Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Does anyone feel like the Warcraft movie is going to end up really, really bad?

Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.

What do you think at this point?

Too early to tell, really.

seeing as its noncanon lore wise. they have slightly more freedom to not fuck it up.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus.

I dunno, Legendary Pictures has some pretty awesome movies under it's belt.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Go watch Moon, then come back to this thread, and share your opinion. Duncan Jones is gunna kill it. (in the good sense)

And lets see, i think Atlas Entertainment, Blizzard Entertainment, Legendary Pictures, and Universal Pictures as the production for this film have about 6.023 x 10 ^23 the budget of those horrible movies you mentioned. C'mon, its gotta be good.

worse than dungeons and dragons? doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.

What do you think at this point?
    I can tell you up front that no matter how good the movie is, how perfect in every respect.

The comments sections will be about how bad it is.

Even if it ends up being better than any movie ever made there will always be retards bashing it
    and declaring it the shittiest movie ever made. Just look at how people have bithed and whined on
    everything blizz created since forever.

Im not expecting a masterpiece. I just hope i wont be insanely disappointed with it.
    Epic!

Previous game based movies have failed because they had either Nothing with the game to do, or To confusing for new audience.

Herald of the Titans
    I can't make any kind of a good guess. I'd think most likely it will be a Peter Jackson King Kong "meh."

It's taken Marvel maybe 20 films to find a good formula for comic action and it seems unlikely RPG action will take only one or two tries to get right.

Nothing can disappoint and depress me more than the first X-Men movies.... That and I love Ragnar so I'm excited lol.

I suspect it will be. No reason for that belief other than the fact that I have never seen a good game to movie conversion.

No way to know, it's subjective in any event. I quite liked the first Mortal Kombat movie myself. It wasn't life-changing or anything but was fine for what it was supposed to be.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Not sure how many people will actually watch it but I guess we'll have to wait and see..

We cannot prevent what we cannot predict ~

I really hope the story in the movie won't be as bad as all the story we got after WotLK, then the movie will be really bad without a doubt..

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    I think its way too early to judge right now. All they revealed about it were a couple of actors who were going to be in it but no specific role. All we can do right now is hope it will be a good movie. To be honest though my hopes are pretty high because as much as I hate how Blizzard prices it's digital content like pets, mounts and character services such as name change and server transfers, when it comes to quality they're one of the best. I mean just look at their opening cinematics for their expansions. As long as Blizzard (Chris Metzen to be more specific) has a big part in the movie's production, I think the movie will do just fine.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

I'm curious, what are you basing this off of OP?

Uh oh, two movies turned out bad in your opinion, so all movies are going to turn out bad?

Really at this point, you're just being a doomsayer and nothing more. Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to your opinion, but I think it's way too early to tell.

Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No way to know, it's subjective in any event. I quite liked the first Mortal Kombat movie myself. It wasn't life-changing or anything but was fine for what it was supposed to be.
    The original MK movie was quite a pleasant surprise. Also, one of the best movie soundtracks of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    As long as Blizzard (Chris Metzen to be more specific) has a big part in the movie's production, I think the movie will do just fine.
    I'd much prefer that Metzen approve whatever story they're going to do and then let Duncan Jones do his thing. I generally like what Blizzard does but making four minute cinematics isn't anything like making a two-hour movie. Chris is a nice guy but making him a behind-the-scenes director? No.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

If it's good it has the potential to start an era of games made good movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne