Deleted

Need some help with a new build :).

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this website and really looking foreward to learn everything needed to make proper compatible builds.

But for now, i'll need your help for a gaming rig that i imagined after a few hours of research. And i'll need your advices and thoughts on how to improve this build for the same budget.

Budget : 1000€
    Resolution : 1920x1080
    Games / settings desired : I play mainly world of warcraft which i want to play on Ultra settings and never drop under 30fps in a 25man raid. But i also want this computer to handle new games like crysis 3, battlefield 4... on high - ultra settings with a decent fps rate.
    Special things i'll do : I'm going to stream ( mostly wow/heartstone ) - and i'll may want to overclock at some point.
    Do you need an OS : Yes , windows 8.1
    Do you need peripherals : No

Here's the build in thought about :

CPU : Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    MOBO : Asus H87I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage : Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (where i'll install windows and WoW )
    Storage 2 : Western Digital Blue - 500GB Desktop SATA Hard Drive 7200rpm
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card
    Case : BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case
    Power supply : Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

It costs roughly 1000€ on amazon [EU] but i'd like to buy Windows 8.1 and a DVD player whitout raising my budget.

P.s : If i forgot to mention anything, feel free to ask, and sorry if i misused some technical words ( i'm not very good in english and kinda bad when it comes to build a PC ).

Thanks for your help !

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B 45.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€40.01 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€119.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: GeIL EVO VELOCE 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (€66.90 @ Caseking)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (€75.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€53.06 @ Pixmania DE)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card (€189.90 @ Caseking)
    Case: BitFenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case (€11.90 @ Caseking)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€96.13 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer (€15.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (€87.90 @ Caseking)
    Other: I5-4670k (€199.90)
    Total: €957.09
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-29 15:28 CET+0100)

The Windows 7 in there is a placeholder, as Win8.1 is the same price from Caseking.de. I've gone for the 7870XT, but you should conceivably be able to fit in that 7950 at under €1000.

Deleted
    Hey, thanks for your quick reply.

You did an amazing job gathering the best prices !

I found the 7950 for 206€ so it fits perfectly under my 1000€ budget.

Do you think this new build will fit my games/settings requirements ?

I'll wait a little to see if i can get more ideas.

Deleted
    It'll play most games on high, with a typical minimum of 30FPS in non-MMO games; MMOs are highly-CPU dependent, but you'll dip with all the bells and whistles on. You should be fine if you turn Shadows down or off.

Deleted
    Alright, thank you for the help.

If no one comes with other ideas, i'll go for this build .

Happy new year btw.

I think it all looks pretty solid, just a few MINOR things I might change:

1. I don't know that cooler, and this one is both a little cheaper and the go-to one for air coolers in that price range: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0068OI7T8/?tag=pcp05-21
    2. If you don't plan to overclock anytime soon (or at all), you might prefer to save money and stick with the stock HSF for now, if it means upgrading to something better in another category.
    3. I don't know that case brand, and I'm admittedly leery on a case that runs so cheaply (price-wise).

By the way, since you mentioned 8.1: http://www.amazon.de/Windows-8-1-Vol...ds=Windows+8.1

I don't speak that language (German?), but I'm pretty sure that's the right version (unless you want Pro).

End of the day. I'm about to do some upgrades, and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the same CPU, motherboard, and HDD as that, and the rest looks solid (not my personal RAM/SSD preferences, but it'll be OK).

Deleted
    1. Thanks for the info, i'll think of it

2. i'll overclock, that's sure ^^.

Thank you for the link to 8.1, it's exactly what was needed.

You said that you are going to use the same CPU, mobo and HDD. Are you going to use your PC to play games ( MMO ?) on it, or something else ?
    Last edited by mmoc3306919899; 2013-12-29 at 08:40 PM.

I'm loading up on Steam games (purchased 9 so far, had 15-20 to start). I'll game and do general browser stuff. however, I'll be on a Radeon HD 5850 for the foreseeable future, and I MIGHT be sticking with my 640-GB Caviar Black. I got the CPU, board, and HDD today ($390, ugh), but my cousin (who is buying my old build off of me) said he might prefer to have a new drive over my 4-year-old Black one, so I might just have him give me the money for the Blue and continue with my current one. I won't play any MMOs in the near-future, as WoW just isn't worth $15/month most days, especially at the end of an expansion. The most hardware-intensive games I probably have are Dishonored and Metro: Last Light. I'll be putting the system together tomorrow (almost 10 PM now, and I'd rather do it at my dad's, where there's more room to work).

Personally, I'll probably overclock SOMEDAY, but I opted to wait on buying an aftermarket cooler until I do (probably in 5-6 months). I'll get birthday/graduation money then and grab a cooler and a new video card (since the 5850 will be the bottleneck, not the stock 4670K) and overclock at that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I'm loading up on Steam games (purchased 9 so far, had 15-20 to start). I'll game and do general browser stuff. however, I'll be on a Radeon HD 5850 for the foreseeable future, and I MIGHT be sticking with my 640-GB Caviar Black. I got the CPU, board, and HDD today ($390, ugh), but my cousin (who is buying my old build off of me) said he might prefer to have a new drive over my 4-year-old Black one, so I might just have him give me the money for the Blue and continue with my current one. I won't play any MMOs in the near-future, as WoW just isn't worth $15/month most days, especially at the end of an expansion. The most hardware-intensive games I probably have are Dishonored and Metro: Last Light. I'll be putting the system together tomorrow (almost 10 PM now, and I'd rather do it at my dad's, where there's more room to work).

Personally, I'll probably overclock SOMEDAY, but I opted to wait on buying an aftermarket cooler until I do (probably in 5-6 months). I'll get birthday/graduation money then and grab a cooler and a new video card (since the 5850 will be the bottleneck, not the stock 4670K) and overclock at that time.
    FWIW, my 5770/G3240 combo can play Dishonored at medium without issues, so that 5850, provided it doesn't fail, should be fine for now, given those games.