Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    40$ for an expansion pack including only one act?
    Blizzards pricing is getting ridiculous...
    Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction was approximately 40$ at release, and that yielded one new act, two new classes, runes, rune words, and a bigger storage. Oh, and the new items/enemies that came with it.

Seems pretty par for the course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Lord of Destruction wasn't the same price as a full game.
    Huh? DIII was $40 when it first came out, I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    $40 for a digital one act "expansion" to a mutiplayer game seems a bit ridiculous..
    You know they also retooled the game, removed Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno. there is 1 Play through now in which you can be level 70 by the end of act 5 or damn close to it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Will wait until its in a sale - not paying $40 for a 1 Act/1 Hero Expansion pack + Darksouls 2 comes out on the same day as this so no thank you Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You know they also retooled the game, removed Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno. there is 1 Play through now in which you can be level 70 by the end of act 5 or damn close to it.
    Most of which should have been quality of life patch changes, not a paid for short expansion. Seems very lazy of Blizzard to wrap a lot of patch content up into a bundle - add an extra act + hero and call it an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Er, this is almost identical to DII "Lord of Destruction". We got one new act and two new classes, but no new modes, and far less new gear. That was also 39.99 on release at the MSRP. Back then everyone was cheering for the expansion, and I don't mean to insult you or anyone else, but if you play Diablo for the storyline... it may be time to find a new game. That's really not what Diablo is about, if you want that, there are plenty of books, but the games are widely understood to have terrible stories; which is entirely forgivable for a hack n slash action RPG lootfest.
    This guy, this guy knows. I fully agree and award you +1 internets.

There is literally no difference in this xpac and LoD except Lod had one more class. F&F/Beta both of them.

Everyone will get loot 2.0, class changes, and bug fixes in a patch before release.

40 dollars for 1 act and 1 class.

too greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylan View Post
    Will wait until its in a sale - not paying $40 for a 1 Act/1 Hero Expansion pack + Darksouls 2 comes out on the same day as this so no thank you Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of which should have been quality of life patch changes, not a paid for short expansion. Seems very lazy of Blizzard to wrap a lot of patch content up into a bundle - add an extra act + hero and call it an expansion.
    40$ is nothing though, hell takeout is usually 40$ and these people spend months developing this stuff. If you don't want to buy it you don't have to.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    So... who else hasn't gotten their beta key even though a blue post "reaffirmed" we received it?
    YEeaahh.. me.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might want to buy the expansion, wondering if the spectral ghoul minion thingy will also attack or just follows

Deleted
    guys,
    Why they want 33 pounds for Diabolo expansion in UK?
    40 bucks is like 23 quid...

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    YEeaahh.. me.
    doesn't it just unlock to your account once you get invited in a wave?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

No invite crew checked everything and notta

Just a side note about what Nethaera said about BE Pallys vs Silver Hand: If one takes the time to stand in the inn in Southshore during Escape from Durnholde, we see events that essentially lead to the creation of Ashbringer. It's become widely accepted that the "shard" Ashbringer was constructed from was most likely a Naaru in its "Void" phase. Also, that whole quest like in Icecrown that ends in an overly Christian overtoned "We shall take him to Paradise where he shall feel no pain". It serious looks like the Argent Paladins (and a lot of them were originally Silver Hand paladins) fully accept the Naaru's role where the Light is concerned. There are too many instances where it's a neon sign blinking "Naaru are the Light Azeroth carries on about".

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post
    They have to make up for lost AH profits somewhere. Either way back to POE.
    This, so much this. Fuck this bunch of monkeys. Go play a completely free game in exactly the same style that's free with work being done on it constantly (Path of Exiles).

Diablo 3 was a cash in on an existing bit of lore and 2 VERY well made games. It came out as a moderately polished turd that had the producers of it shitting on the previous games devs. I'm not generally TOO anti blizzard but the D3 team (or at least it's management) can go die in a house fire.

Path of Exiles is D2 with an end-game, leagues for re-playability and the same idea towards an MMO that the first guild wars game had (towns are massively multiplayer, outside towns are instanced). It's already got WAY more original and fun ideas than D3 and will continue to improve. As mentioned, it's also free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Still no new WoD Info ;_;

Lesson learnt: not gonna buy diablo or any of the upcoming blizzard games for what matters. Blizzard had this unique quality in their games that everyone else lacked. Not anymore. At least in my eyes. Everything they released after TBC has been boring and half assed.
    Their flagship, WoW, has many problems to the point of being unplayable for many people. (hello dead servers/factions).
    Diablo 3 was the definition of a poorly made game that was rushed to release. Even starcraft was nothing special. Not bad but not special either. Personally i definitely prefer to play wc3 even after 10+ years than starcraft.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    $40 for a digital one act "expansion" to a mutiplayer game seems a bit ridiculous..
    You speak for us all.

Well, I just preordered the CE for 79.99. Feels good to have a job and make my own money.

I finished D2 +exp once.....then never played it again. I put in hundreds of hours in D3. Well worth the money.

thanks obama for breaking deadline