Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dishonorable kills

I wish they would add disshonorable kills like it was in vanilla.. then suckas wont kill low lvls on pvp realms.. VOTE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what it'd look like if Blizzard would add Dishonourable Kills -counter on your Armory Page.

Unless i'm mistaken didn't Dishonourable kills only come into play when you killed enemy village NPCs? Although I didn't care about my rank too much I just killed the shit out of people.

Anyway if you can't handle ganking, roll PvE server

Deleted
    You obviously didn't play much vanilla, you only got dishonorable kills from killing civilian npcs.

Deleted
    i know, i was mean that they could add disshonourable kills to pvp.. like it was with village npc.. rip good wow

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    I wish they would add disshonorable kills like it was in vanilla.. then suckas wont kill low lvls on pvp realms.. VOTE!
    I'd pretty sure it's not honor they want when they kill low lvls.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

i know, i was mean that they could add disshonourable kills to pvp.. like it was with village npc.. rip good wow
    If you want to avoid it go and play a PvE realm.

It's the way of the jungle on PvP realms

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    You obviously didn't play much vanilla, you only got dishonorable kills from killing civilian npcs.
    This. You didn't get honor if you killed players who were much lower than you, or players just coming out of instances or through portals / ganking someone more than 4 and later 10 (not entirely sure about the numbers) times in a short timeframe, but you didn't get dishonorable kills for players.

[e]
    I don't really see a reason for this to happen. Ganking and camping got out of control on pvp servers, because they became more and more unbalanced in terms of faction ratio, and because of flying mounts and "swooping ganks", as Blizz likes to call it. I don't think dishonorable kills would change anything about that.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-12-20 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I'd pretty sure it's not honor they want when they kill low lvls.
    Imo they just show that they suck at 90lvl's arenas/bg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Unless i'm mistaken didn't Dishonourable kills only come into play when you killed enemy village NPCs?
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Hmm...

DISHONOR POINTS
    Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and Alliance, there is honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP play, such as killing new players vastly inferior to you in level, or killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest givers, you will earn dishonor. If you accumulate enough dishonor through your criminal actions, you will be branded an outlaw. As a consequence, you'll suffer experience penalties, lose access to your own faction cities, and become so hated by even your own kind that every faction NPC will attack you on sight.

--World of Warcraft Manual

Civilian NPCs were added later to discourage griefing.

Deleted
    Imo they just show that they suck at 90lvl's arenas/bg
    Not really, they do it because they are bored so they try to provoke a reaction from you and they succeeded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hmm...

DISHONOR POINTS
    Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and Alliance, there is honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP play, such as killing new players vastly inferior to you in level, or killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest givers, you will earn dishonor. If you accumulate enough dishonor through your criminal actions, you will be branded an outlaw. As a consequence, you'll suffer experience penalties, lose access to your own faction cities, and become so hated by even your own kind that every faction NPC will attack you on sight.

Might say that, didn't work like that. We ganked tons of lowbies in Stranglethorn Vale while grinding high ranks and I only had 2-3 dishonorable kills.

Hmm...

DISHONOR POINTS

It was a long time ago but I don't remember getting them for killing lower level characters, although I didn't play during 1.0.0 I came in after launch vanilla

Never stopped us from killing lowbies if we felt like it. PvP at release wasn't about "points". If they were the opposite faction, you killed them without thinking twice no matter what level they were. If we decided we were going to go have some fun and lock down, let's say, Duskwood, we would do just that. Let the little guys call in their "big brothers" to stop us. That's how the majority of the original WPvP battles got started.

You used to have friends that you can call on. With the decay of the community these days, you're lucky if you have someone you can call in. Sucks to be leveling on a PvP server but you chose that server at creation.

EDIT: I wish people would stop crying about PvP happening on a PvP realm. VOTE!

Dishonorable kills would decrease gained honor. The thing is, dishonorable kills now don't give honor (when you kill a gray lvl). So those that do it, don't do it for honor.

So having dishonorable kills decrease honor will stop nothing...

On the other hand, having dishonorable kills decrease reputation with your factions, Horde or Alliance and having increased repair bills, increased AH cuts, increased mail taxes (if there are any). That would be something...

Add to that some vegetables throwers (like on the DK starting quest in stormwind or orgrimmar) to those that reach bottom reputation level by dishonorable kills and there you have it. Brilliant!
    Last edited by Heldamon; 2013-12-20 at 02:09 PM.

So then people would go for an achievement of most dishonorable kills?

tldr, people are asshats by nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    ^ Reroll or pay the transfer fee.

Nah. When I run around on my mage, i kindly put a living bomb on any low level i come by, and then just move on. Can't take it? Don't play on a pvp realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Nah. When I run around on my mage, i kindly put a living bomb on any low level i come by, and then just move on. Can't take it? Don't play on a pvp realm.
    That's how i am with my priest. I'd dot you once. If ya can live through it, good on ya. If not, welcome to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    No one's crying about PvP happening on a PvP realm, it's about idiots with no skill using the fact that it's a PvP realm as an excuse to kill people who could never hope to fight back. A dishonor system could easily work:

If someone's more than 10 levels lower than you, you can't initiate damage unless you use a directed attack (meaning you can't accidentally kill someone with aoe, nor they jump into your aoe deliberately. However, once you hit them with a direct attack assuming they survive it, they become vulnerable to all of your abilities. From there, on obtaining a killing blow on someone 10 or more levels lower you start a 30 second count down. At the end of which you suffer a stack-able debuff starting at 5 minutes per lower level player you killed in that that 30 seconds where all of your stats and gear are reduced to that of the lowest level of any players you killed more than 10 levels below your own. From here, you get what you claimed to want all along - PvP at the same level as the person you just ganked. If they kill you they can add an additional 5 minutes to your debuff a maximum of 3 times (15 minutes total regardless of how many you killed). For interests sake cap the lowbie ganking debuff to 45 minutes along with the possible 15 minutes of extensions to an absolute max of 60 minutes.

Should a higher level player gank you in your lower state, you're still whatever level you started with, so it will not debuff them, but it will not yield honor. Should you at 90 gank a level 70 first, then scaled to 70 gank a 50, a new 30 second timer will start and you will go down to 50, however your 60 minute maximum debuff will not be reset, however you will get closer to the maximum because of the additional 5 minutes from said kill.

Congrats, a system where you get a free kill on people, followed by having to fight them at their own level. Gankers should be delighted that they get that PvP they were hoping for, since it was their aim when they killed someone 82 levels lower than them, not just being a dick.
    Last edited by Ryve; 2013-12-20 at 02:24 PM.

DK's never stopped anyone unless they were Marshal/General or higher for the week.

Hmm...

DISHONOR POINTS

I played vanilla WoW and players didn't get dishonorable kills by killing low level players. A lot of things changed between the WoW beta and launch. That's something from the manual they clearly changed.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail