New to enhance question

So i have been gearing alts and I used to love playing enhance. So i recently picked it up again and have got mostly timeless Isle pieces and the most dps i can pull is around 40ish k. Is there something that is fundamentally wrong with my spec or gear choices? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Emokai/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting gemmed would help. Nothing wrong with the "spec", cause Enhance is awesome.

Probably your rotation? You are hit and exp capped, but getting gemmed and enchanted will help with your DPS.
    Currently Procrastinating

I've just gotten into the game again after a long break and chose to play Enhancement. One thing I did notice is that Enh's dps seemed to be heavily reliant on Weapons and Trinkets (as with most classes) but to the point that each upgrade added a crapton of dps. I went from 60k-ish in Timeless + Timeless Isle Hozen fists to 90k just from upgrading my trinkets and getting Kura-Kura from ToT. Even bigger jump in starting Siege gear: 110-130k+(lfr and soon flex), so far.

Obviously Askmrrobot and stuff like that helps a lot, too!

So its similar to warrior in that weapons and trinkets have a big effect on dps.

Sorry I know this isn't very constructive, but you should be doing more than 40k dps with just randomly hitting your buttons in that gear.

Could you describe how you're playing? General priority with your talents goes: Unleash Elements > MW5 Lightning Bolt w/Unleash Fury up > Stormstrike > Lava Lash > Flame Shock w/Unleash Flame up > Earth Shock. That's very basic and general and your mileage may vary, but that's a good place to start.

Also gems and enchants obviously will help a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talbot983 View Post
    So its similar to warrior in that weapons and trinkets have a big effect on dps.
    Thats universal for all melee.
    Weapon damage plays a HUUUUUGEEE role in dps, trinkets aswell
    but enchants/gems are pretty big aswell.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

10+ Year Old Account
    Also enhance is pretty reliant on cooldowns. I am ilvl 530 and i can pull 500k dps at pull when trinks and cooldowns are up. (I dunno if thats good or not) but yeahh....enhance has insaaaaannee burst.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.