afterwards trying to help us PvE folks you guys bitch and whine. WoW is better known for it's PvE, so imho Fuck all you folks in PvP saying this kills balance. PvE is so unbalanced right now it's stupid.

    Anyone that plays their class well can out do a hunter on any encounter. It's no competition, and we are usually middle of the pack being unimpressive. What I don't get is how you picked out hunters solely when DK's got a hefty buff to both DPS specs like we did. I have a feeling someone has no idea how to handle hunters at all in PvP and gets shit on, and is now crying because they'll just die faster.
    Last edited by Daieon; 2014-01-07 at 01:17 PM.
    Violence is like duct tape, if it doesn't work the first time, use more.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    The PvP community are worse than god damn mages. You get everything you want, but the second something is touched afterwards trying to help us PvE folks you guys bitch and whine. WoW is better known for it's PvE, so imho Fuck all you folks in PvP saying this kills balance. PvE is so unbalanced right now it's stupid.
    Having done both PvE and PvP, I don't get that sentiment, since when has the PvP community gotten "everything they want"? That's just absurd.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    WHY.....why would they buff hunters? the amount of kfc's youre running into is already fkn ridiculous
    I sent Holinka an email to let him know that I was coming back to wow and I was playing a hunter.Great having friends in high places /trollface

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Daieon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    421
    The PvP community is essentially 70% of the focus when Blizzard goes and "balances" things. "Everything you want" was probably not the right wording, but being on the front burner for just about everything when it comes to class balance is really shitty for us in PvE.
    Violence is like duct tape, if it doesn't work the first time, use more.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Yeah I saw this and immediately I'm wondering what the heck Blizzard were thinking, Hunters already pull great DPS in PvE, and are at the top end of PvP. Why buff them more? Gonna level my hunter to 90 and gear her.
    Yea you're definitely not in touch with the current state of PvE Hunters.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    The PvP community is essentially 70% of the focus when Blizzard goes and "balances" things. "Everything you want" was probably not the right wording, but being on the front burner for just about everything when it comes to class balance is really shitty for us in PvE.
    I hear what you're saying. But it doesn't make sense because of that statement. Have you been categorically noting each and every buff/nerf during the whole of MoP and seeing where the "focus" is? Some how, I think not.

    Look, I'm not saying PvE hunters at the top .2% of gear levels didn't need a boost to keep up with other specs geared in the top .2% but hurting balance at a gear level that many times the amount of people wear is silly.

    Basically, the few thousand hunters in 570+ ilvl are doing "only" 550k DPS, while the few thousand mages and locks in 570+ are doing 600k. So let's hurt the balance of hundreds of thousands or millions.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-01-07 at 01:30 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Tarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Yea you're definitely not in touch with the current state of PvE Hunters.
    Maybe all the hunters you know just suck?

    Maybe if you don't understand the impact of this in PvP you're definitely not in touch with the current state of PvP Hunters...
    Playing: WoW (10/14HC), BF3
    PC: i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz // 2x GTX 780 // 16GB DDR3 // 750GB Samsung 840 EVO // 3x 27" 1440p
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it. - H. Ford

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    The PvP community is essentially 70% of the focus when Blizzard goes and "balances" things. "Everything you want" was probably not the right wording, but being on the front burner for just about everything when it comes to class balance is really shitty for us in PvE.
    well I guess they decided to ignore this percentage you say there and put 100% away from PVP this time my friend, cause really... buff hunters?

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Maybe all the hunters you know just suck?

    Maybe if you don't understand the impact of this in PvP you're definitely not in touch with the current state of PvP Hunters...
    PvP should be an afterthought always.
    Hate people who read https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ and immediately think they're debate kings.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,247
    Because DPS this far into the tier matters HUEHUEUHEHHUEHEUEH

    Really don't get blizzard's reasoning for this, holy shit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •