Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just didn't want to work with this guy based on his bigoted comments. Forgiveness is not yours to give, nor did this guy ask for it.
    Pretty sure I acknowledged and okayed the networks decision in pulling the plug. It's their right of association.

Personal stance on homosexuality... what a weaselly way of putting it. If I went around saying "coons bear the mark of Cain and will not go to heaven" would that be a "personal stance on race relations"?
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt, the show isn't known for their intellectual cast of characters.
    Believe it or not, most of them went to college and have net worths over 5 million dollars. I wouldn't call them dumb, they are making a decent paycheck for doing nothing.
    Last edited by tanktank; 2013-12-19 at 06:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Beyond the Homophobia, they shouldn't of sanctioned him for doing what they knew he would do. It's not like you have to be a psychic to guess how this would play out when the topic of homosexuality was breached.
    Oh, yeah, the Interviewer at GQ baited him hard. Fortunately for that interviewer (and unfortunately for A&E) Phil Robertson is out of fucks to give if people don't agree with him. That's why he said it in the first place, and however this falls, he'll win out because he was set for life before this show ever existed.

Exactly where did he "misquote"??

The Bible's stance on homosexuality, fornication and adultery are plainly written as sin. If you don't like it I am sorry, but you can not change the Word of GOD because you don't like what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    Believe it or not, most of them went to college and have net worths over 5 million dollars. I wouldn't call them dumb, they are making a decent paycheck for doing nothing.
    Going to college or having a lot of money doesn't exactly translate into a person being smart tho!
    Sure, they aren't "stupidderp", but far from intellectual as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it funny that the PC War for Homosexuality right now is more concerned with people's thoughts than their actions. Be damned if they treat people equally, it's their private thoughts that they feel they have to change and control.

That's a bit sick in its own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNaturalX View Post
    Exactly where did he "misquote"??

The Bible's stance on homosexuality, fornication and adultery are plainly written as sin. If you don't like it I am sorry, but you can not change the Word of GOD because you don't like what it says.
    Why not? A lot of others have already taken the prerogative in doing so. Whatever biblical denomination you fall under, or if you don't fall in one at all. Mind your fucking business and don't assert one over the other.

If this is such a big deal why haven't they stopped airing hitler specials on national geographic or history channel?

Anyone who's seen this show knows there is a lot of religion thrown into it, i'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner. Also pretty sure lots of people can find all sorts of things that are offensive on tv, this didn't even happen on tv. If i'm an atheist does that mean 7th heaven never should've aired because it offends me?

Redneck christians saying an anti gay comment isn't really news imo.

I saw a gay fashion designer call the bride's dress 'too redneck' on Say Yes to the Dress.

Why wasn't he let go? How long will we let this double standard, this...this ...INJUSTICE ...stand? How long, dear god? How long?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Why not? A lot of others have already taken the prerogative in doing so. Whatever biblical denomination you fall under, or if you don't fall in one at all. Mind your #$%^& business and don't assert one over the other.
    I fall under the church of the LORD and live by his WORD. The same as Phil Robertson. Neither he, no I am forcing anyone to live anyway. They leave out the part where he said He loves all people and and does not hate. Homosexual sex is a sin, but you do not hate the sinner.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-12-19 at 03:53 PM.

I fall under the church of the LORD and live by his WORD. The same as Phil Robertson. Neither he, no I am forcing anyone to live anyway. They leave out the part where he said He loves all people and and does not hate. Homosexual sex is a sin, but you do not hate the sinner.
    You said homosexuality is a sin, you're off the show now too.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...tory?track=rss

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features

Seems to me like he misquoted a Biblical verse, stated a personal stance on homosexuality, and cited a questionable anecdote about his earlier years with blacks.

Disagreeable? Sure. Unforgivable? No.

That said, I respect A and Es decision to practice their first amendment rights along with the duck call maker family.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Will profit cause one side to cave? What will the viewers think?

Personally, I think what would be best is for him to be reinstated and see what the viewers decide via ratings.
    Guys, get this! I have a great idea.

Let's make a show about rednecks... and then we'll act super offended when they say things we'd expect rednecks to say. It'll be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    I saw a gay fashion designer call the bride's dress 'too redneck' on Say Yes to the Dress.

Why wasn't he let go? How long will we let this double standard, this...this ...INJUSTICE ...stand? How long, dear god? How long?
    You must be new. People only get pissed when it's a non/white or non christen or both.

Don't you mean you are just following a old book that a bunch of random people wrote texts in?
    I'm not saying you should but loving everyone would make you everything, including a homosexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Don't you mean you are just following a old book that a bunch of random people wrote texts in?
    I'm not saying you should but loving everyone would make you everything, including a homosexual.
    You can love someone without approving of how they live. It doesn't mean you treat them differently, but just because someone does something doesn't mean you have to tell them it's a good thing. Political Correctness is a disease of modern society.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the hell is Duck Dynasty even about, and why should we care that some drungo makes an off-color comment?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by cncrules45 View Post
    From a link in one of the links:

“But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there,” he said. “Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

I'm all for him having the right to say what he wants to say, but I'm just as much in favor of A&E of not giving him a platform for this kind of thought. If you've watched the show semi-regularly, this isn't shocking. You knew he wasn't pro-homosexuality. Phil no longer works for Duck Commander and now will no longer be on the show. Not a big story really...
    Selective quoting ... because you have something to prove.

Here is a bigger picture:
    “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he tells reporter Drew Magary. “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

He also muses rather colorfully about his own sexual orientation: “It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”
    So, he is saying, sin in general (based on his religious beliefs). He considers homosexuality, sleeping with many women, sleeping with people outside your marriage, sleeping with people casually, prostitution, being greedy, being a drunk, slandering people, swindling people ... are all not going to heaven.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to be as much gay bashing as just iterating what he sees as sins in his beliefs ... though not quite as sensational ... is it?

The he goes on to claim he doesn't get being gay, it is illogical to him, because there is a vagina ... and I catch a bit of implication that a woman also has an anus by saying ' there's more there. She has more to offer. You know what I'm saying.' I believe hinting that she has the butt, but also the vagina.

I think that just shows he doesn't comprehend that gay men are gay for more than the sex. He doesn't understand the emotional ties. Most straight men probably feel this way to some extent. I'm sure gay men don't understand completely what straight men see in women, because it isn't their thing.

I bet you this much, if a gay man was talking to him, he wouldn't be inherently disrespectful. He'd treat them like anyone else. He isn't discriminating by stating his religious views. I do think he might inquire to why or whatever, but the same as he would put forth to anyone who is different. Honesty and purity of character, even if his views don't match mine.

And I've only seen the show a couple times, I have no idea which one this guy is. But what I get from a thread on this on a site elsewhere from people who do watch the show, is he is a pretty decent human being overall. I just see the media and a activist group trying to destroy someone because the world thinks it is cool to overreact to every single thing without context and lynch mobs are as popular today as they've ever been. Overstatement and sensationalizing everything is also good for ratings because the people have become so stupid and ignorant that tabloid like crap comes off as news now, facts and truths be damned.

people are ridiculous
    Last edited by CandyCotton Marshmallows; 2013-12-19 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? A lot of others have already taken the prerogative in doing so. Whatever biblical denomination you fall under, or if you don't fall in one at all. Mind your fucking business and don't assert one over the other.
    And you think the best way to get him to agree with you is to bludgeon him? Are you one of those "tolerance is fine as long as you agree with ME" people? It seems so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    And you think the best way to get him to agree with you is to bludgeon him? Are you one of those "tolerance is fine as long as you agree with ME" people? It seems so.
    I admit I came off as a dick. In actuality, i'm a baptist.

That said, I still disagree with the idea that the bible is "concrete" and shouldn't be changed. Oh contray, it gets changed all the flipping time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What in the hell is Duck Dynasty even about, and why should we care that some drungo makes an off-color comment?
    It's a show about a family that's basically the modern day Clampetts.

They're rich enough to afford their own island (if they wanted to) but rednecky enough to blame homosexuality for Hurricane Katrina.

It's really a miracle they managed to keep a lid on that religious bigotry for 4 seasons.