Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    It is not a Marines job to stop shoplifters, leave it to the police and security.
    It's everyone's job.
    And the reason why criminals exist is because of people who think that it's not their job to do something about it.

The amount of people actually defending shoplifting as a simple crime that should be overlooked is way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Its everybody's job to help stop CRIME.
    Someone has probably shut you down in 4 pages but you should go and ask the police about this. Your "job" is to report it to the professionals, that is it. You have no idea who you are dealing with, you have no authority, no training and all those people decrying this are quite correct. What if this guy was armed/prepared to injure people to evade being apprehended. AFAIK good simaritan laws usually extend to violent crimes or specific situations in most countries so you could find yourself in a world of shit if it went down badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Who cares? Shoplifting is a non violent crime, I have seen many people shoplifting but I just don't care, nobody is getting physically hurt.
    So, what you're telling me if that if someone just took your wallet while you had it in your hand and ran with it, you'd just call the police instead of first trying to catch him? And that you wouldn't be ok if someone else observing the scene would stop them?

Or are you telling me you wouldn't care if it was someone else's belongings?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So, what you're telling me if that if someone just took your wallet while you had it in your hand and ran with it, you'd just call the police instead of first trying to catch him? And that you wouldn't be ok if someone else observing the scene would stop them?

Or are you telling me you wouldn't care if it was someone else's belongings?
    That is a violent crime and different, why are people not understanding such a simple concept? Violent crimes are a totally different thing.