[Mage] Breaking Tier 16?

Hey guys usually I dont have many issues in regards to my class but a few times it has been mentioned to me in raids that Arcane mages are breaking their 4 set or tier set full stop once they reach a certain heroic progression/ gear point.

Is this accurate or is this just people suggesting a bad idea? My character profile cannot be linked as I have only just started posting on the forums.

Character: Erghast
    Spec: Arcane
    Realm: Khadgar / EU

(apologies if this thread already exists).

Quote Originally Posted by Erghast View Post
    Hey guys usually I dont have many issues in regards to my class but a few times it has been mentioned to me in raids that Arcane mages are breaking their 4 set or tier set full stop once they reach a certain heroic progression/ gear point.

Is this accurate or is this just people suggesting a bad idea? My character profile cannot be linked as I have only just started posting on the forums.

Character: Erghast
    Spec: Arcane
    Realm: Khadgar / EU

(apologies if this thread already exists).
    The last 2-3 pages (pg 127-129) of the Arcane guide should answer your question

From what I can determine from that guide, the difference is pretty small between 4pc or 2pc+HWF. It seems like the offpieces being warforged is a significant factor in making it worth while, at least for arcane.

But what about fire? I've been arcane/frost this entire patch, but it seems like since you'd be at 50+ crit% that the 4pc isn't so useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharksandwich View Post
    From what I can determine from that guide, the difference is pretty small between 4pc or 2pc+HWF. It seems like the offpieces being warforged is a significant factor in making it worth while, at least for arcane.

But what about fire? I've been arcane/frost this entire patch, but it seems like since you'd be at 50+ crit% that the 4pc isn't so useful?
    4p for fire is huge. dont ever break it.

I would love it if they switched the 2p and 4p for fire. I have to say a static haste buff has to be one of the worst end of xpack tier bonuses in a while.

2 pieces: Your Arcane Blast has a 100% chance and your Fireball, Pyroblast, Frostfire Bolt, and Frostbolt spells have a 50% chance to grant Stolen Time, increasing your haste by 50 for 30 sec and stacking up to 10 times. When Arcane Power, Combustion, or Icy Veins expires, all stacks of Stolen Time are lost.

Last expac's.

Sounds like a static haste buff to me.

they gotta be fkn drunk, doing an alter time>5x am->abar in the pull is so hillarious

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    they gotta be fkn drunk, doing an alter time>5x am->abar in the pull is so hillarious
    Tune down the language please..

At least that worked with the 4p, the 2p fire for this tier feels like it should be a 1st tier bonus when your stats are relatively low.

I don't know, I find the Haste buff to be pretty useful on Thok =P