Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warcraft Movie Cast Announcement, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, HS Beta Patch, DLC #420

Design a Legendary - Part 3 VOD Now Available, Qualifications for RoS Beta Invite, J!NX Holiday Sale, Edriel's RoS Suggestions

Patch 4243 Now Live, Disenchant Timeframe for Updated Cards, ManaCast Episode 16

Warcraft Movie Cast Announcement
    Legendary announced that Daniel Wu and Clancy Brown will also be joining the Warcraft movie cast. Daniel Wu recently appeared in Europa Report and Clancy Brown regularly appears in and does voices for TV shows. It isn't his first time working on a Warcraft project though, as he was Thrall in the cancelled Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans game.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlords of Draenor Music
    Is there going to be any new music in WoD? I find it surprising that nobody has asked this question. I love the music in the game and wondering if they've kept up to the scale and quality of previous expansions.
    As always, you can expect some new music in the expansion. I couldn't answer as to how much yet, but if you look back over the years, you'll see that we've added many hours of music on a fairly consistent basis. Also, being able to see the Draenei and Karabor in a new light should be illuminating to the auditory system. We'll do what we can to provide any sneak listens or insights we can along the path to the release of the expansion. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlords of Draenor Timeline
    I guess im bothered that actions in this past, wont affect present day. it's considered "separate".
    Iron Horde orcs are pouring through the Dark Portal into your home. It will absolutely be affecting your present day... and you were just starting to make a sandwich. Jerks. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Legendary Cloak Effort
    The point of this thread is to state.... this is by far the most complcated time consuming Legendary ever in this game.
    Hah, well thanks for laying it out visually. I think we like how it worked out in essence, ultimately having something for even the LFR player to work toward over a long period of time is a great goal to have for people. Definitely a lot of lessons learned on how we can make steps feel less grindy, and maybe make the experience more cohesive. But having that kind of Legendary doesn't necessarily preclude us from also having a Legendary that's maybe class specific and more of a personal challenge like Fangs, or something like the Warlock green fire quest. We don't think it necessarily has to be one or the other. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    That's an answer to a different question. Currently spirit does nothing for mage, but something for SPriest.
    We allowed the Shadow conversion in a weak moment, but they had alternatives. Balance and Elemental did not. (Source)

Why the sweeping itemization changes for WoD? Lack of Agi/Str on secondary pieces halves the power.
    So we double the amount of attack power on an item? That's an easy tweak, not a reason to dislike the system IMO. (Source)
    AGI also increases crit. Without AGI on 1/3 of equipment this a major loss in effectiveness.
    Or we could just boost crit chance. Again, these seem to be easily solved details and not a reason to reject the design. (Source)

Unsure you're best to ask this, but: Will all of Draenor be explorable (achievement-wise) at expansion launch? Or not til 6.1?
    All at launch. Is this related to flying? (Source)

So since healer armour will be shared with dps, will the "Bonus" random stats affect healers too? Multistrike, cleave, etc.
    Yes. (Source)
    is the cleave stat going to affect healers and the way they heal?
    The idea is it could heal nearby targets like the SoO trinket. (Source)

Simple question. Will secondary stats be random on gear in WoD too? Chest of Awesome always has haste + mastery off 1st boss?
    For a raid boss drop, the secondary stats will likely be the same every time. May not be the case of other sources of loot. (Source)

Are Dodge and Parry getting rolled into Armor specifically as a stat?
    No. Tanks will have a fixed amount of dodge and parry, perhaps with CDs or procs that buff it temporarily. (Source)

Hearthstone Beta Patch 4243
    Hearthstone had another small patch this week with some bug fixes and mana cost increases for Mage cards that Freeze.

Dark Legacy Comics #420
    DLC #420 has been released.

Im a fan of all of the gear changes in Warlords thus far.

Clancy Brown.. hell yeah

Well at least we know there might be a good villain since they signed on The Kurgan/Cpt. Hadley/Hades

Clancy Brown??? My favorite Hong Kong Cavalier!

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Im a fan of all of the gear changes in Warlords thus far.
    LFR hero detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    LFR hero detected.

o snap

Sure showed him.

[/sarcasm off]

Deleted
    I can see Clancy Brown acting as Terenas. If Terenas is in the movie.

Is it only me who does not care about that movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Given his build, experience with voice acting (amazing Lex Luthor) and his presence, coupled with his age, I see Mr.Brown playing either King Llane or an Orc. Blackhand maybe? Or Orgrim Doomhammer?

Deleted
    Clancy Brown? TERENAS!!! HERE WE GO
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2013-12-19 at 12:41 PM.

ye sure - easy gear tweaks for crit and atack power and god knows what else ...ye ... like anyone will belive it ... class will be imbalanced liek hell >< this loot system looks worse and worse with each single blue post ><

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye sure - easy gear tweaks for crit and atack power and god knows what else ...ye ... like anyone will belive it ... class will be imbalanced liek hell >< this loot system looks worse and worse with each single blue post ><
    People are focusing on the first part of the equation and missing the second part. Yes, if the first boss now drops haste/mastery chest that your spec hates, In MoP, that would be a major issues since there might only be one other boss in the entire raid that drops a plate chest for your spec. But because everyone is sharing gear, the loot tables will be completely different. It might now be that every other boss drops a chest piece. There will still be a BIS for your spec, but there may be 7 bosses that drop upgrades. So maybe if this is the first week of a raid, yeah, that first boss drop with bad stats is an upgrade and you roll for it. But for the next 12 weeks, you have many chances each week to upgrade it with better stats from 6 different bosses.

My guess is that they are going to simply have every combination of secondary stats on every gear slot.

Boss 1 chest H/M
    Boss 3 chest H/C
    Boss 5 chest M/C
    Boss 7 Chest C/new stat1
    Boss 9 Chest H/new stat1
    Boss 11 Chest M/new stat1
    Boss 13 Chest H/new stat2

I don´t agree with them for eliminating reforging, but I think there will be enough ´side-grades´ within a tier to where we can get away from our worst stats pretty easily.

Deleted
    Clancy Brown is awesome in every way, and Daniel Wu was very good in Europa Report.

Getting hyped

He was the voice actor for Thrall in the Lord of the Clans game. I actually thought he was Grom's voice actor for a second in the Warlord's of Draenor announcement trailer. I think he will be voicing and motion capturing for an orc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ6tg1Id6-c#t=35

p.s.

THE KURGAN ROCKS

Last edited by Yig; 2013-12-19 at 01:35 PM.

The Kurgan!

THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY ONE!

Why are there no females in this movie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Yeah! Why are there no black guys? Asians? what about gays?! transsexuals?!! O.M.G. dis movie sucks! /s

There will probably be some women in the movie, but if there aren't, i think it won't end the world or bring never-before seen destruction to our planet, so chill, our species will survive, except for some feminists who might have strokes after seeing the lack of women in the movie.

OT: Teneras. Wow. I'm actually getting excited for this movie, didn't expect that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    You mean like Paula Patton? Why aren't there any conjoined twins in this movie? Why doesn't anyone in this movie have autism? Why aren't there openly gay and lesbian characters in this movie? Why aren't there any polygamists or asexuals in this movie? Where are the vegetarians? Oh, my heavens.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    DLC #420 : so true !