Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Tough shit.

    World PvP isn't about being on an equal footing, it's a brutal world full of potential danger. I find it exciting when leveling an alt on a PvP realm because of the constant threat which isn't otherwise present in the world.

    I might see a lvl 90 come sniffing around, and i'll run and hide behind or inside a building and hope they don't see me. It adds another element to the game

    People use it as an excuse to kill people who can't win? Should we ban people from fighting if they massively outgear them or if they are lower than 50% health too? Or if they're fighting a few mobs at the time?

    If you want fair PvP go into a PvE realm and fight in BGs. A PvP realm is a jungle, a dangerous place where you can die at any junction where you have to consider if it's even safer to stay on the roads or better to run through a bunch of mobs instead.
    Who is the danger presented to? Only people at lower levels, or people not travelling in groups of 5 or more at higher levels? Exciting...

    So your exciting solution is "run and cower in a corner"? Yeah, that's brilliant.

    Now you're making whiny excuses. Someone who has 5 mobs on them at the time can res, heal up and attack the one who killed them the first time. What can a level 30 character do?

    The key problem with your idiotic logic is if everyone wanting "fair PvP" moves over to PvE realms at this point, you likely won't have anyone left to gank. Nothing makes a PvP realm "safer" than having no one to kill in an entire zone. This is probably why they dicked around with what world PvP was with cross realms and then didn't offer any kind of migrations. 1. Milking people for paid migrations. 2. With free migrations where entire communities could select new servers, there's no reason to stick around on a PvP server for friends who can come with you for free.

  2. #42
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,701
    No. I kill low levels any time I see them. I don't camp them but I kill them and fly off. You shouldn't have picked alliance!
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  3. #43
    Pandaren Monk Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,868
    There's already a solution to ganking in place, they're called PvE realms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    Imo they just show that they suck at 90lvl's arenas/bg
    Killing low levels has nothing to do with skill. I'm not sure why players feel the need to generalize in an attempt to be witty. It's one of those comments people used to try to validate the fact that they died. You're quite ignorant if you think every griefer is bad at the game.

    And because you already are jumping to conclusions, I'll meet you there before you say it. I'm not a griefer and I don't advocate camping low levels. However, the most annoying thing I see on these forums is when someone gets upset and starts to say things that don't make sense.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  4. #44
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't mind the concept of DHK being tracked, but I haaaated how it impacted you in vanilla, especially since all it took was one guy in your raid group ganking the Southshore flightmaster than bam, don't expect to make rank this week.

    But then, if you add DHK without the penalty, then what's the point?
    Exactly. It served no purpose. If anything, world PVP picked up after they were removed because you could pick fights by spamming out World Defense. There were more drawbacks to the system then benefits, hence the removal.

  5. #45
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,562
    PvPers by and far don't care about honor points anyway beyond the first season.

    Unless something gives/takes away conquest points, a large number of PvPers aren't going to give a rat's ass about it.


    Now, if you were to make dishonorable kills decrease your conquest point cap, then it'd get some attention.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  6. #46
    I'd make new 90's just for this ^_^

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    I wish they would add disshonorable kills like it was in vanilla.. then suckas wont kill low lvls on pvp realms.. VOTE!
    Then simply don't just jump up and down while emoting at that 90 who's eyeing you from his mount up high. It invites trouble.

    In other news, I do support adding DKs again. However, that wouldn't stop players from ganking lowbies. Another problem was that it made raiding towns not as fun as they are now, so it'd need to be adjusted.

  8. #48
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Then simply don't just jump up and down while emoting at that 90 who's eyeing you from his mount up high. It invites trouble.

    In other news, I do support adding DKs again. However, that wouldn't stop players from ganking lowbies. Another problem was that it made raiding towns not as fun as they are now, so it'd need to be adjusted.
    Raiding towns by and far ceased to be fun when the only opposition you'd meet would be a constant stream of level 90 guards.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  9. #49
    As soon as they implement DHK I'll "sacrifice" my grand marshal just to annoy you and get as much DHK as I can
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  10. #50
    hehe, I can't believe there are people here defending the lowbie killing and calling it 'pvp'. How misguided do you have to be to think you are anywhere near 'macho' to let other people know you are actually killing players with no chance in hell to escape or fight back. Do your friends and family know this is how you spend your time on wow? Does your psychiatrist know about the killing and more importantly that you are actually writing about it in forums and defending it?

    Not only has there be a DHK system but guilds should also be affected from it.

  11. #51
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,042
    This wouldn't accomplish much.

    When dishonorable kills were in the game there was plenty of people on my server (myself included) who would purposely try to get as many as possible. They probably removed them for that very reason. Giving a trackable statistics that people who grief can be proud of isn't the best design lol.

  12. #52
    Pandaren Monk Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    hehe, I can't believe there are people here defending the lowbie killing and calling it 'pvp'. How misguided do you have to be to think you are anywhere near 'macho' to let other people know you are actually killing players with no chance in hell to escape or fight back. Do your friends and family know this is how you spend your time on wow? Does your psychiatrist know about the killing and more importantly that you are actually writing about it in forums and defending it?

    Not only has there be a DHK system but guilds should also be affected from it.
    It is PvP as Blizzard has stated in the past. Just because it upsets you and doesn't mach your definition of PvP, doesn't make it any less true.

    You're just being demeaning and you're making generalizations without any evidence that supports it. At this point you just sound upset and are willing to throw accusations that have nothing to do with what people are saying.

    Also, I want you to read this and tell me how many fallacies your argument falls under.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-12-21 at 10:37 AM.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    hehe, I can't believe there are people here defending the lowbie killing and calling it 'pvp'.
    It's pvp as long as there's live person playing both characters, no?

    BTW it's named pvp not pvpwegsichwaos (player versus player with eqial gear, skill, internet connection, hardware and other suff). Is it?
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    hehe, I can't believe there are people here defending the lowbie killing and calling it 'pvp'. How misguided do you have to be to think you are anywhere near 'macho' to let other people know you are actually killing players with no chance in hell to escape or fight back. Do your friends and family know this is how you spend your time on wow? Does your psychiatrist know about the killing and more importantly that you are actually writing about it in forums and defending it?

    Not only has there be a DHK system but guilds should also be affected from it.
    PVP = player vs player. Lowbies are players so i don't understand how you can not call it pvp.

    The rest of your post i can not take seriously. I question if you are the age at which reasoning skills start to develope. You ask if i my psychiatrist knows i gank, i ask if your doctor knows how far you had to reach up your ass to pull out this post.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post

    EDIT: I wish people would stop crying about PvP happening on a PvP realm. VOTE!
    Actually, that is not PvP. Its PvC, Player vs Critter. Critter has no chance to defend himself. When one-shotted.PvP is meant to be combat against equally/close level enemy, not this crap.

  16. #56
    Debuff "Dishonorable kill" stacks to 1000, each stack increases damage taken by 10% and honor gained for whoever kills you by 50%, at 5 stacks you are unable to fly, at 20 unable to mount at all. 30 minute duration

    Hey look, i just fixed ganking.
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  17. #57
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    I wish they would add disshonorable kills like it was in vanilla.. then suckas wont kill low lvls on pvp realms.. VOTE!
    Problem was people farmed DKs back then. Hell some people farmed anti-faction with any they could.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    It's pvp as long as there's live person playing both characters, no?

    BTW it's named pvp not pvpwegsichwaos (player versus player with eqial gear, skill, internet connection, hardware and other suff). Is it?
    You mean just like player vs player really means player vs raid?
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  19. #59
    Pandaren Monk Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Actually, that is not PvP. Its PvC, Player vs Critter. Critter has no chance to defend himself. When one-shotted.PvP is meant to be combat against equally/close level enemy, not this crap.
    Blizzard disagrees. Their response to ganking lowbies has always been that it's still PvP.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Support (Blue Tracker)
    PvP Realm Policies

    The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

    • Corpse camping.
    • Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    • Killing players well below your level.



    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,105
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I played vanilla WoW and players didn't get dishonorable kills by killing low level players. A lot of things changed between the WoW beta and launch. That's something from the manual they clearly changed.
    I played from launch, when WOW first released You got DK from killing players greater than 10 levels lower than you. They also had it set that too much DK lowered your faction standing with all factions. They quickly added NPCs to the DK list, however because PVP servers wanted to gank lowbies without consequence, they changed it to only NPCs. This all happened in the first 6 months. I only ever saw one player with maxed DK status. He was a human player and all the town guards in Iron Forge attacked him. He was green to me, so I know he didn't have the Orb of deception. (You would look like the other faction, but you were still red.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Hey, I welcome anyone that feels ganking a level 20 when they are level 90 to please put your character name and realm up; since you love pvp so much, and PvP realms are all about PvP, I'm sure you wouldn't mind more PvP to go with your PvP.
    Ok wall of Text.

    Kompressor (Gnome Warlock)- Emerald Dream, if I see a goblin no matter the level it is dead, if I see a tauren no matter the level it is dead and I plant the guild flag on it's body. If I see a Hunter, or a rogue they are dead as well. Granted I don't go out looking for lowbies, but if for any reason I see one in my hangout areas while I'm doing gnome things then boom I kill them.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-12-21 at 01:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •