10+ Year Old Account

Death Knight challenge modes.

So I'm doing a CMs soon and was just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a basic guide or just give me a few tips.

What dps spec is best?

What's the stat priority at such a low ilvl in said spec and do I gem for str or secondary stats?

Is the rotation/priority for that spec the same as 5.4 or does it change with itemization and different stat weights?

Also what gear would you recommend me replacing, I'm assuming that the EoG would be pretty useless when scaled down to 463.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-12-19 at 09:29 AM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nge-Mode-Guide

This thread will answer absolutely every question you're having

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a few more questions, thought I'd just bump this thread instead of making a new one.

I'm getting together a BiS set for challenge modes though it's all pretty low ilvl (Raid Finder). With my current 566 ilvl it's easier to reach hit/exp cap in less reforges meaning more stats when scaled down to 463. Am I right in thinking this or is the BiS haste/crit gear still better.

Also trinkets, I'm definitely going to use Thok's Tail Tip if I can get it before doing CMs. But what about Evil Eye of Galakras vs Relic of Xuen, EEoG has a much larger str proc that's also on a 55sec ICD but it's passive bonus is pretty much useless when scaled down to 463. Relic of Xuen however has a nice passive bonus but the proc isn't even half as strong as the one from EEoG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    I've got a few more questions, thought I'd just bump this thread instead of making a new one.

I'm getting together a BiS set for challenge modes though it's all pretty low ilvl (Raid Finder). With my current 566 ilvl it's easier to reach hit/exp cap in less reforges meaning more stats when scaled down to 463. Am I right in thinking this or is the BiS haste/crit gear still better.

Also trinkets, I'm definitely going to use Thok's Tail Tip if I can get it before doing CMs. But what about Evil Eye of Galakras vs Relic of Xuen, EEoG has a much larger str proc that's also on a 55sec ICD but it's passive bonus is pretty much useless when scaled down to 463. Relic of Xuen however has a nice passive bonus but the proc isn't even half as strong as the one from EEoG.
    You should NOT use Thok's Tail Tip if you have another choice. Not only will the stats being amplified be lower, but the amount of amplification is itself lower (I believe it's 3% at 463). Something similar applies to the Galakras trinket -- the amount of cooldown reduction is significantly lower once it's scaled down.

That said, you can certainly still do gold-worthy DPS with either or both of those trinkets equipped; there's just no reason to use them if you have the option not to.

EDIT: According to Wowhead, Thok's Tail Tip is 3% amplification and Evil Eye of Galakras is 17% cooldown reduction.
    Last edited by Praxis; 2013-12-22 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Added data

Deleted
    Hey,

I did CM in DW (Mastery>crit and a bit of haste). Due to the number of packs in CM, I'm pretty sure it's better even tought you're less "bursty" on bosses than 2H

I don't know about the trinkets but I did it with Thok's Tail Tip and Evil Eye of Galakras and I didn't change a thing in my "usual way of playing".

The most important thing, in my opinion, if your goal is to achieve Gold and not specialy timers, is to have a good group knowing their class and having a well planed strategy I'd said. I'm pretty sure every class can succeed gold in CM since you know how to play it properly

The only thing mandatory for me is Remortless Winter and managing CC's