Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Apple (75%) rest divided evenly between watermelon and red bull. I get the one that´s like light cigarettes, think the regular tastes funny. I buy liquids here http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/

I use the Innokin Itaste SVD

With a Kanger pro tank II

I know about 4 people who have started using vapourisers, and every single one of them no longer smokes cigarettes.

Sure There is still an addiction there, and Nicotine is not a good chemical to be putting in yourself, but when you consider you;re no longer inhaling carcinogenics and tar, the health benefits are phenomenal.
    RETH

Deleted
    Vaporizers are a god given gift if you have to smoke THC/CBD/CBN compound all day every day for pain, because at some point the smoke is going to be too much if you use the more traditional smoking devices.

Deleted
    They sell them in corner shops and supermarkets here in england, turns or it costs more than smoking so I went beck to real cigarettes. They do work though, just water and nicotine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Provari with various attachments. Sometimes I drip with an HH357. Usually I'll use a tank.

That's my main setup anyway. I have various eGos and 510 batteries for use depending on my mood or activity, and a backup mod or 2 (which I'll never need).

Really need to start getting into rebuildables. I'll pick up a Kaifun (or clone) sooner or later.

Been vaping for about 14.5 months. Haven't had a cigarette since day 2.

As for the batteries exploding: This can happen with ANY Li-ion battery if mishandled, or charged/discharged improperly. Including laptops, cell phones, etc. Never charge unattended. Always use appropriate chargers.

And for Pete's sake, don't charge in a car on a hot day!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    They sell them in corner shops and supermarkets here in england, turns or it costs more than smoking so I went beck to real cigarettes. They do work though, just water and nicotine.
    Pity. Here in the US, it's far cheaper in the long run.

So how much did you smoke before? How many cigarettes per day (then I can calculate it back to my own country in price).

And the first month or so, how much fluid and other stuff did you use (then I can check some websites how expensive it would be here).

Use various Riva/Ego batteries with smok tech single coil cartomizers, and I get my juice from virgin vapor...tried lots and lots of juice, and finally settled on Strawberry Shortcake from there. Been vaping it exclusively for about a year. I can't stand any tobacco flavors, and I can no longer stand cigarettes/the smell of cigarettes/being around them at all.

edit: to the questions above
    I buy about one 1 ounce bottle per month, which is about $25 shipped, and I get my cartomizers from Crystal Clear Vaping which has the best deal on 15 for $20. 15 cartomizers can last me anywhere from 2-4 months depending on how long I use a single one. Usually at the very least a week, and sometimes 2. When I first started, I did spend a lot of money getting samples of juice from various vendors... that can add up fast, but once you find the flavor you like and your setup it gets pretty cheap to maintain, at least for me.
    Last edited by Alyajna; 2013-12-20 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted

I use a Kanger Protank Mini II (~3 inches long, 1100mah battery adds on about 3.5). Only had it a few months but replaced rolling tobacco with it, would recommend it to anyone. I use the VG liquid over the PG, and it seems to last ages. However, this could be because I'd cut down a lot before getting the e cig. But with the price of tobacco now, this is definitely a money saver. I suppose you could get enough to get you started (tank,battery,charger,couple of e liquids) for around the cost of 2x50g pouches of tobacco. I probably get about a months worth out of 1 10ml bottle.

I haven't finished a bottle yet because I've been playing around with flavors. Yet to find a 'tobacco' one which is actually like tobacco, they try more to replicate the smell of tobaccos but imo they're not accurate. Fruity flavors from experience seem to be quite close. I got a 'Cherry Cream' one which tastes like these:

I've got a coffee one which really does taste like coffee, a banoffee one which is a bit vile, and a cinnamon one which is basically just like big red gum.

The protank is metal and glass, can be taken apart to be washed, it's easy to fill. Works as intended really, and for how long a ~£3 bottle lasts me, I can't really complain. There's tonnes of reviews of stuff out there, forums full of discussion comparing one tank to another, one brand of liquid to another. While I've never done it myself, all the ingredients to mix your own can be found online.

On ebay uk/places like home bargains you can get a cheap ce4 refillable starter kit for around £8. The build quality isn't great but I suppose it's a good thing to get if you're interested just to see how you get on.

Just noticed there's a new response above, if it helps:

So how much did you smoke before? - Probably around 5-10 a day once I'd cut down, 10-20 before that.
    And the first month or so, how much fluid and other stuff did you use - I'm pretty sure one 10ml bottle would last me AT LEAST a month. But as I've been trying various ones I can't say for sure.

The above information was with VG e liquid, had a 1.8ohm coil in there for a bit now using a 2.5ohm coil, and -I think- switching between a 3.2 and a 3.6v battery (One battery is a variable voltage one which I've been using at the lowest and middle setting, rarely the highest).

This may be useful at some point, a chart showing optimal voltage/ohm: http://i.imgur.com/njuQB.jpg

I saw €4,50 for a bottle of fluid on the first website. So roughly €9,00 for your average smoker.

Package at around €5,50 for 20cigs x 30 days = far more.
    Rolling is about €7,50 x1.5 a week or 6 of 4 weeks. = €45,- (say €50).

What else besides the original purchasing price would you need supply wise? Batteries? Charger? It is all kind of mumbo jumbo to me, all these parts. Is there not a simply schematic drawing of one of these things with all the parts listed?

Deleted
    Say if you went for the pro tank, you'd need: Pro tank, a battery, and a charger. Which adds upto somewhere around £20 here. (Depends on seller, capacity of battery, whether you want it to come from china or not). It doesn't hurt to have a spare battery on top of that. Then with all of that you just need to choose some liquid.

Plenty of websites do 'starter kits' here is an example: http://myepack.co.uk/evod-starter-kit.html £28.99 before postage. May be cheaper where you are too.

I've never ordered from them mind, it was just the first result in google. That kit there gives you:
    2 batteries, worth a few quid each.
    2 EVOD clearomisers (The EVOD name belongs to kanger, whether these ones are genuine or not I don't know but I think a genuine one is about a fiver)
    5 coils (the coil is the replaceable heating bit inside, since having my pro tank I've had to replace 1, the life of them varies) - value £5-7 per 5 I think
    1 charger (£2)
    a box

So you're paying a bit more than you would buying the parts separately, plus the extra tank isn't exactly needed imo. If you went for non branded stuff you'd pay much much less, dealextreme is worth checking out if you don't mind waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    So how much did you smoke before? How many cigarettes per day (then I can calculate it back to my own country in price).

And the first month or so, how much fluid and other stuff did you use (then I can check some websites how expensive it would be here).
    A pack and a half per day (30) habit.

My juice consumption hasn't really changed. I'll go through about 2-2.5 30ml bottles a month. Sometimes 3.

My juices average about $17 per 30 mls give or take. Cigarettes here run about $7.00 a pack. It's not even close, even if you add in accessory costs. (new atty, or cartos, etc).

Sure, the initial start cost can be steep, but it pays for itself over time.

My wife asked me just not to exceed my old smoking budget doing this. I complied. I spent LESS per week than my old budget. Over time, my savings bought me new vaping gear. I didn't spend a DIME during the spring/early summer, I was so stockpiled. Pocketed what I would have normally spent and bought a PS4 (including extra games, headphones, double charger, PSN+ subscription, etc) with the savings.

As I said: at least here in the US, over time, it's much less expensive than smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchdog View Post
    Say if you went for the pro tank, you'd need: Pro tank, a battery, and a charger. Which adds upto somewhere around £20 here. (Depends on seller, capacity of battery, whether you want it to come from china or not). It doesn't hurt to have a spare battery on top of that. Then with all of that you just need to choose some liquid.

Plenty of websites do 'starter kits' here is an example: http://myepack.co.uk/evod-starter-kit.html £28.99 before postage. May be cheaper where you are too.

I've never ordered from them mind, it was just the first result in google. That kit there gives you:
    2 batteries, worth a few quid each.
    2 EVOD clearomisers (The EVOD name belongs to kanger, whether these ones are genuine or not I don't know but I think a genuine one is about a fiver)
    5 coils (the coil is the replaceable heating bit inside, since having my pro tank I've had to replace 1, the life of them varies) - value £5-7 per 5 I think
    1 charger (£2)
    a box

So you're paying a bit more than you would buying the parts separately, plus the extra tank isn't exactly needed imo. If you went for non branded stuff you'd pay much much less, dealextreme is worth checking out if you don't mind waiting.
    Okay, I am not sure what everything is but I can't see how it is more expensive then even rolling tobacco.

What is a clearomiser? The part you suck on?
    You basically have a body (with battery), a tank for the liquid, a coil to heat it and a clearomiser to suck on right?

OMG the E-cigs are dangerous as hell, I don't smoke and my buddy let me try his he had vanilla I think shit tasted like best cappuccino I have ever had. The Mint flavored one is also pretty darn good, I almost started smoking because of these lol. IMO they are a good thing and should completely replace normal cigarettes soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Okay, I am not sure what everything is but I can't see how it is more expensive then even rolling tobacco.

What is a clearomiser? The part you suck on?
    You basically have a body (with battery), a tank for the liquid, a coil to heat it and a clearomiser to suck on right?
    Yeah you've pretty much got it, this is a diagram of the protank mini. I've been saying tank but yeah, it's they're called clearomisers most of the time. Collective term for the main liquid holding bit, mouthpiece, coil and all that. Clearomiser + battery = e cigarette. Not all clearomisers have changable parts, some are completely sealed and once it's built in coil burns out the only thing you can do is throw the whole thing away.

You can see there, that it splits apart and the little coil screws into the bottom (2 coils come with the mini)

Picture of a coil:

So, formed you end up with this:

Then it screws onto a battery giving you this:

Clear bit in the middle obviously is where the liquid is stored, top bit is the mouthpiece. Coil is hidden from view. To charge the battery you remove it from the tank it then screws into a charger. Takes a couple of hours. The darker bit of metal you can see at the base of the tank is what you remove to change the coil or to fill it up.

Oh another thing, the base of liquids is either propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerine (VG). You can get them both in various strength, a mix of the two etc. PG gives more flavor and throat hit, VG gives less throat hit, more vapor (May have got this wrong). It's really just about trying what works for you, but some people can be allergic to PG, probably VG too just heard more about reactions to PG. Some also use natural flavorings, which you may want to keep an eye out for if you're allergic to something like nuts. While inhaling it may not cause a reaction, I don't think it's worth taking the chance.

I've tried a PG blueberry liquid and it was far too artificial and perfumey for my liking, the VG flavors have been smoother.
    Last edited by mmoc0b25bc1ee8; 2013-12-20 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Volcano is very good, magic box is shit for volume smoking, Blu e-cigs are alright... I want to get a g-pen, with the glass cylinder add on:

http://www.grencoscience.com/collect...oducts/thegame
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi