Some shaman ideas for WoD?

Hey guys. Was just thinking of a few ideas for shamans.

Most of these ideas, really all, are focused around enhancement. Some of the changes to spill over into other specs though, so I'm curious how'd you guys feel. So, without further adu, my ideas.

The first one, and most simple, is having Lava Lash simply refresh Flame Shock. With the upcoming changes to dots, they will no longer be snap shotted, and instead update dynamically. This means if you get some sort of buff or proc, the damage will update accordingly. This has some huge benefit for a lot of classes, but for shamans, it's not too big of a deal. Since dots will be updated automatically, Unleash Elements and then using Flame Shock may no longer be necessary, but applying the dot itself will always be, which helps reduce some of the ridiculous clumsiness to the current rotation. Also, if a boss has any sort of time where they cannot be hit by Lava Lash for an extended period, then reapply still works, keeping the flavor. More over, Unleash Elements can be changed to reflect this so that you still want to use Unleash Elements. Instead of increasing the fire damage of your spell, it can simply increase all fire damage by % for X amount of time. Still incredibly useful, but helping to reduce the strain of micromanaging the Flame Shock dot.

Second idea I was thinking was making Lava Lash no longer require off-hand. Now you are thinking, what the hell does that mean? It means, it will simply be based off your weapon you are currently using. In other words, if you want to duel-wield, Lava Lash would work how it does currently. If you want to use a 2 hand weapon like in the days before, Lava Lash would just take from your current 2 hand weapon. Of course, all weapon %s and scaling amount would be adjusted accordingly. "But, wait!" you might exclaim. "What about using Flame tongue weapon for Lava Lash? Wouldn't that have be baked in as well?" Well, yes. That could be the case, alternatively, we come to my 3rd idea.

Talent/passive that enables using 2 weapon enchantments while using a 2 handed weapon. This could really bring back 2 handed weapons for enhancement, and would be something I'd love to see with all the current updates to character models, as well as new spells we have gained since Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. It would also still keep Unleash Elements required in the rotation for 2 hands as well. Ideally, there should be no change in priority from dual-wielding to using a 2 handed weapon. Simply play style choice. One idea I was considering was enabling this for restoration as well, but I fear it wouldn't be of any benefit to do so, so should be kept as a enhancement only passive or talent choice. Such a talent choice would be similar to a Druid talent choice such as Heart of the Wild or Soul of the Forest. Not sure what other specs could gain to be honest.

So there my ideas. Again, look at this in terms of a nightmare to balance. We can adjust the numbers and such so that the spells to relative damage to each other.

What do you guys think?
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

1. For Enhancement Unleash Flame increases only two possible spells Flame Shock & Elemental Blast. If Flame shock would endlessly renew after hitting it with Lava Lash, Unleash Flame would basically just sit their if you don't run with Elemental Blast. You recommend that Unleash Flame be changed to a flat fire damage increase, but again doesn't make too much sense. Also the Enhance Shaman PvE rotation isn't really that difficult to follow, yet I digress.

2 & 3. No. No No No No No. Blizzard has stated numerous times that they want Enhancement to be dual wield, and that is how it is going to stay. It would be the most random thing if Blizzard suddenly went back on this, and allowed for 2 - Handed Weapons again. Both in PvE & PvP Enhancement is in a really good place. And they can use some changes outside of this.

- For instance: In PvP they could use more mobility, in terms of a gap closer, or a Enhance buff to Ghost Wolf. Or allow Maelstorm to cap at 7 or 8 stacks instead of 5, but only allow the Enhance to use 5 at a time; much like the Paladin's Boundless Conviction. Other than that, it will be interesting to see how Blizzard approaches WOD and in particular the Air Elemental Talent. So in conclusion fuck Two Handed Weapons

[QUOTE=Grummbox;24321296]1. For Enhancement Unleash Flame increases only two possible spells Flame Shock & Elemental Blast. If Flame shock would endlessly renew after hitting it with Lava Lash, Unleash Flame would basically just sit their if you don't run with Elemental Blast. You recommend that Unleash Flame be changed to a flat fire damage increase, but again doesn't make too much sense. Also the Enhance Shaman PvE rotation isn't really that difficult to follow, yet I digress.

2 & 3. No. No No No No No. Blizzard has stated numerous times that they want Enhancement to be dual wield, and that is how it is going to stay. It would be the most random thing if Blizzard suddenly went back on this, and allowed for 2 - Handed Weapons again. Both in PvE & PvP Enhancement is in a really good place. And they can use some changes outside of this.

See the end of #1 for make sure Unleash Elements is still viable.

Do you say no because of personal choice or because you want Blizzard to actually keep their word for once?

Both answers are silly. It doesn't impact how you play at all, and simply opens up for more play style.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

15+ Year Old Account
    You want 2H weapons back? You mean 2H agility maces (only usable by shamen and bear/cat druids, who by the way use polearms and staves for their 2H needs so they can share with monks) and 2H agility axes (usable by no-one else)?

Not gonna happen.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

My thought, haven't mathed it out yet (and probably won't) but a talent to allow resto shaman to put both FT and EL on a two hander would probably be manditory. Would also I would say there is probably enough competition for caster staves already. As a passive, yeah maybe but not as a talent