Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    - I love the TV show Game of Thrones, and I know the books are amazing and probably something you'll recommend, but these are the only books I won't read until I've finished the TV-show.
    I too thought like this. I came across the story when GoT debuted on tv. Watched the 1st and 2nd seasons and thought i'd only get the books at the end, not to spoil the experience. But then I came across a huge promotion on the complete collection of the 5 books, bought them and read them all in little more than one week.

Oh boy, how I was wrong. There's a myriad of details that the series don't tell or are too subtle that only someone how read the books will notice that it blew my mind.

More recently, when the 3rd season arrived, I watched it all from the beginning with my GF, so i could get her hooked on the show, and it just made for a better experience. Plus it gave me an entirely new view on all the crazy theories (lr=j, i'm looking at you).

Plus, how can you watch all the episodes out so far and not want to know all that is publicly known about the story so far? (even more with that cliffhanger almost-ending that was the red wedding)

A Song of Ice and Fire NOT Game od Thrones, is the greatest book series i have ever read. It is also the hardest. I felt completly emotionally worn out after readiing it. But i'm glad i did.

The first 3-4 books of the Sword of Truth are really good. After that, it goes downhill fast.

If you havent already, you should read The Silmarillon. The Children of Hurin (part of the Silmarillon) is one of the greatest story ever.

Narnia is good also. Until you get to the last book and realize: Oh my god! I just read the Bible!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bartimaeus Trilogy and the Artimis Fowl series (Kinda sci-fi ish, but there's fairy tail elements in them, and a time-skip in one of the later books). That's about what I have on my must-read list.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Hercules comes to mind :P
    The Disney version, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The Disney version, at least.
    Disney maybe, but in the original myths Hercules is far from a zero. His conception caused drama on Olympus and Earth, the events of his birth created the Milky Way (as understood at that time) and granted him super-powers.

One of the best zero to hero trilogies that I have read is Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams. From what you are looking for in reading I think that series would be right up your alley.