Deleted

Question Is it Okay to Have Psychotic Thoughts

You'd never act on them, of course (I hope!), but I'm really hoping I'm not alone in this and that I am still sane.

For example, last night I was making tea for us and grabbed the boiling kettle off the stove and walked over to the other counter to pour it into the mugs. As I was doing this, my dog was standing in the middle of the kitchen. I had a flash of "what would happen if I poured this boiling water over the dog?" It actually gives me the creeps to even picture what would happen, but the thought occurred nonetheless.

Another example is if I'm in the living room cutting something with the sewing scissors and my mom is sitting right next to me. I have a flash of "what if I stabbed her in the leg with these scissors?" Again, I'd never, ever do it, but the thought goes through my head anyhow.

Final example. I'm driving down the road and there is a steep cliff to my right. "What if I just drove off this cliff?" I don't do it, of course, but I start wondering what the outcome would be.

These thoughts happen about once every few days. Sometimes they are horrible enough that I have to immediately distract myself because I'm horrified at the thought I just had and if I allow a mental image to form, I might get very upset.

So, should I admit myself?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't an appropriate topic here.