Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    with do much money pumped into it I really doubt it will suck like the other movies based on games.
    Pumping money into a movie doesn't necessarily mean it'll be "good."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Thread based on ignorance, guess there is one of everything.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

It's a video game movie.
    Can those be anything but bad? IF we get really lucky, we might have a mediocore movie in our hands.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was asked awhile ago and I'll post this list.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/...adaptation.htm

The warcraft movie will tank faster than Peyton Manning in the playoffs.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Of course its going to be bad, its a video game movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally have a lot of faith for Legendary Pictures. I loved Man of Steel, 300, etc. All of their movies are gritty and I think the Warcraft movie will really take on awesome spin off that. As for the actors, I don't really know any of them. Some of their faces are familiar, but we'll just have to wait and see! I really wished the took the direction to produce the orcs like the Hobbit did theirs. I'm sure the Hobbit didn't do their's with real people, (correct me if I'm wrong) but in the Desolation of Smaug, MAN did those orcs look BADASS!

Well, they scrapped the original script, which was probably a good thing, since it was written by one of the game designers (Metzen i think?)(if you thought the scripted encounters were poorly written, imagine a whole movie with an overacting sindragosa )

My prediction is thus that it will be a standard bland adventure flick that will follow the Hollywood manual of adventure films to the letter and try to capitalize on the fading fantasy-hype after the hobbit and LOTR

But I cant shake from my mind that it could be actually good if you had a clever director that got the reins to take it off the "films you can predict the entire plot after you've seen the first five minutes" assembly line.
    Last edited by Sekhmet; 2013-12-20 at 11:35 AM.

With Blizzard and Legendary at the helm it's very doubtful. I have high hopes for this movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.

What do you think at this point?
    You think Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter are bad movies... You should really venture out, 'Blair witch project' comes to mind.
    Do I think it's going to be a Dark Knight, Avengers, or Star Trek status.. No way. But I think it will be worth every penny, especially to WoW players.

You don't have to watch it, it's a 'Free' world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's a video game movie.
    Can those be anything but bad? IF we get really lucky, we might have a mediocore movie in our hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Of course its going to be bad, its a video game movie.
    It's because they were made by dumbasses who wanted nothing but to rush it to get a quick buck out of it.

This is different.

Honestly I am always worried about games being made into movies. The track record is bad. Will I rent it one day? Sure. Will I take the family to the theater? Likely not.

Ever watch vikings or highlander? two bad ass dudes right there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    Go watch Moon, then come back to this thread, and share your opinion. Duncan Jones is gunna kill it. (in the good sense)

this so so much.

Guys they want release the movie for sure. Just wait few months after the WoD release till they announce they going to cancel the movie.

Going by the cast so far, mediocre at best. Honestly I'd be surprised if the movie was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Going by the cast so far, mediocre at best. Honestly I'd be surprised if the movie was decent.
    This. I really hope they don't land Colin Farrell either. I can't take the man seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    This. I really hope they don't land Colin Farrell either. I can't take the man seriously.
    This is how I know that you have no idea who is being casted. Colin Farrell was just rumored. He was never cast though and probably never will be.

Also you don't need famous actors to make a good movie.

Does anyone feel like a lot of people live to be negative and emo and not allow themselves to actually just look forward to anything...?

The movie isn't out yet, I haven't watched it yet, so no...I don't think anything of it yet. As long as they don't cast Casey Affleck in any of the roles I'mma not think any of it until I've seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    most of game based movies sucked really bad so im not expecting much, better to be pleasently supprised than dissapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Because movies need big names to be good, right? Several of the actors cast so far have made REALLY solid performances in a number of movies.

I'd be worried if they decided to cast huge poster names instead of going by what actors can contribute to what they wanna do with the movie. Same as Lord of The Rings.