Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Sadly, WoW, and I hate wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Sadly, WoW, and I hate wow.
    Wow wouldn't be close to the best mmo of the year for 2013 its like saying team fortress is FPS of the year, it has to have had some update/release to be up for an annual award surely?
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

Best MMOFPS - Planetside 2. Only MMO fps released as a retail version. Good job winning that award.
    Best Action RPG - Marvel Heroes. Only action rpg worth mentioning. Good job winning that.
    Best Expansion - Everquest Tears of Veeshan. What ? Is this a joke ?
    Best Community - The Lord of the Rings Online. Yeah, when a game has an online community of 10 people, odds that most of them are decent are pretty high.
    Best Reinvention - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. Ahahahahahahahaha. Best and ONLY reinvention in 2013.

Honestly, are those guys idiots ?! Don't you need something like some sort of competition to win something ?! All I'm seeing is winners after competing all by themselves.
    Last edited by Major Spam; 2013-12-26 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Best MMOFPS - Planetside 2. Only MMO fps released as a retail version. Good job winning that award.
    Best Action RPG - Marvel Heroes. Only action rpg worth mentioning. Good job winning that.
    Best Expansion - Everquest Tears of Veeshan. What ? Is this a joke ?
    Best Community - The Lord of the Rings Online. Yeah, when a game has an online community of 10 people, odds that most of them are decent are pretty high.
    Best Reinvention - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. Ahahahahahahahaha. Best and ONLY reinvention in 2013.

Honestly, are those guys idiots ?! Don't you need something like some sort of competition to win something ?! All I'm seeing is winners after competing all by themselves.
    It's actually not all that uncommon. Awards usually being what they are (Marketing devices of a sort and/or communal back-patting) it's not unusual for categories to be created for the sole purpose of recognizing one product. Or at the very least, creating enough categories that you can just pat every game on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    1.not gonna continue the whole wow thing.
    2.if i say that to finish a level in NES mario 1 i have to reach the end(in most levels) and go for the pole its a fact not an opinion.
    3. this whole thread invites a game vs games comparison u might as well lock it.
    4. if there is a mods get together or whatever where u guys choose which things to ban and which to un ban a suggestion from an mmo c user: the whole ban on games comparison on a videogame forum is childish. can you get rid of it?
    5. hell, might as well close down the whole videogame discussion thread if you cant even do any comparison between games, WHICH IS WHAT GAMERS DO ALL THE TIME., fo fear of banning from a mod.
    Okay, look. No one said anything about banning people or even infracting.

We do allow valid game comparisons and even allow some off topic discussion. What we don't allow are ceaseless arguments over who likes what game and why. Or insulting the users of the forum or game.

There is a point where mods draw the line before discussion(s) become overly toxic. That is not up for debate.

Again, I am not faulting you personally here. Apologies if it seems as though I singled you out, it was merely serendipitous your posts dovetailed with thread becoming too combative.

If you have an issue with MMO-C policy or moderators you are free to contact an admin.

Otherwise, we all should stay on topic and keep the discussion civil.

Guild Wars 2, with FFXIV as a runner up and MoP taking third place.