Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    I wish they would add disshonorable kills like it was in vanilla.. then suckas wont kill low lvls on pvp realms.. VOTE!
    You didn't get dishonorable kills from killing low lvls, you got them from killing NPC's.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hmm...

    DISHONOR POINTS
    Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and Alliance, there is honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP play, such as killing new players vastly inferior to you in level, or killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest givers, you will earn dishonor. If you accumulate enough dishonor through your criminal actions, you will be branded an outlaw. As a consequence, you'll suffer experience penalties, lose access to your own faction cities, and become so hated by even your own kind that every faction NPC will attack you on sight.

    --World of Warcraft Manual

    Civilian NPCs were added later to discourage griefing.
    If that was in the game, it was only until the very first patch, not long enough for it to effect even one person.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  3. #83
    I remember dishonorable kills ruining some peoples PVP ranks but you really had to go out of your way to do it lol. I don't see them coming back.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I like all the people saying that they killed lowbies because "That's how WPvP Started" its the same excuse as to why people claimed they twinked out rogues in the 11-19 and 21-29 level range years ago. You can lie about challenge and how you hope it will put you against people with equal footing...However it usually means you're terrible and you need to make yourself feel better by beating up on those who have no chance of winning. If Blizzard brought back Dishonorable Kills the way the OP mentions...it would do little more than make the vocal minority on PvP Realms cry about how Blizzard doesn't care about PvP and only wants people to concentrate on PvE and how it's not fair that they can't start the "Epic WPvP Battles" like back in Vanilla.
    Hi and welcome to wow, you clearly didn't play back then but that is EXACTLY how it worked.
    A max level toon would come in and wreck an out of the way town (Tarren Mill, Southshore, Goldshire, Crossroads etc. etc.), 15 minutes later there would be 60 max levels from both factions. It was glorious and would routinely last for hours.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiEvans View Post
    I must say I agree, even thought I don't hate PvP, killing low lvl players are still dishonorable, and should be treated as such. If ppl want to PvP it's fine, but try to attack someone your own lvl, who actually have a chance of fighting back.
    I think most ppl who attack low-lvls are afraid to get their asses kicked, so they attack weaker people who stand no chance against them, all so they can feel strong and mighty, and overcome the insecurity from school where they were being bullied.
    Good job putting that online psychology degree to work!

  6. #86
    If dishonorable kills actually had a negative impact on the players earning them, said players would just make level 1 rogues to try to get killed by higher level players already in combat. You can never fully stop griefers from doing what they do. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you can move on.

  7. #87
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiEvans View Post
    I think most ppl who attack low-lvls are afraid to get their asses kicked, so they attack weaker people who stand no chance against them, all so they can feel strong and mighty, and overcome the insecurity from school where they were being bullied.
    This is why we can't discuss things here. Because people like you come into the thread making over the top generalizations based off of nothing.

    But here, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Show me some studies and your degree in psychology that brought you to this obnoxious conclusion.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  8. #88
    I rerolled from PvE to PvP because I wanted a PvP solution to Allies dancing in front of UC.

    I've been ganked plenty of times, and I've ganked plenty of times. PvP is cool with me. Red is dead, but I'm a once or twice and move on kind of player.

    If you spend your game time looking for lowbies to gank and camp, then you're a tool.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaio View Post
    I rerolled from PvE to PvP because I wanted a PvP solution to Allies dancing in front of UC.

    I've been ganked plenty of times, and I've ganked plenty of times. PvP is cool with me. Red is dead, but I'm a once or twice and move on kind of player.

    If you spend your game time looking for lowbies to gank and camp, then you're a tool.
    Ooh so we're tools if we camp more than you deem enough

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    I wish they would add disshonorable kills like it was in vanilla.. then suckas wont kill low lvls on pvp realms.. VOTE!
    Did you even play in vanilla?

    You didn't get dishonorable kills for killing lowbies, you got them for killing like quest NPCs and shit. You never got them for killing other players.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2013-12-22 at 04:55 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

  11. #91
    With dishonorable kills, city raids were hard to recruit because people who were serious about getting a PVP title did not want to risk any DHs. With city raids there was always an idiot who lagged behind instead of running straight to the faction boss, and started killing NPCs (who keep spawning endlessly) and racking up DHs for everyone.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hmm...

    DISHONOR POINTS
    Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and Alliance, there is honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP play, such as killing new players vastly inferior to you in level, or killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest givers, you will earn dishonor. If you accumulate enough dishonor through your criminal actions, you will be branded an outlaw. As a consequence, you'll suffer experience penalties, lose access to your own faction cities, and become so hated by even your own kind that every faction NPC will attack you on sight.

    --World of Warcraft Manual

    Civilian NPCs were added later to discourage griefing.
    Was it pre-beta manual?

    Quote Originally Posted by WOW 1.6 Manual
    DISHONORABLE KILL
    Even among enemies as bitter as the Horde and Alliance, there is honor. If you flaunt this honor and engage in objectionable PvP play, such as killing essential non-combat NPCs such as flight masters or quest givers, you will earn dishonor. Visit http://wow-europe.com/en/pvp/pvp-article-part2.html for detailed information.
    Edit1:
    Quote Originally Posted by link from previous quote
    Player versus player battles are always best when played out between opposing forces of equal level. Thus, our system creates incentives to attack foes around your level. And it also does not reward those who kill players far below their level. If the player or PvP-enabled NPC you kill is trivial (i.e. gray to you), then you won't get an Honorable Kill. In fact, if you kill an NPC who is not PvP-enabled or who is PvP-enabled and trivial, you will gain a Dishonorable Kill. This exacts a penalty on those who, for whatever reason, kill trivial NPC bystanders. To make it easier to identify a potential Dishonorable Kill, such NPCs will be labeled as "civilians" in their tooltip. Note that dishonor does not apply to killing players, regardless of their level.
    Edit2:
    Second quote is dated by 12 Mar 2005. Too bad it's first archive available on web.
    Last edited by Serissa; 2013-12-22 at 08:49 AM.
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  13. #93
    Brewmaster Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,344
    Love all the people saying ganking lowbies is just 'part of' pvp servers. I highly doubt that Blizzard was sitting around in a meeting and someone said, "Hey guys! Let's intentionally make a rule where you can be repeatedly killed and kept from playing our game by other players and there's NOTHING you can do about it! That sounds like fun!". No, that's not how things were intended, pvp servers are for people who want to enjoy pvp in the world, either between leveling characters, or max levels doing dailies, not genocide against the helpless. The lowbie-ganking parasites will continue to make their home there regardless however, and will do their best to justify their sad existence.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all."

    -God (Futurama)

  14. #94
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    No, that's not how things were intended, pvp servers are for people who want to enjoy pvp in the world, either between leveling characters, or max levels doing dailies, not genocide against the helpless.
    So what I get from this is: "I don't like it, therefore nobody should like it. My opinion is the only right one.".

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    The lowbie-ganking parasites will continue to make their home there regardless however, and will do their best to justify their sad existence.
    The whining carebares will continue to make their home there regardless however, and will do their best to justify their sad existence.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  15. #95
    I love reading people posts from people saying "GANKERS ARE PATHETIC SCUM AND ONLY GANK BECAUSE THEY ARE SHIT!"

    You realise it is a Videogame based around factions, you realise some people just find it fun to kill everything they possibly can, you realise a large number of top PvP'ers love to gank people that are far below their skill/gear level. You realise there are PvE servers, you realise you are just whinging crybabies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    How about we wait till we're actually playing it before we go into estimating the amount of content in comparison to expansion x and how little it is and how bad it is and how feature y doesn't count because some people don't care about it and those people that like it don't count because they don't matter for some obscure reason?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    PVP = player vs player. Lowbies are players so i don't understand how you can not call it pvp.

    The rest of your post i can not take seriously. I question if you are the age at which reasoning skills start to develope. You ask if i my psychiatrist knows i gank, i ask if your doctor knows how far you had to reach up your ass to pull out this post.
    You know, that would have been funny if it hadn't been used to death already (the reach up my ass thing). I promise you that if you try and come up with own things to say, even if its not as brilliant and smart as the 'reach up my ass', you will get a lot more respect from people around you. Going around repeating funny things you read online is kind of at the same level as killing lowbies and defending it on a forum. Sometimes it has its place though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It is PvP as Blizzard has stated in the past. Just because it upsets you and doesn't mach your definition of PvP, doesn't make it any less true.

    You're just being demeaning and you're making generalizations without any evidence that supports it. At this point you just sound upset and are willing to throw accusations that have nothing to do with what people are saying.

    Also, I want you to read this and tell me how many fallacies your argument falls under.
    Oh damn! I tried to read some of that wiki stuff but it was clearly above what I can grasp this time of day. Thanks though!

    So yes I voiced my opinion, and your argument against it is that others have one as well? =) And then you give me a link to wiki about failed logic? You are hilarious! =) =)

  17. #97
    I can see it now.. An Achievement.

    "Kill 150,000 newbs"
    Title Reward: "The Dishonored"

  18. #98
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Europe, Somewhere
    Posts
    36
    Okay so before I start my whole rant, despite not being an avid PvP'er (Most of my PvP'ing was done on Kul-Tiras and to people unaware, it is a PvE server so PvP'ing can only be symbiotic, ie. you cannot PvP others unless they agree on said PvP terms - PvE servers allow for gankfree environments (except for hostile/contested zones where you can still PvP for obvious reasons).

    Yes you can PvP and you CAN play on a PvP server and have issues with gankers, but firstly you need to take this into account BEFORE you roll an alt on a PvP server. the PvP servers are DESIGNED to let people fight each other at their leisure, without any game mechanical restraints such as PvP'flagging.

    then suckas wont kill low lvls on pvp realms.. VOTE!
    You're preaching to the choir when you ask for a less toxic environment, but lets realize it, the game works best with these BM mechanics, as it appeals to a wider audience, and alienating outspoken people with intentions of blazing their egos up in the face of others to express their superiority, just for the sake of creating a pure and cleaner PvP environment will ruin the fun and excitement.

    But what about manner and etiquette ?
    Well if you ever watched videos of old football players in America, all they did was score a touchdown and then scoot down to their own redzone and prepare for kickoffs, instead of celebratory (no fun league don't allow for taunting, unfortunately) victory dances that we see with modern football players.

    Etiquette ?
    Once again you're applying logics that not necessarily work with this audience. PvP is about banter and egoism (blasting yourself on a LADDER, which works in the way of "not competing for top dps but to be THE BEST

    I realize you weren't mentioning manner and etiquette and as such these quoteds aren't attributed to you but are just made up to bring some clarity to the general issues non-pvp'ers have on a PvP server.

    sorry for the long message

    TL;DR

    Do not roll a toon on a PvP server unless you're prepared for the ganking in Hellfire peninsula & Mount Hyjal.

    Have a nice day.

  19. #99
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    So yes I voiced my opinion, and your argument against it is that others have one as well? =) And then you give me a link to wiki about failed logic? You are hilarious! =) =)
    You claimed something wasn't PvP and I told you that according to Blizzard it is. You know Blizzard made the game, right? They have the power to dictate what is and isn't PvP. You're entitled to your opinion of what you think PvP is, but to come into a thread trying to force your wrong definition of it onto others is just silly. And yes, making bland baseless generalizations about people who think otherwise is forcing it onto others.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    You know, that would have been funny if it hadn't been used to death already (the reach up my ass thing). I promise you that if you try and come up with own things to say, even if its not as brilliant and smart as the 'reach up my ass', you will get a lot more respect from people around you. Going around repeating funny things you read online is kind of at the same level as killing lowbies and defending it on a forum. Sometimes it has its place though.
    Oh look another pot calling the kettle black.

    I don't quite understand your post past "you are unoriginal". Are trying to tell me that using phrases that are not my own is bad? If so who are you to determine which phrases are worthy of respect. And what makes you think that because you view something as "unworthy" that everyone else does? If i view a phrase has having relevance that fits within the context of what i am writing i will use it regardless of your opinion on its "worthiness" of respect with regards to those around me which i can not fathom how you came by their personalities and sense of humor. How do you know what i find funny for that matter? I could find the phrase in complete distaste and felt as though it fit there perfectly.

    I'm a bit curious about the part you snuck in with "at the same level as killing lowbies and defending it on a forum" i assume you are using it in a degrading manner so you are pretty much resorting to insulting those who share a different opinion than you? Also where is this scale at which you can compare funny things you find online to killing lowbies?
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-12-22 at 11:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •