Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thasta View Post
    With the exception of mistweaver monks, my experience with healers has been very different. Most healers are unable to survive being trained by 2 dps unless peeled by teammates. Some classes can almost solo healers(rogue, mage, warrior), and with the right coordination any healer can die to a good swap from any 2 dps. If you're having trouble killing healers your spec or comp is probably underpowered, healers are very killable right now
    this sums it up pretty nicely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    DPS while walking and healing while walking are two entirely different things, DPS being able to cast while moving and not caring about mana (which both should have some place in the game) does not mean that healers should be except from both.
    Sorry to say, but this is EXACTLY what it means. It is ONLY because dps can sit on a healer all the time while dps'ing and cc'ing/interrupting, that healers need the ability to cast instant heals and cc's. If you lowered dps uptime and cc/interrupt, then you could lower the amount instant casts of healers - and vice versa of course. If you take away these ability from only one of the roles, then the other role would become OP and you might as well remove the under powered role from the game.

It is a vicious circle of an ongoing arms race...

Im sorry, but your idea of what a healer should or shouldnt be able to do doesnt fit the current meta.
    Since you play a warrior, how exactly are we supposed to live against 1(let alone 2) dps with your 2 charges, 2 possile stuns, 2 interrupts, reflects, pushbacks ect. Not to mention what the other dps and healer are doing to you. As is dmg can be pretty ridiculous in arena, so healers cant take a nerf without fucking the meta.
    that being said, 1 dps vs 1 healer situations shouldnt end with the dps winning.

all that aside, considering how gross warriors are in pvp, i think its silly that a warrior is calling for nerfs on healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Also I don't know if it's just me, but I notice that (enemy) healers tend to make the most mistakes in arenas.
    This is just another sign that they are OP. They make clearly identifiable mistakes at a certain rating, and yet they are STILL THERE, at a rating where they shouldn't be if they do so many mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Im sorry, but your idea of what a healer should or shouldnt be able to do doesnt fit the current meta.
    Since you play a warrior, how exactly are we supposed to live against 1(let alone 2) dps with your 2 charges, 2 possile stuns, 2 interrupts, reflects, pushbacks ect. Not to mention what the other dps and healer are doing to you. As is dmg can be pretty ridiculous in arena, so healers cant take a nerf without fucking the meta.
    that being said, 1 dps vs 1 healer situations shouldnt end with the dps winning.

all that aside, considering how gross warriors are in pvp, i think its silly that a warrior is calling for nerfs on healers.
    Lets see:
    1. Makes a retarded argument about the meta game throwing out any discussion that the meta game is as bad as it is because of healers.
    2. Makes a retarded argument listing random abilities as if that means anything.
    3. Makes a retarded argument because of the class I play and it's position in arena which has nothing to do with the topic on hand.

Yep you hit the retard trifecta. You are dying to instant CC and stacked burst cooldowns, which have be in there because Healing is so past the point of logic that you won't be able to kill anyone without them. 1 Healer puts out more throughput then 2 dps. That is overpowered, that is a major problem that has destroyed the meta game.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-12-21 at 09:16 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    This is just another sign that they are OP. They make clearly identifiable mistakes at a certain rating, and yet they are STILL THERE, at a rating where they shouldn't be if they do so many mistakes.
    No part of your reasoning supports that claim. Ratings roughly represent a healer's competence relative to other healers (although there are many other factors) and says nothing of healers' strength as a role. If healers collectively make more mistakes than dps players, it either means that healing is a more difficult role or that it attracts less skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamocca View Post
    Sorry to say, but this is EXACTLY what it means. It is ONLY because dps can sit on a healer all the time while dps'ing and cc'ing/interrupting, that healers need the ability to cast instant heals and cc's. If you lowered dps uptime and cc/interrupt, then you could lower the amount instant casts of healers - and vice versa of course. If you take away these ability from only one of the roles, then the other role would become OP and you might as well remove the under powered role from the game.
    Fair, but to take away movement while casting/DPS instants, you should also look way more importantly into taking away melee gap closers and up to 3 interrupts on one class, all separate CD's.

Agreed wholeheartedly. People gripe about crowd control a lot, and it is out of control (pun intended) but I think healing is far worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason my hpriest friend dies to other WW monks, rogues and DKs. I don't get how though.

Most annoying healers to face IMO are rshams, hpriests, mw monks, hpals and rdruids... basically every healer out there :/

Rshams do not have to cast ever. Their unleash elements riptide and earth shield outheals all of my damage. And when things get clunky, they just slow me and run away. Hpriests have their stupid lightwell, which I of course kill, but it's still brutal. MW Monks literally spam the crap out of their healing spheres. Can't blame them at all because their casted healing is worse than them spamming orbs. Hpals can proc back to back 70k heals. Again, can't blame them because their 2 sec cast heal heals for 40-50k. Rdruids I just don't get. Their hots outheal eveything and their regrowth is literally the strongest "flash heal" out there, critting 60k-70k everytime. Also cenarian ward is actually retarded. 30 second CD that heals roughly 150k~ IF NOT MORE over like 10 seconds. USEABLE WHILE KICKED AND SILENCED.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    For some reason my hpriest friend dies to other WW monks, rogues and DKs. I don't get how though.

Most annoying healers to face IMO are rshams, hpriests, mw monks, hpals and rdruids... basically every healer out there :/

Rshams do not have to cast ever. Their unleash elements riptide and earth shield outheals all of my damage. And when things get clunky, they just slow me and run away. Hpriests have their stupid lightwell, which I of course kill, but it's still brutal. MW Monks literally spam the crap out of their healing spheres. Can't blame them at all because their casted healing is worse than them spamming orbs. Hpals can proc back to back 70k heals. Again, can't blame them because their 2 sec cast heal heals for 40-50k. Rdruids I just don't get. Their hots outheal eveything and their regrowth is literally the strongest "flash heal" out there, critting 60k-70k everytime. Also cenarian ward is actually retarded. 30 second CD that heals roughly 150k~ IF NOT MORE over like 10 seconds. USEABLE WHILE KICKED AND SILENCED.
    Um yeah the fact you think a resto druids hots outheal everything and cenarion ward heals for 150k proves what an absolute retard you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post

If that is so, i am a ret pala and i want healers to be nerfed, is it silly now perhaps?

I don't think half of you guys understand what the OP is actually saying.

He doesn't like having to rely on retarded swifty macros to kill healers, frankly I don't either. I want a PvP game where I can use more of a planned controlled set up to kill, or be able to oom the healer. The healer should be able to live through mindless trains, but not live through controlled set ups that isn't based around stacking 500cds. Healers should NEVER be able to out heal 2 dps that are decent dps. As is stands right now, on my shammy or my mnk 2 dps.. unless they are pvp heroes are not going to kill me, not even close with out swiftying. If its world pvp, you can forget about it I'm not going to die.. ever. I don't think everyone needs 50 instant CCs or the ability to stay on target 90% of the time. I think the main problem we have is pvp abilities with out pve counterparts and to many abilities to be able to use. Back in old pvp days it was still unbalanced we have only a few actual moves we could do, so killing a healer or another dps meant we had to do something besides hit a swifty macro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thasta View Post
    With the exception of mistweaver monks, my experience with healers has been very different. Most healers are unable to survive being trained by 2 dps unless peeled by teammates. Some classes can almost solo healers(rogue, mage, warrior), and with the right coordination any healer can die to a good swap from any 2 dps. If you're having trouble killing healers your spec or comp is probably underpowered, healers are very killable right now
    This. Please stop crying over how overpowered healers are and spend that time learning to play instead.

Deleted
    Oh, so you play a warrior and healers are the problem? Your class is the problem.

Instants: Nobody can cast because of classes like warrior that can you complete lock you out. We CAN'T cast, deal with it. Oh, you're mad that you can't interrupt with your pummel and aoe interrupt. Don't worry! Blizzard made it easy for players like you! Just spec double charge, use fear and if it's not enough, just spec 2 stuns, while tunneling the target and making unhealable dmg. If your teammates are so brainless stupid that they can't even interrupt healers because they have to cast when a warrior is tunneling their cloth squishy partner, just get Grievous weapon. You can make it man.

CC: Oh god people actually have to CC to kill something. Well okay.

So, there's something for you OP: Game is in a really bad state right now and it's not because of instants, it's not because if interrupts. It's a circle. There are instant casts because there are interrupts and there are peels and CC because of high melee/caster dmg. You can't remove just one of them, or you make PvP even worse (if it's even possible) than it is right now.

P.S.: Since you have no idea how PvP works, please don't try to "fix" it.
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2013-12-22 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue with healers isn`t that they can heal from 20% to 100% in a second, but rather that healers dont oom anymore, before i always used to pay attention to their mana bar to see when they had low mana, so that i could plan my kill rather than just pop 50 cd`s and smash my face in the keyboard

No need to nerf Healers just make BG's and arenas DPS only.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I don't know if I am going off topic, but my impression is that it is extremely easier to master a DPS role than a healer role.

I've partnered up with great DPS players randomly looking in trade, but it's 10 times harder to find a decent healer.
    Also I don't know if it's just me, but I notice that (enemy) healers tend to make the most mistakes in arenas.

Could it be that either healers are hard to master, or healers don't appeal to a wide audience that blizzard is FORCED to make them overpowered just to get the game going?
    Actually its the other way around. dps in pvp is not about one button smash, you have to cc and use alot of abilities to be a good dps. If I compare my arms warrior to my mw healer I actually think warrior is harder to be good at than the mw monk, and arms warrior is by far not the hardest class to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I would honestly love this but it definitely isn't ever going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have with healers is the fact that they can play horribly and get away with playing somewhat effectively. If you're a dps, you cannot play horribly and expect to kill anything. Even mindless classes like Warriors and DK's cannot play horribly or else they won't kill anything and be completely useless. But a bad healer that knows the basics on how to survive can survive with ease against an average player trying to kill them. Healing requires the lowest skill floor in the game but has the highest skill cap. (which is weird)

It's always been like this and every time the issue is brought up, people always accuse the dps player that "he's bad" while at the same time attacking whatever class he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    so bgs filled with only good solo classes, sounds almost awesome...but not really.

many specs rely on support to be effective and are very inefficient as the solo rambo player.