Poll: Cata or MoP? Which expansion is better?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cata or MoP? Which expansion is better?

A lot of people said that Cata was the worst WoW expansion set. We're at the end of MoP right now so I wonder if people changed their minds.

I personally didn't. Cata compared to MoP is terrible for me. It didn't have any end-game content besides dungeons and raids. MoP has tons of factions, world bosses, events, scenarios, flexible raids, brawler's guild, pet battles. Cata compared to MoP is shit.

MoP is a lot better.
    For me it goes..

TBC
    WOTLK
    MOP
    CATA

Deleted
    Cataclysm was upper shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this even a real contest?

I didn't really care for the first tier of Mists but everything else was great about this expansion.
    The only thing Cataclysm had going for it was Firelands.

I don't think much of them, I vastly prefer TBC and WotLK, but I'd say MoP is somewhat better than Cata. Might explain why when I'm a little less lazier

Cata was head and shoulders above MOP. There were no thinly veiled duplicates or cartoon characters put forth as a new race and raiding was tuned for raiders, at least at the beginning of the expansion. It petered out and got watered down as the expac went on.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    A lot of people said that Cata was the worst WoW expansion set. We're at the end of MoP right now so I wonder if people changed their minds.

I personally didn't. Cata compared to MoP is terrible for me. It didn't have any end-game content besides dungeons and raids. MoP has tons of factions, world bosses, events, scenarios, flexible raids, brawler's guild, pet battles. Cata compared to MoP is shit.
    If you are taking the pulse of the community I am not sure there is even a debate. Cata with a few exceptions has and remains the worst received xpac of the WOW series. MoP was my second favorite xpac, Cata on the other hand, falls so low that we still need like 10 more xpacs so that Cata can find a proper space low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Cata was head and shoulders above MOP. There were no thinly veiled duplicates or cartoon characters put forth as a new race and raiding was tuned for raiders, at least at the beginning of the expansion. It petered out and got watered down as the expac went on.
    Cata was absolutely superior to MOP...until tier 12 ended. Then it went from pro to utter dogshit in a matter of seconds and ruined the game.

Cataclysm was terrible. I've played since beta and that expansion made me seriously consider walking away forever.

I was skeptical about Pandaria. Pandas? Really?
    This has turned out to be the second best expansion for me. I know a lot of people loved TBC, but I wasn't one of them.
    Expansions for me best to worst are:

Wrath
    MoP
    TBC
    Cata

Deleted
    I've always thought Cata was the least favorited expansion >.> Anyways, MoP cleaned up alot of things and brought a great way for new and casuals players to play so yeah definitely MoP on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is so much better then Cata, its like comparing a rotton banana to a ripe orange. No comparision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata > Mope

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    MoP is a lot better.
    For me it goes..

TBC
    WOTLK
    MOP
    CATA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rupprecht View Post
    Is this even a real contest?

I didn't really care for the first tier of Mists but everything else was great about this expansion.
    The only thing Cataclysm had going for it was Firelands.
    These 2 posters are bang on

MoP/Vanilla > TBC > Cata >>>>>>>>>> Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get the hate on Cata.

The new player races alone for me make it supieror to MoP.

Beside Dragon Souls being a bad final raid, and preferring the new zones to be grouped up like TBC, WotLk, etc.. I liked everything about Cata. Plus it still felt like I was playing WoW. Not saying MoP was shitty, but I hated the theme of it, and the intriduced races and didn't care for the themes behind the raids with the exception of SoO.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Cata was absolutely superior to MOP...until tier 12 ended. Then it went from pro to utter dogshit in a matter of seconds and ruined the game.
    pretty much what I said without bringing the canine feces into the conversation.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

MoP easily. The raiding this expansion has just been a lot more enjoyable... Flex is a great addition.

Though, to be fair, I didn't play during TBC; I started about two weeks before Wrath hit, and knowing next to nothing about the game (or the MMO genre), the transition from TBC to the Wrath style was entirely lost on me. That said, I've enjoyed every expansion; if that wasn't the case, then I wouldn't still be playing. But MoP has been overall a great time, superior to Cata. The only thing I preferred about Cata was, perhaps, the harder dungeons, but that was because there was just something entertaining about tackling Heroic Stonecore when it first opened with a group of friends and enduring the screaming and laughter on vent when adds nuked us...

And, hey. Monks. Monks, people! Love them. So there's that.

Deleted
    MoP >>>>>>> Worms, Bugs, Maggots >>>>> Cata

Just no comparison. A LOT more to do, and the things to do are also more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just look at raids, you can debate it

If you look at the xpack as a whole. 80-85 was not that great and 1-60 was well done (horde side; I mean way more phasing and story/new mechanics)

Deleted
    I prefer Cata over MoP by far. Heck, I even think Cata was slightly better than TBC.