10+ Year Old Account

Super excited about WoD raiding.

I dont know about you guys but Im excited AF to get to 100 asap and start raiding. New items, new trinkets, and new content. I remember at blizzcon when they announced 20 man raiding and the reasoning why was because they wanted to try out some fun new mechanics but since there will be 1 standard raid size there will be new mechanics. There seem to be along of complainy threads I for one am optimistic for the new expansion. With the success of SoO I dont even know what else they could throw at us. Bring it on Blizz.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Um with success of SoO?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Some might laugh at this, but I have been retired for about a year & ½ and the thing that excites me the most is redesigned character models and the only reason I'll give the expansion a chance.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

It's pretty much forced me into quitting after SoO. There is no way I'm going to raid lead 20 people and deal with a whining bench every night. I can see it being fun if everyone is amazing and has the right mindset, but that is not the case for a lot of 10 man guilds that will disband before WoD. I envy the dps that just get to sit back, not say anything, and have pretty much no responsibilities other than don't be an idiot an make big numbers happen. Mythic will probably be fun for them.

The other option is to stomp all over "heroic" mode in 1.5 months and...do absolutely nothing the rest of the tier. I suppose the third option is to go casual and become an LFR hero but screw that.

My guild is definitely not going to be able to support a mythic team, at least not a good one. The top guilds on the realm my server got connected to have already started the poaching spree. If at the end of the tier only like 4-6 bosses died on mythic, it is in no way worth it. It will be like 25m is now, only the good ones still exist. All the semi-hardcore 25mans have been extinct for years. Being a tank, finding another guild is exceptionally difficult. Tank spots almost never open, while dps and healers are very expendable.

What I don't understand was, what was wrong with the WotLK raiding model? Why can't we just have that back? I was perfectly fine back then just going about my business in 10 man joke mode. It's heroics were challenging enough that it still lasted the whole tier. But now my choice is to be miserable in 20 man mythic, or be bored farming heroic mode for 4 months.

As far as these "new" mechanics are concerned, class based mechanics sound really lame, generic, and boring. And the other mechanics that could not be implemented because of 10 man's limitations sounds good on paper right? I'm willing to bet that will just lead to a bunch of bosses like Tortos, Lei Shi, Amber Shaper, Norushen, and Immerseus. I.e the type of bosses Ion's team likes to make for the purpose of a creative and artistic statement rather than the enjoyment of the players.

Im pretty sure 20man raiding is Mythic only but yeah! Im stoked for this expansion for sure.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Im excited for almost all aspects of WoD. I generally give raiding a go at the start of each expansion if I deeply enjoy it I raid for that expansion with a little PvP on the side. If I don't enjoy the raiding like I didn't in MoP I just PvP a lot. But for sure the start of expansions is my favorite part of raiding!

I too, am very excited for this next expansion. I very much approve of the direction they're taking the gear in the future. The mandatory min/max optimum gems/enchants/reforging got tiring. While I expect there to be an "optimum" gear choice for the progressive folks, hopefully they can keep other choices fairly close to give a more customizable playstyle.

I don't think many folks had the opportunity to have an experience like this in the past, as a warrior tank in LK, I did. As my guild was progressing through Naxx and then Ulduar, I made an effort to collect every piece of +def gear I could find. As I recall at the time, stam + armor was the way to go while progressing through content (which I did). However, I put together a gear set to become "unhittable" - all attacks were mitigated in some way as my combined block, parry, and dodge was (I think) 102.4%. I could run through heroics and 10 mans with little to no healing, making for some very quick clear times. Eventually the gear set was even required to (easily) do H Anub in Trial of Champions. Be nice to have flavor like that come back.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Um with success of SoO?
    Sure it wasn't at the level of Ulduar/ICC/ToT but it was still a good raid when it comes to lore/atmosphere/bosses and I'm personally enjoying most of the fights still, especially the later bosses.

Yep, really looking forward for the raids in WoD. They've started a nice trend of succesful raids.

I'm starting to get serious about my raiding again. I used to be a hardcore, 25m Heroicer during WotLK, but PvP and RPing and doing other stuff like proffesions and social grabbed my attention away. WoD will be a fresh start.

Deleted
    I'll come back for WoD to raid my ass off. Been gone for 4 months now.
    Just hearing about Heroic mode being flexible makes me want to believe raiding can happen again without spamming TC for that last tank or healer.
    Normal (flex) mode looks too easy tough :/
    Since I haven't done SoO, I can't wait to kill some orcs.

Deleted
    success of Soo?

explain how it was a success please

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not so exited,especially because raid sizes change. I don't really care about normal/heroic. Mythic is where my challange lays, however i don;t know how it's going to look for my guild since we need 13 more ppl (with reservers roster).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    success of Soo?

explain how it was a success please
    SoO was a great raid, and so was ToT. MSV/HoF/ToES not so much imo but MoP has been a great expansion for raiders.

Just because you don't like doesn't mean it wasn't a success, gotta step out of that little bubble you're in buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Sure it wasn't at the level of Ulduar/ICC/ToT but it was still a good raid when it comes to lore/atmosphere/bosses and I'm personally enjoying most of the fights still, especially the later bosses.

Yep, really looking forward for the raids in WoD. They've started a nice trend of succesful raids.
    I'd put it on par with ICC tbh; they are very similar raids. SoO is slightly worse lorewise but that's about it.

Deleted
    I'm more excited if i'm not forced to run LFR for decent gear and could get "decent" gear from 5-man dungeons. IMO it sucks that they use that "no you cant get any other content than mega huge raids because raaaaaiiidddssss" excuse.

Oh, one can only hope...

I hope they remove the stupid LFR system....or make it as if its not the only option to get decent gear in WOD....i liked the way they did in cata...MoP just ruined it for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa-Maree View Post
    I hope they remove the stupid LFR system....or make it as if its not the only option to get decent gear in WOD....i liked the way they did in cata...MoP just ruined it for me!
    LFR Isn't an or the option, to get "decent" gear.

Normal mode is still normal mode, so in terms of a raider, that is well..."normal" gear, flex and LFR and thus below average, of course if you ONLY raid LFR, then LFR gear becomes BiS in ways, and so on, I'm not trying to be offensive to people who just run LFR, if thats your thing, great, play how you want, I only run Flex these days, but may step back into real raiding in WoD, so to the point, in the bigger picture, LFR isn't really decent gear.

It's going to be interesting to watch how Mythic plays out with class mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I'd put it on par with ICC tbh; they are very similar raids. SoO is slightly worse lorewise but that's about it.
    You mean slightly better since the end of ICC is a huge contradiction to why we were able to beat him in the first place.
    He could kill us when he wanted
    Tested us to see if we were strong
    tried to raise us as strongest army
    Must always be a lich king because he already had an unbeatable army that would destroy the world if nobody was in control.

Dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    im hoping they have some more awesome mechanics in store for us im optimistic
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done