Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    A dps can kill my healer yet I can not kill a dps as a healer, obviously dps are op and my healer needs a buff.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    A dps can kill my healer yet I can not kill a dps as a healer, obviously dps are op and my healer needs a buff.
    You play a monk if i'm not mistaken

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    You play a monk if i'm not mistaken
    Shhhh, no one else needs to know that!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You do know your 2 is contradicting your 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks I havent had that tired response yet. I think I got "dont nerf me bro" bingo.
    No, im just saying that healers only have instant casts to heal themselves/party (especially in BG). If you are talking about 1v1, then yeah, you are right, most of the times we can out-heal the DPS but you can always blow off your cd to kill a healer, not that hard tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already nerfed healers, if you look in your general tab of your spellbook you have a passive ability called battle fatigue which reduces healing done to targets by 55% >.<

Also yeh some classes are impossible for healers to kill solo, i know i have trouble with any class that can heal :/

Ugh, no sweetheart.

When you can in a row do: Charge->Intercept->Heroic Leap->Charge->Shockwave->interrupt->Stun again->Fear and then rinse and repeat, we NEED to be able to outheal your dps at all times. Enough running around and being unccable is enough.
    You need pure numbers against you to be dealt with (which is not the case anyway).
    Last edited by Well; 2013-12-19 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    ^this

Remember back to where warriors and rogues and mages had like no healing abilities, and druids had to shapeshift out of kittypurr-purr to get any decent healing? Do you want to bring back that as well? I, as a healer, do not get any bonus to my damage with PvP-Power. But, those with heals (shammy, druid, priest..) but play as DPS gets a bonus to both healing and damage? Madness, madness I tell ya'.

"Noo, I can't solo kill this pally, give me more power!" Boost inc "Nerf healing, I still can't kill it!" .. Healing nerf! "Nerf damage, healers die to easily!" .. Damaged nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not only healers, it's a mixture of things that needs to be toned down.

You can't nerf healers without nerfing stuff like rogue/mage or mage/warrior globalling someone in the opener.
    You can't nerf healers if warriors can't be peeled and have 6 ways to stop a cast.
    You can't nerf healers if certain dps specs have good self healing and others have not.
    You can't nerf healers when certain specs sit in permanent defensive stance with little to no consequences and other classes can't.
    You can't nerf healers when there is shit like subterfuge in the game.
    You can't nerf healers when resto druid can turn into tripple dps all of a sudden.
    etc etc ...

I personally would like to see that they remove the auto healing stuff like healing stream, the monk statue, the resto mushrooms, the hpriest lightwell, ... are removed from pvp, along with any healing ability from pure dps specs (second wind, conversion, ember tap, temp shield, spirit bond, etc etc) and nerf the healing from hybrids (increase mana cost with decreased output).

If you as a dps player need heals, your healer would have to actually cast those heals (be it instant or an actually cast), not some statue or some personal passive talent. In certain comps you now have the feeling that you need to kill a player 4 times before he is actually dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I personally would like to see that they remove the auto healing stuff like healing stream, the monk statue, the resto mushrooms, the hpriest lightwell, ... are removed from pvp, along with any healing ability from pure dps specs (second wind, conversion, ember tap, temp shield, spirit bond, etc etc) and nerf the healing from hybrids (increase mana cost with decreased output).

If you as a dps player need heals, your healer would have to actually cast those heals (be it instant or an actually cast), not some statue or some personal passive talent. In certain comps you now have the feeling that you need to kill a player 4 times before he is actually dead.
    Monk Statue does not auto heal, you actually have to do things to get it to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    healing is damn hard in pvp, your playstyle is reactive, you have to have the absolute perfect response to enemy actions, or else you let your team down, whereas dps is proactive, you decide the plays to make, you can go into a fight with a good gameplan off the bat.

theres a pretty much standard dps rotation on what you do to damage your enemy, there is no such luxury in the healers prime aresenal except several different heals, all of which have a specific uses for specific events, which need to match the amount of pressure the enemy exerts.

as a pvp healer, i want my healing to matter as much, (as well as my healing output to match), the amount of effort im putting in.

The basic philosophy diference between a proactive and reactive role is so great, you can't possibly begin to fathom how important it is for our output to mtch our efforts. You go in with a basic 'Take that, and that, have one of those, heres a stun, have some cc, heres my cd, suck it bithc' while every healer everywhere forever goes in thinking 'oh shit, oh shit, OH SHIT!, oh shit, OH HOLY SHIT!, oh shit, oh shit' .... from the start of the fight to the end.

TLDR: its a tough job, its mostly not fun, if the output doesnt match the input, noone will ever play healers and pvp will be 1 dimensional'
    Last edited by steristumpie; 2013-12-19 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    I find healing under powered, I have a problem with disc shields though.

As a Healer, I love the situation we're in.

I was stuck outside Dragon Soul just yesterday, waiting to boost a friend, and 4 Alliance came and attacked me. After ~2 minutes they gave up and walked away. I love the idea that they're hanging their heads in shame and disappointment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post

I was stuck outside Dragon Soul just yesterday, waiting to boost a friend, and 4 Alliance came and attacked me. After ~2 minutes they gave up and walked away. I love the idea that they're hanging their heads in shame and disappointment.
    I literally just roll out of those fights:}. In those types of encounters people are thinking we would be easy kills.

Healers don't cast because certain classes have like 9 different ways to interrupts, so I couldn't really blame them being balanced around strong non-casted healing. Also if healers didn't have really strong heals, they couldn't keep up with the mongo mage/warrior burst going round atm. Nerfing healers would make the stupid classes even more dumb, so fix the environment where over the top healing is needed, then bring healers back in line.

You do know your 2 is contradicting your 1.
    No, it doesn't. Everyone should [and does] die from making mistakes.

If you make mistakes a team will kill you. A healer making mistakes when someone trying to kill them is also making mistakes (such as yourself I imagine) should not instantly grant a kill because they're a Healer.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-12-19 at 12:20 PM.

I prefer a BUFF DPS'ers...

But the mediocrity can't be avoided.

Deleted

And that isnt a problem for you? simply standing there and out healing a 4man gank attempt? Sure sounds like healers are balanced to me -_-

But seriously, unless the dps are in blues or lower any 4 man team following a pve rotation should kill a single player because the damage should simply be to high, if it is not and you can out heal it with ease something needs to be done.

I literally just roll out of those fights:}. In those types of encounters people are thinking we would be easy kills.
    Is acceptable because you should be able to do enough to escape. Not tank it and wait for them to give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Is acceptable because you should be able to do enough to escape. Not tank it and wait for them to give up.
    He was using a world pvp example where there is no battle fatigue nor any ilvl restrictions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    He was using a world pvp example where there is no battle fatigue nor any ilvl restrictions.
    Irrelevant.

When you Zenga, think of a 4v1 what would you expect to be a fair outcome? For the 1 to stand still healing until they get bored, or for the 4 to eventually push him over?

As i quoted, i can completely understand doing enough to escape sure, but to tank it? naah.

battle fatigue doesn't work right in the world fyi

- - - Updated - - -

And yet we had non OP healers for 6 years and no lack of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes watch those streams, and what do you see, no pressure at all if the healer isnt in a CC as the healer easily takes care of the damage done by 2 dps. Yes it's not PVE, but that doesn't mean it has to be nothing but Stun and Gun, which you seem to be whining about when you bring up your survivability. Yet don't realize it's the necessary counter to this ultra high healing throughput.

And the "it's PVE's fault" argument is sad and tired at this point. Cooldowns can easily be adjusted only for PVP. This is a post C Smash nerf world, stop using Vanilla arguments.
    you are watching the wrong streams then or really believe that things should die with a healer free casting then that is a big "really?!?!", and yes it is "pve's fault" because that is how the classes / content are designed currently, revolving around cds