Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    you might have to take an execute with a lot of stacks and no strong CD on Nazgrim HC
    How is that even possible when Executes come at 2 Sunders every time and Barkskin is plenty enough to keep you alive at that point? Again, if you screw up in some other manner, sure. Shrug, I just never see the value in having something that compensates for bad play.

same with Immersus HC
    See above. That's not even possible.

If you'd start telling the healers to heal more, or the other tank to handle the mechanics better when we ask you why you're using the DPS cloak after you died and the raid wipes I'd kick you from the guild on the spot.
    I don't even know where this came from.

It also doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Bad play is the cause of his problems, not his choice in cloak.

This fight took us a while to figure out, but here are some things I have learned on my druid that should help you guys out (Resto POV):

For Phase 1, talk to the tank that is going to be picking up the adds and use Ironbark when he won't have a cooldown up for warcall. What we normally do for my raid group is the add tank uses a CD for the first set of adds, I IB the 2nd, and if we have a 3rd we use the other healers CD on him. The adds should NEVER be AOE stunned. Stunning them resets their swing timer. If they are AOE stunned, their swing timers will all be in sync and your tank is going to get raped. This is also true if the Iron Star doesn't kill the adds - so if a lot of them survived, ensure you and your add tank are ready. Keep your WM charged and underneath the ranged. Use bloom when the the star hits.

For transition phases, this should be a break for the healers to allow them to regen some mana. Make sure that all DPS and healers are picking up the orbs (50% damage reduction), your tanks don't need them - this will take a ton of pressure off the healers and allow them to breathe and recover some of their cooldowns and mana during this phase.

You can also sometimes carry a full WM up to the realm with you if you mash the button as you are being pulled up. This will sometimes force the mushroom to drop in the realm at full capacity. Just make sure you bring the mushroom along and don't go out of range of it without refreshing it.

For Phase 2 you should have talented NV. NV > * on this fight for resto. This allows you to have a healing cooldown ready in P2 and P3 for every single Whirling Corruption you face. NV the first whirling (blanketing with rejuv's and using genesis/sagemender procs) with another healing CD rolling (Aura mastery, Spirit Shell, etc), Tranq the next, NV the 3rd with another healers CD rolling.

For phase 3 - use the same healing CD rotations for Whirling Corruption. Ensure that when Empowered Whirling goes out that your raid only spreads as far as needed to avoid dropping purple circles under the healers/tanks. The majority of deaths in my raid group are because someone runs out of range of heals during Whirling. Ensure IB or Barkskin is on you when you tranq if you don't have SWG from the shaman and have to soak a purple swirl (he should be using it during tranq anyway) - and have your other healer or someone else with a big heal (lay on hands) watch your health and be ready with a big heal if you get low before tranq is finished casting (and do the same for them).

A few things I noticed from the logs of your resto druid:
    He used tranq once, and it wasn't even when he had HoTW up. He should be using this on CD during Whirling Corruption.
    WG usage is WAY low - this should be cast on or as close to CD as possible. Especially if he is using Incarnation.
    Lifebloom usage is WAY low - his LB uptime should be at a bare minimum of 70%, especially with Incarnation.
    He is using Regrowth instead of using his free HT's from his 2 piece. He needs to prioritize a 5 stack of sagemender (free healing touch) over regrowth usage when OOC/Nature's Swiftness is not up.
    I already mentioned this, but he should run NV on this fight.

Looking at his armory, his stats need some work as well.
    He needs to pick a haste breakpoint - either 3043 or 13163. 6652 just isn't viable for his gear - and IMO he should go for the 3043 HBP until he gets his LMG and some more haste gear. He can gain almost 14% mastery by dropping the haste and going for the 3043 breakpoint.
    He has way too much spirit. For normal modes he shouldn't need to be any higher than 15000 spirit on his gear - he has almost 19000 - which is a ton of lost stats (int/mastery). If he needs to have that much spirit to not go OOM he is doing something terribly wrong.
    He is glyphed for HT, but over the course of the 3 hour raid frame in the logs, he only used it 62 times. He should replace that with the WG glyph.

Thats all I got - Hope some of this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I don't even know where this came from.

It also doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Bad play is the cause of his problems, not his choice in cloak.
    It's easy. You have a choice between two cloaks on every fight. One gives you a very, very slight increase in DPS. The other one will possibly save you from death every 2 min. No matter what boss you're doing in SoO there's a reason to pick the tanking one. Especially if it's a boss you're progressing on. It's nothing else than arrogant to say there's no reason to use the tanking cloak before Malkorok HC.

Feral POV.

Talents.
    Feral charge for getting right back to garrosh after whirlwind or adds/cc's
    Renewal as a extra heal every 2min.
    Typhoon for pushing adds into fire.
    FoN cause of extra dps on the boss when away doing other things, cc's, adds or whirlwind.
    Disorientating roar for cc's before empowered.
    DoC or HoTW, i prefer DoC but if your raid needs you to push out a heavy tranq hotw is usefull.

Phase 1.
    Prio Interupt wolfrider, keep pushing dps on boss instead of adds. Atleast that's how we do it since we got some heavy range aoers.

Phase 2.
    Prio interupt cc'ed, push dps on cc'ed instant. Keep Treants on boss at whirlwinds and leap back.

Phase 3.
    spread on adds, kill your add and leap into someone else, prio to break cc'ed. When everything else is done put some dots up on boss. Keep Treants on boss at all time.

Phase 4.
    Skip adds, break cc's push boss.

Lifesavers.
    Barkskin on adds.
    Renewal if 25% hp
    SI on empowered whirwinds.

It's nothing else than arrogant to say there's no reason to use the tanking cloak before Malkorok HC.
    The only use you'll get out of it before HC Malk is masking problems that would otherwise need to be solved by then anyway. Especially in this specific case where the problems are very big and very obvious and very bad.

Before we start killing each other over cloak usage, the middle ground is likely where most of the raiding population lies, aka their group isn't perfect every waking moment, leading to varying usage of the cloaks.

Even though my guild's killed heroic Garrosh, we've constantly had issues with certain aspects of our roster and raid performance. I'd be lying if I said I never wanted to use the DPS cloak but ended up using the tanking one just to get through a kill... even on farm kills for earlier bosses, we've had some "special" moments (and not the warm and fuzzy kind!) with our roster where I just went tanking cloak to ensure I'd live. As a caveat, though, the tanking cloak can be pretty random in terms of when it wants to proc, as I've seen my co-tank(s) and myself die w/o a proc even being shown/mentioned in the combat log. It's mostly reliable if it's just auto-attack melee, at least, special attacks/DoT's are a different story.

In the case of the OP, there really are serious problems occuring that the tanking cloak won't necessarily solve (whether they're actually the bear's issues or the execution of the encounter issues), so it boils down to individual preference on what's needed to ensure the kill. Personally, I'm ashamed if I actually die prematurely on a progression encounter while using a DPS cloak, especially if the tanking cloak would prevent the death... even if it necessarily wasn't my fault. Not everyone is like that, and I'm not expecting everyone to share the same view. I just know for my raid that mistakes happen, unexpected situations occur, limits are pushed too far, people disconnect, the cat turns off my power strip in the middle of a fight... and the purpose of the tanking cloak is to help tanks survive through those occurrences.

Alright, I don't want to stray too far off topic, so I'd still recommend the Guardian tank use the tanking cloak until the execution of the encounter gets sorted out. It's not going to fix the horrid issues that we've noted from the log or necessarily guarantee getting past the problem areas, but in all fairness it likely would provide more benefit than the DPS cloak at this stage in their progression. Once the Guardian tank starts playing like a bear should (this is the #1 priority) and the rest of the execution issues get sorted out, switching back to the DPS cloak should be a non-issue.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

A few things for the resto, although most of it has been covered:

• The harmony (mastery) uptime is very very low. Looking at all the boss pulls the resto druid averaged just barely 80% uptime. It should be ~97%+ on almost every encounter.
    • Stop using nourish almost entirely, and thus remove the glyph of rejuvenation, it is nearly useless. Replace it with Glyph of Regrowth.
    • Incarnation is fine, but it is honestly the weakest of the three talents of that tier for most fights. Most guides/random people will tell you to take Incarnation, but it's overall throughput is drastically lower than SotF or FoN. However, you guys are a 10m, so FoN is significantly weaker than it would be in a 25m. Have the resto switch to SotF and Swiftmend->Wild Growth before each whirl (and pretty much off CD).
    • Again, Heart of the Wild is fine, but Nature's Vigil is way stronger on most fights this tier, especially at lower item levels (HotW scales well with gear). There are very few fights I use HotW on, but it's niche currently is a fight where there is one period of high raid damage where the 6 minute CD can excel. Nature's Vigil is much better for any fight with constant/more often damage throughout the fight.
    • Across the entire night, the resto's lifebloom uptime was below 50%. Lifebloom is essentially free tank healing that procs your Omen of Clarity.
    • Regrowth was the resto's number 2 heal on average. This is really weird, I'd assume that the druid is going OOM pretty quick (especially since we know he/she isn't getting many OoC procs from LB). Wild Mushroom Bloom and Efflo should be higher. It looks like the druid barely used bloom, which is one of our best healing tools this tier. Use it early and often, whenever the group takes damage. It is cheap and heals a metric ton.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    If everyone in the raid played perfectly all the time, they would have cleared 14/14 heroic the second week and wouldn't have come here asking. Since no one in the world actually does everything right all the time, planning around perfect play is rather useless. You need to look at what actually causes wipes in the group you're in and work to fix those issues, rather than contemplating what issues you should be having and solving hypothetical problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    • Across the entire night, the resto's lifebloom uptime was below 50%. Lifebloom is essentially free tank healing that procs your Omen of Clarity.
    In addition to the procs and the cheap cost, Lifebloom also does a very significant amount of healing and thereby "frees up" smart healing that would have gone to the tank. So indirectly, it adds AoE healing to the rest of the raid. It also very directly provides AoE healing for the raid if you use Nature's Vigil (which will also copy the free Regrowths you get from clearcasting procs). Lifebloom is easily overlooked as a tank healing spell that's not really needed much of the time, but the healing it does is rarely wasted.

Unless a fight involves remarkably low tank damage (like on Sha), it's worth keeping up. Even when tank damage is very low it's still worth keeping on someone. Keep it on yourself to get Ysera's Gift ticking on others, if nothing else.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    here is an advice that only few top boomkins know *this does require atleast of an itemlvl of close to 580 aswell, as you have to overgear it*

You don't use incarnation but Force of Nature.

at start of phase 1 don't use cds, in first intermediate phase run to garrosh where you have 3 adds on left and 3 adds on right, while running you could help your team by dotting targets up, and this is also here you should pot + use cooldowns

make sure your treans picks up 1 add each by changing target, and you can actually solo all 6 adds, it would just be lovely if you had a tank that could interupt for you.

but ye having 1 person to get rip of 6 adds is a huge mechanic breaker. and just makes the encounter easier.

I know this is a necro, but.. every time I scroll back to this thread I wince at all the harsh criticism that was doled out toward the guardian in the OP. But I also have to tell you how correct you all were, and thank you for helping me become a much better player.

I play the guardian referenced in the OP and as a direct result of this thread and the embarrassment of facing my team who had also read it, i retooled my toon and taught myself the better...the only...way to play bear. As much as it sucked to hear how bad you thought I was, the changes definitely improved my play and helped my team immeasurably.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokdruid View Post
    I know this is a necro, but.. every time I scroll back to this thread I wince at all the harsh criticism that was doled out toward the guardian in the OP. But I also have to tell you how correct you all were, and thank you for helping me become a much better player.

I play the guardian referenced in the OP and as a direct result of this thread and the embarrassment of facing my team who had also read it, i retooled my toon and taught myself the better...the only...way to play bear. As much as it sucked to hear how bad you thought I was, the changes definitely improved my play and helped my team immeasurably.
    Well glad you got some help! Just went through this with our warrior tank...it may sting, but just brush it off lol

Not sure if adds in P1 are an issue for you guys at all, but what we do(I play Bear) is have the bear tank garrosh first both tanks pick up adds left and right then the Garrosh tank swipes adds and when they are on him off tank taunts Garrosh. You can swap every set of adds if you want to keep vengeance up on both tanks to help dps and keep adds on the right tank.
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget