Thread: MW in WoD

MW in WoD

Does anyone have any links/info on how MW will be looking in WoD playwise?

I've got one that's about to ding 90, because I wanted a healer and wanted to try a class I haven't played yet. While they're pretty cool with the usage of Chi/ManaTea, I really feel like I lack any solid control on healing. It's more of a "cast and pray" approach with all the "smart healing" and it doesn't really give me the feeling that I'm actually healing so much as pressing the buttons I'm supposed to be pressing and hoping it all works out.

This is of course a comparison based on my experience with other healers where there seems to be much more control, targeted healing and efficiency.

Does anyone know if MW is going to stay this way in WoD, or do they plan on changing them at all? If they don't change it, I'll probably get a free 90 Pally when WoD releases. The wishy-washy feel of MW just doesn't give me the feel like I'm a part of the group so much as I am "that guy pressing those buttons he's supposed to be pressing."

It's hard to explain the feeling, but I'm sure if you've healed on other classes and compare you can get what I'm trying to say.

How do they fare in a raiding environment?

Thanks everyone.

I know exactly how you feel, I've just started running flex to practice my offspec mistweaver after collecting some gear from flex/normals and you never feel like you're doing much :P Ended up pulling 98k HPS which is reasonable I think for a newbie but It just felt like I wasn't even healing anyone. Just spamming like 3-4 moves indirectly, only fun bit was Torpedoing through people xD

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    I know exactly how you feel, I've just started running flex to practice my offspec mistweaver after collecting some gear from flex/normals and you never feel like you're doing much :P Ended up pulling 98k HPS which is reasonable I think for a newbie but It just felt like I wasn't even healing anyone. Just spamming like 3-4 moves indirectly, only fun bit was Torpedoing through people xD
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. I no longer have my account with my Pally/Priest/Shaman (and my Druid is sadly on another server) otherwise I'd just grab one of those. I just wanted to try something new, but the feeling of "I have to keep casting these spells even if they're not necessary if I want to be useful when it is necessary" even at the cost of absurd overhealing just doesn't sit well with me

I feel there's a lot of potential for the spec, I just hope they tap into that in some way.

I rolled a monk from the start of MoP and found to love mistweaver healing. But over time I just got tired of not feeling like I'm contributing, even though our hps was the best or at least second. And then the more and more I raided with my mistweaver I just felt like I couldn't heal who needed to be healed right then and there effectively. I would have to hope renewing mists would hit the target I wanted to heal 10-15 seconds ago. Thats why towards SoO I rerolled holy priest (yes I know disc is better) but I'm having so much fun as a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    I rolled a monk from the start of MoP and found to love mistweaver healing. But over time I just got tired of not feeling like I'm contributing, even though our hps was the best or at least second. And then the more and more I raided with my mistweaver I just felt like I couldn't heal who needed to be healed right then and there effectively. I would have to hope renewing mists would hit the target I wanted to heal 10-15 seconds ago. Thats why towards SoO I rerolled holy priest (yes I know disc is better) but I'm having so much fun as a priest.
    Glad I'm not the only one feeling like that. Hopefully they'll make some changes while keep the base "feel" of the spec.

Deleted
    http://bestmonk.eu/

This is a compendium of everything known so far about MW in Warlords, mostly covers the new stance. I'll be keeping it as up to date as possible.