Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,667
    wut? marvel heroes an mmo?

    um how exactly? from the few youtube vids i checked since this thread it looks like a typical lobby game

    quote from a youtuber "f2p diablo with a big marvel skin slapped over it"

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I would say the game sets the current standard and trends in quality and features. GW2 is the current bulletin list of features you will want to have in a MMO to look current. As for the word dominate, it probably "dominates" playtime among the TenTonHammer staff.
    I agree with this. There are a lot of things in GW2 that will be painful to not have in future MMOs, things like no tagging/shared loot, not having to group with people for events, client based harvesting, map teleportation, etc. I will admit those upgrades in quality of life that I've predominantly experienced in GW2 are going to be sorely missed, especially since for some reason the more recent MMOs seem to want to play the nostalgia card with "features" reminiscent of early 2000s MMOs.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12...f-2013-awards/

    Most Likely to Flop - Elder Scrolls Online
    amen to that

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by evofa View Post
    i like the game and i disagree? what a concept, that you don't have to be a fanboy OR a hater. it isn't all black and white.
    Note the use of the word tend, though from where I sit, looks more like you don't like the game to me. You want to like it, but you don't.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I agree with this. There are a lot of things in GW2 that will be painful to not have in future MMOs, things like no tagging/shared loot, not having to group with people for events, client based harvesting, map teleportation, etc. I will admit those upgrades in quality of life that I've predominantly experienced in GW2 are going to be sorely missed, especially since for some reason the more recent MMOs seem to want to play the nostalgia card with "features" reminiscent of early 2000s MMOs.
    Yeah, makes me think of Carbine's battle with its fans and beta testers over their mob tagging system.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I agree with this. There are a lot of things in GW2 that will be painful to not have in future MMOs, things like no tagging/shared loot, not having to group with people for events, client based harvesting, map teleportation, etc. I will admit those upgrades in quality of life that I've predominantly experienced in GW2 are going to be sorely missed, especially since for some reason the more recent MMOs seem to want to play the nostalgia card with "features" reminiscent of early 2000s MMOs.
    Very much agree too. I think of recent controversy about WoW's decision to not allow flying at all in the new content for WoD until after the first major content patch gets applied and a critique made, how it's less about the removal of the convenience of flying and more about how absolutely inconvenient the other systems in place are, i.e. the flight paths/ground mounts and use of Hearthstones.

    For me the most backwards components remain first-tag and forced grouping. Those things are the most anti-social elements in an MMO, and are best left dead and buried for time immemorial. If you want to have organized group content, fine. But don't make it the only alternative to solo play in the game. Open-ended grouping is an awesome mechanic, much as some might decry it as 'no-skill zerging' and so on.

  7. #27
    Hm. I feel like Guild Wars 2 was not really a 2013 MMO. I might be wrong because I am terrible with dates, but I feel like it was last year.

    Maybe the editors are using "best of XX" to mean any current MMO. Which is fine, I suppose.

  8. #28
    > Best MMO

    > Not World of Warcraft

    > lol

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-12-20 at 06:10 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Yeah, makes me think of Carbine's battle with its fans and beta testers over their mob tagging system.
    Yeah, I am really not looking forward to playing a new MMO that still has mob tagging. Speaking of...

    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Very much agree too. I think of recent controversy about WoW's decision to not allow flying at all in the new content for WoD until after the first major content patch gets applied and a critique made, how it's less about the removal of the convenience of flying and more about how absolutely inconvenient the other systems in place are, i.e. the flight paths/ground mounts and use of Hearthstones.
    I've only watched a few livestreams of Wildstar so far, but I saw flight paths and my first thought was, "Really?" I'm not wholly against flight paths, I think they're nice for seeing the landscape especially if flying doesn't exist otherwise, but instant travel should exist in some capacity, IMO. I remember when they removed Captain Eo & Placeholder from WoW and you had to sit and wait for those boats... ugh, biggest waste of time ever, completely pointless. When I want to wander about and appreciate the environment I will do so on my own time, but when I want to get somewhere ASAP to engage in an activity I don't want to be forced to take a 2+ minute 'time out' to go the scenic route.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. I feel like Guild Wars 2 was not really a 2013 MMO. I might be wrong because I am terrible with dates, but I feel like it was last year.
    It was last year. August 2012. The game will be 1.5 years old next month.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. I feel like Guild Wars 2 was not really a 2013 MMO. I might be wrong because I am terrible with dates, but I feel like it was last year.

    Maybe the editors are using "best of XX" to mean any current MMO. Which is fine, I suppose.
    I remember people talking about playing it before Mists of Pandaria came out, so the latter is probably correct.

  11. #31
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,742
    Best MMO of 2013 >< Most of the spiel is pretty ridiculous, I have no idea how they base this dominating the market nonsense but who cares, vacuous award with an equally vacuous explanation.

    Lets face it GW2 is pretty much the best of a mediocre uninspiring bunch.

    The comments section speaks volumes to me :S
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-12-20 at 08:00 AM.

  12. #32
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Other awards from Ten Ton Hammer for 2013:

    Best Action RPG - Marvel Heroes
    This just proves for a fact that if you make a game and slap the marvel name on it it will win. This game was absolutely fucking terrible. Worse trash I have EVER played, and that says a lot.

  13. #33
    One simple offtopic question if I may.
    I haven't been in touch with the latest news, but why is elder scroll online most likely to flop?
    I've seen people say it for a while. I can't wait for it myself, is there something I don't know?

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,742
    Sub based games havent been doing too well, but I too don't see the issues that will make it flop, it is entering a saturated market but it has a strong IP, I'm sure others have more information as to why it's expected to flop more than others. The other issue is, when does an MMO flop? Some would say the likes of rift,swtor are flops while others say as long as its porfitable and maintained its a success :S

  15. #35
    Yeh I mean the subs I knew about. I thought maybe there was something else.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,742
    How many people have said, fuck it I'll buy GW2 its only X amount and I have no sub fees, I reckon you're talking a large amount, the opposite will always be true of sub games, that is probably the defining factor of why I wont touch TESO, not when I play wow anyway, plus I didn't enjoy Skryim (sacrilege!), game gets too bloated too early.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    How many people have said, fuck it I'll buy GW2 its only X amount and I have no sub fees, I reckon you're talking a large amount, the opposite will always be true of sub games, that is probably the defining factor of why I wont touch TESO, not when I play wow anyway, plus I didn't enjoy Skryim (sacrilege!), game gets too bloated too early.
    Oh you're absolutely right man. For me it's either wow or teso, I really don't know how they could come up with such a fucked up decision. I thought maybe there were some gameplay issues I didn't know about.
    And you're spot on on skyrim too. Too much too soon, it's a simple mistake in writing that I too see as a dealbreaker believe it or not. (If this is what you meant).

  18. #38
    In regards to ESO, I personally was turned off by the description of the end game from a developer video. A lot of it sounded great, until that. So, I wrote it off, but I've sort of kept track of the megathread for it and it sounds like it might not be as bad as I thought. Meanwhile, Wildstar is sounding as bad (if not worse) in terms of end game and it was the one my bf and I were/are looking forward to most. Go figure.

    The subscription thing remains to be seen. Considering I haven't played a subscription MMO since WoW that didn't go F2P I question the thought process there.

  19. #39
    Please keep discussion on the specifics of other MMOs in their respective megathreads &/or sub forums.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-NDA-Sticky%29


  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    This just proves for a fact that if you make a game and slap the marvel name on it it will win. This game was absolutely fucking terrible. Worse trash I have EVER played, and that says a lot.
    the store prices are insane its 20bucks to BUY spiderman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •