Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I don't get how people are defending them so hard. Most of these features should have been in the original D3. Mystic, Paragon levels, some kind of endgame and a non-retarded loot system, all of these were added only cause everyone saw the shortcomings of Diablo, and cried about it on forums. D3 does not deserve to be in the Diablo universe. They had 12 years to make a better game than Diablo 2, and they failed misserably. They had TON of information and ideas of how they could approach it, but they took almost nothing and only made it worse. It took them two years to fix loot, the main drive of an ARPG since there is no ladder or anything competitive, and the endgame is non-existant. Even now, they have really added nothing to the endgame. Soooo many good ideas on their forums, ideas from other games (enchantable maps from PoE), but all of it is beeing ignored with this release. So, I think people complaining about the 40 euros have the full right to do so, cause it barely offers anything, cause technicly, loot and paragon will be a patch for D3 vanilla aswell, so all RoS really brings to the table is a new act and a new class. Bounties and Nephalem valor is fun for a few day max, then they just get tedious. Nah, I'll be waiting for prices to drop a bit, cause even though I did playing D3 with friends, I quickly got bored when playing solo so I'm really not in a rush, especially since there is nothing that appeals to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I don't get how people are defending them so hard.
    I am with you on this one. It's rather amusing to see how people defend high price when it's in our interest that price should be lower than 40€. Original Diablo III was 60€ and I am pretty sure that this expansion doesn't have more than 1/2 of content that original had.

I'm defending it because: 1. I liked Diablo 3 and I liked the story, The Mystic is a feature that isn't necessarily an essential, OMG I MUST HAVE THIS aspect of the game in order to make the game both playable and fun, 3. Believe it or not, and this may come as a huge shock to you, not everything is competitive nor should it be. Maybe, just maybe, your sense of superiority and self worth in how much better your non-existent digital items are than another person's is a hang up you should get some help for.

Seriously guys, I get that some people think that the price is too high and in the current economy I can understand why; but attacking Blizzard for setting a price for an expansion that they've set for almost every expansion is just silly. It's borders on the absurd to start demanding everything for free and smacks of a level of entitlement that really needs to be dealt with by Blizzard in a direct manner. Creating games is a time consuming and labor intensive process and thinking that you're entitles to their work just because you're the customer reeks of "the customer is always right" and they aren't. I know from experience because I've been the guy who had to deal with customers trying to pull a fast one or people who were just wrong and wouldn't accept it, or expected something for nothing. There are legitimate price issues but a lot of the attacks on Blizzard are just petulant at this point. If you don't like the game, don't buy the expansion but just stop sniping at everyone who actually does like it and stop saying that "Everyone" is on your side because it's more than clear by now that they aren't. Diablo 3 is a massive hit from all aspects in an objective sense. I People are still buying it, still playing it and still theorycrafting how to make the best builds so, again, in an objective sense you are wrong in that there is still an active community and a pretty well rounded community from what I've seen. So yes, if you have concerns about the price please let's talk, but if all you want to do is demand that Blizzard give you free stuff then you're not really helping the discussion and just coming off as one of the problems.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Final warning: stop attacking users who disagree with your opinion. Not doing thins will result in infractions and closed thread.

I'm leaving the thread open just because the discussion is actually interesting - keep it civil.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    I'm defending it because: 1. I liked Diablo 3 and I liked the story, The Mystic is a feature that isn't necessarily an essential, OMG I MUST HAVE THIS aspect of the game in order to make the game both playable and fun, 3. Believe it or not, and this may come as a huge shock to you, not everything is competitive nor should it be. Maybe, just maybe, your sense of superiority and self worth in how much better your non-existent digital items are than another person's is a hang up you should get some help for.

Seriously guys, I get that some people think that the price is too high and in the current economy I can understand why; but attacking Blizzard for setting a price for an expansion that they've set for almost every expansion is just silly. It's borders on the absurd to start demanding everything for free and smacks of a level of entitlement that really needs to be dealt with by Blizzard in a direct manner. Creating games is a time consuming and labor intensive process and thinking that you're entitles to their work just because you're the customer reeks of "the customer is always right" and they aren't. I know from experience because I've been the guy who had to deal with customers trying to pull a fast one or people who were just wrong and wouldn't accept it, or expected something for nothing. There are legitimate price issues but a lot of the attacks on Blizzard are just petulant at this point. If you don't like the game, don't buy the expansion but just stop sniping at everyone who actually does like it and stop saying that "Everyone" is on your side because it's more than clear by now that they aren't. Diablo 3 is a massive hit from all aspects in an objective sense. I People are still buying it, still playing it and still theorycrafting how to make the best builds so, again, in an objective sense you are wrong in that there is still an active community and a pretty well rounded community from what I've seen. So yes, if you have concerns about the price please let's talk, but if all you want to do is demand that Blizzard give you free stuff then you're not really helping the discussion and just coming off as one of the problems.
    Not sure who are you talking to in regard to the superiority stuff ... can't find post that mentions that, maybe quote someone. As for the price I don't think economy is the issue here. Problem is what exactly are you getting for the price. One act + one class and then what. D3 itself was a disappointment in eyes of many who were looking forward to the game and to turn their heads now RoS has to try much harder, especially with that price tag. And maybe it's just a marketing problem, maybe the price will be justified once Blizz properly explains all that you get in the expansion ... but so far most ppl know that there is some kind of reaper, one new act, one new class and itemization change. I will buy that for 20 euros. If Blizz wants double of that, they will have to throw in something exciting.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Kinda says it all regarding the price. And its on forbes which is kinda reliable.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...verpriced-dlc/

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    Kinda says it all regarding the price. And its on forbes which is kinda reliable.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...verpriced-dlc/
    Yea, the expansion is just for a new act and a new class. Everything else is free in a new patch no? Over priced DLC is the best description. Expansion my ass.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expac brings:

New Act.
    New Class.
    New Game Mode (Adventure Mode).
    Bounties/Rifts.
    Mystic.
    10 more levels, with a new ability, two passives and a passive slot for each class.

The only things in patch 2.0 is Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0 and Clans.

Not to mention things like Ladders and maybe Devil's hand, which will be patched in over the course of the Expacs life for free.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I kinda agree that the expansion pricing is a tad high. Anyway, i don't expect them to lower the price soon - most if not all expansion set are priced that way, so i'ts basically a standard.

Another example: look at smartphones. When Iphone came, is set a standard of hardware AND price. Yes, other companies do much more products at different prices, but when you compare similar devices, you can see that all costs basically the same - why? Because it's only losing profit putting it at a lower prices since, even if the Iphone is terribly overpriced, you can find millions of people spending that money just to have it.

Kinda sad, but true.

Anyway, defending Blizzard from the other side, they had to redo the core of the game because of previous very bad design decisions. I'm not saying that the new content is enough or i don't like to have more, but i'm sure that fixing the core of the game has taken quite a lot of time and effort from the developers.
    I see loot 2.0 as part of the expansion, even if it's given "for free" to everyone. Expansion buyers are paying also for that and for everyone who's not going to buy the expansion.

That said, i repeat: I was going to buy CE anyway, so at this point i can understand people who want to discredit me. Just putting in words my thoughts.

Deleted
    Don't think I can justify 40 euros for this expansion. Maybe if it gets reduced at some point I'll grab it, but not that desperate for it.

Deleted
    Gotta remember that Diablo has no sub fee, WoW does, which ofc makes the game itself cheaper. Calm your tits ladies

Hahahaha, 40€ for this failure of a game? Yeah.. no thanks.

This expansion shouldve been free since we all paid for a unfinished shitty beta before.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-12-23 at 07:31 AM.

Warned everyone 2 times, but it seems it's not clear enough. The discussion is over.