Disc trinket question

Hello,

The disc priests of my guild are running double amp trinkets and I was wondering, I have 3 trinkets available on my alt priest, I have Blackfuse Flex (2/2), Sha of Pride LFR and last night I got the Immersius trinket in normal.

I guess you see it coming, it is worth replacing the 528 amp for the dps 553 amp? or should I replace Blackfuse's trinket and run both amps?

I'm not a major fan of intel procs that you can't control, but I figured I'd be worth asking.

Armory Link in case it's useful.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

The way I understand it, PBOI no longer procs for healers (with monks being the only exception)... and any healer who takes that over a DPS that needs it is a total dick. I really hope that's not the case for you.

Here's an Icy-Veins thread where they've discussed the trinket for disc:
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...-pbi-for-disc/
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-12-19 at 05:24 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    PBoI only procs from melee hits for healers, which is why it "works" for monks. Technically works for Disc too if you smack the boss with your staff to proc it.

No I didn't take it from a dps, they all had it, got it on off-spec roll lol.

I know how it work for a monk obviously, and I knew it doesn't proc for disc, but I wondered if it was worth switching now or not.

Got the heroic immerseus trinket, tried it out for a bit last night. It seemed to give me a decent healing boost, but obviously, I lose the regen from the other trinket. I much prefer passive benefit to my mastery/aegis than I prefer the int from blackfuse or horridon's, though, and any fight where both our resto shamans are present, mana is a total non issue, so I'm switching them around (do I need mana? If yes, blackfuse. If no, Purified bindings).

Ideal trinkets you want are Dysmorphic which you already have and prison amp trinket which you at least have LFR version, you should use the amp trinket no matter what version you have, never ever use the cleave heal or other heal proc trinket for disc as its terrible.

It's also viable to use double amp trinket, yes you lose the proc but you don't really lose output from not gaining it.

Use the Sha of Pride and Blackfuse trinkets. If you raid 25 man you could probably be safe with 5-7k spirit with all the hymns, mtts, and innervates.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-12-19 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Use the Sha of Pride and Blackfuse trinkets. If you raid 25 man you could probably be safe with 5-7k spirit with all the hymns, mtts, and innervates.
    Well, we have no shaman in our 25 group and all priests raid with 12k spirit. I'm healing in 10 with a shaman and I saw the major difference where my 12k was way too much except 1 or 2 fights where I would get close to oom due to spamming shields a bit too much (looking at you Thok).

But I'm doing the alt run on my priest this tier, seems like I'm swapping every tier from monk to priest to monk.

You know you can always just ask us in game why we use certain trinkets

What Draco said is pretty much spot on though, use double amp except on fights where you feel you need the regen from the siegecrafter trinket. Or just yell at me to drop mana tide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, we have no shaman in our 25 group and all priests raid with 12k spirit. I'm healing in 10 with a shaman and I saw the major difference where my 12k was way too much except 1 or 2 fights where I would get close to oom due to spamming shields a bit too much (looking at you Thok).

But I'm doing the alt run on my priest this tier, seems like I'm swapping every tier from monk to priest to monk.
    You definitely have too much spirit, I wasn't even dropping mana tide on cd all the time because no one ever needed it. I only run with a bit of extra spirit in 25m because I have no regen trinket, and of course as you said because we have no shaman and no one ever hymns (WTB mana tide, pst).

Deleted
    A lot of people just parrot incorrect stuff they hear without actually trying it out properly.

I am not sure if the immerseus trinket works for disc. I tried it with the LFR version and it didn't work. Without the int proc the immerseus trinket loses about 40% of its value. For the thokk hc just the cleave effect from the cleave trinket is just about 10% of total healing as holy at @380k HPS, so it should be in the 4-5% ballpark for disc and it should have a similar high value for Narushen. I had a look in the top parses for someone using the cleave trinket for thokk and I found this ([http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=14021#Moggi).
    For any fight where the raid is stacked and divine star is >15% of total healing the cleave trinket is the top throughput trinket for any priest spec although for holy it is just crazy good.

The multistrike trinket is good only when using cascade/Halo and the heal from the level 90 is >15% of total healing.

Generally however you want the regen trinket as disc
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2013-12-27 at 12:18 AM.

PBoI does not proc from atonement. It does proc from autoattack but it takes 30s+ to actually proc (which would be a very dumb use of 30s).

So no, PboI is only worth it for the overrated amp effect and it can be safely replaced by any other SoO trinket or even Horridon's.

Deleted
    Prismatic Prison and Black Blood are obviously the best trinkets for disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeba View Post
    Prismatic Prison and Black Blood are obviously the best trinkets for disc.
    there is only 3 viable trinkets for disc, prison, dysmorphic and bindings (double amp effect pretty much breaks even although you lose a little extra regen from not having a regen trinket but shouldn't matter) while black blood could be reasonable it is still below bindings for disc.

Deleted
    The Sha of Pride and Siegecrafter trinkets are far down superior to any of the other trinkets. Regardless what version it is. You will have a higher throughput using the Sha of Pride one due to the Intellect procc, if you wan't to become a beast on the meters I'd suggest you download WeakAuras (unless you already have it), and make an Aura for it so that you see when your intellect procc is active, aswell as having a WeakAura for the Legendary Meta, if these 2 procc combined, you can make some godly shields

Deleted
    And if you take Black Blood you get 900K+ shields. Not to mention those halo's. And that trinket often has 30 or even 40% uptime. Much better at least than the 18% you get from other trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeba View Post
    And if you take Black Blood you get 900K+ shields. Not to mention those halo's. And that trinket often has 30 or even 40% uptime. Much better at least than the 18% you get from other trinkets.
    900k? You have like... 1.5mil hp? Or do you mean PWS where you'll maybe get 1 off at full power if you're lucky and then it has to crit.
    10sec duration, about 1ppm...
    Unless you're getting ridiculously lucky not even close, that's not to mention having to take the haste from it making you need more regen.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I got the sha trink/siegecrafter spirit trinket and I loves it. I reforged out all my spirit into crit if it was mastery gear or into mastery if it was gear with crit on it already. Gem whatever stat you have less of; mastery or crit. Love it....works great. High crit/mastery build and not really having too many mana probs with all 25m cooldowns available, including hymn and mana tides etc.

Idk just made sense to me and I thought that as my plan to try since the PTR...and I can't say I've ever thought twice about it.

I was thinking maybe trying the Thok trinket on Thok but haven't really got to test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also isn't it nice to have both high mastery AND crit? Since crit will proc your shields but mastery increases all overall healing done as well, including halo.

- - - Updated - - -

I also go down to about 11k is what I usually think is minimum spirit I want after reforging everything out....but really 5-7k?? Idk if I would go that low.

- - - Updated - - -
    900k? You have like... 1.5mil hp? Or do you mean PWS where you'll maybe get 1 off at full power if you're lucky and then it has to crit.
    10sec duration, about 1ppm...
    Unless you're getting ridiculously lucky not even close, that's not to mention having to take the haste from it making you need more regen.
    Not if you have high mastery. PW shield owns with high mastery why does anyone not know this??? High mastery also increases your power word shield strength. This was a disc trinket question yes? No CD on PW shield only weak soul debuff or you can spec differently depending on the fight for less debuffs.

Can also tell you right now PW:S amazing on Thok
    Last edited by Mariame; 2013-12-28 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Except shields can't be larger than 60% of the targets maximum HP...

I currently use Prismatic Prison and either the Blackfuse trinket if i need regen or the Timeless trinket for throughput. 1.8k Int and 10.7k crit proc is still pretty good :P
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2013-12-30 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    Spirit Shell/DA can't, but seen 600k PWS crits with trinket procs

Black blood is shit, 95% of the time it's just a wasted item slot, lelhaste, lelquickstacking int for non-dot classes.

If you can't get either of the two you should just get a heroic horridon trinket or maybe the timeless island trinket, if you think a filler item is worth grinding 15 hours for. And yeah PWS has no limit, was funny doing 600k shields on 500k hp tanks in 5mans when I farm for heirlooms.