Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Spam kicking in LFR

    So I'm a death knight. (Profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erine/advanced )

    I do pretty much exclusively LFR, since I came back to WoW a month ago; my ilvl is too low for Flex (LFM FLEX ilvl 545+ MUST HAVE leg cloak!) pugs and being out of the loop for so long I don't feel I could lead a flex group myself. Now, my DPS isn't the greatest (~170k), but unless someone walks into my LFR group with normal gear on, I'm almost always top 3 DPS. I switch to adds, I DPS adds (WHAAAAAT?! A melee switching targets?!). I pay attention to mechanics and don't die to avoidable damage: I open prisons on Sha (and don't even die to pride explosions), I run Thok down the hallway, I've even been known to AMS and wade into the corrupted Gorehowl because gods know LFR ranged won't kill it, etc etc.

    Here's the thing... for all the effort I put into raiding, even if it is LFR (I use strength food and flasks, although I don't use potions because they are really expensive w/o an alchemist alt), I seem to get kicked from raids really frequently. I don't smack talk. I don't go afk. I do my job (and more!). So I don't understand what's going on. I mean, I just come out of a LFR Sha of Pride wipe where I was kicked literally TWO SECONDS after the raid wiped. I clicked release to run back and zoned into the Vale not being part of a group.

    Do people just hate DK's that much this expansion? This happens to me all the time! Last week it took me literally all day to finish ONE WING of LFR SOO. I kept getting randomly kicked. I don't understand it, and it's pretty disheartening. Doesn't help I can't get into a competent guild because I don't have the legendary cloak yet and they're all halfway through heroic so I'd be vastly undergeared (and my old raiding credentials from BC/Wrath/Cata don't matter anymore because LOLDK'S CAN SOLO EVERYTHING; apparently reading achievement dates is hard).

    Thoughts? Explanations?
    Last edited by Veredyn; 2013-12-21 at 06:13 AM.
    χειμερινός εἰμί

  2. #2
    Some possibilities:

    1) You're a asshole/troll/dick
    2) You AFK
    3) You're bottom DPS
    4) You die a lot
    5) You're a Blood Elf

    There's probably a reason, I'm guessing the most likely is 4. So, here's my suggestion, never speak in LFR or otherwise make yourself stand out. Be completely selfish to avoid dying, run with the herd, and it helps to have a basic mechanical understanding of fights prior to going in if you have not already done that. Most importantly, if you accidentally pull a boss make sure you're standing in a group of people and don't hit the boss or try to fix it (such as killing yourself to reset it.)

    LFR is pretty toxic unfortunately, and the only way to survive it is to be selfish and further contribute to the shitfest.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-12-21 at 06:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Some possibilities:

    1) You're a asshole/troll/dick
    2) You AFK
    3) You're bottom DPS
    4) You die a lot
    5) You're a Blood Elf
    I covered one through four in my post... so the most logical explanation so far is 5. Which is kind of ridiculous.

    I wish I could provide parses, but I don't even remember how, let alone my login info.
    χειμερινός εἰμί

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I covered one through four in my post... so the most logical explanation so far is 5. Which is kind of ridiculous.
    I assumed that you had a personal bias in favor of yourself. There's always two sides.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    There's always two sides.
    This is true, but in this case my former hardcore raiding background betrays me: no matter how faceroll LFR is, I suit up, shut up, and do my godsdamned job when I zone in.
    χειμερινός εἰμί

  6. #6
    I've never seen this happen before. The only people I ever see get kicked are people who stir up too much trouble in chat, go AFK, or (in rare cases) underperform after several wipes.

  7. #7
    Epic! Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,619
    That seems strange to say the least. I've only ever seen really bad dps kicked, or afks. Not even trash talkers are kicked it seems.

  8. #8
    missing 1 single readycheck

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    1) You're a asshole/troll/dick
    2) You AFK
    3) You're bottom DPS
    4) You die a lot
    5) You're a Blood Elf
    you did forget 6) you're a dk.
    I have seen people trying to kick dks for no reason other than dks.

    OP, I have no idea without being in one of your groups. Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble.

  10. #10
    No-one who shuts up and performs adequately ever gets kicked (well extremely rarely). I can't imagine we are getting the whole story.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No-one who shuts up and performs adequately ever gets kicked (well extremely rarely). I can't imagine we are getting the whole story.
    Have to agree here.
    I mean... maybe the odd event can pop up where a bunch of guildies are trolling, or they misclick on someone else they wanted to kick, or 2nd in dps in asks his friends to kick you so he can be first, or something similar silly. But you say it happens somewhat frequently which would imply you're the unluckiest person to bump into all these obscure kicks, or you're not telling us something.

    Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

  12. #12
    In all fairness you come out as a decent lfr-person, and i tend to believe what people say.
    That being said, it sounds really odd. It's often rather hard getting a person kicked. Yesterday i was in a lfr, with some hunter pulling too much trash several times over. He got called out and came with a snide remark to it.
    Tank refused to tank to he was kicked. Didn't even get him kicked in those 20 minutes we waited for it. I tend to get the people that really bothers me, kicked, but it's not EASY.

    People will state it really clear in chat if it's something that makes you get kicked all the time, since most don't pay attention to anything, nor the reason to the wipes.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  13. #13
    I didn't think it was possible to be kicked literally 2 seconds after a combat has ended, something about a restriction that prevents you from voting to kick someone a while after combat, and then comes the time to get enough kick votes to initiate the popup, and having people click it.

    Did you check the log to see what kind of group removal message you got?

  14. #14
    It doesn't make sense. Back, during Cata, I would see people try kick people of their own class, to limit the competition on loot. Now, the only time I see people getting kicked is if they are /afk or asshats.
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Pilkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    610
    It takes 5 different people to kick you, unless you're doing something blatantly annoying that everyone can see like afking forever or just being a general nobhead then chat will be spammed with people asking to kick you for whatever the reason is.

    I've never ever seen anyone get kicked just for being a dk or blood elf

  16. #16
    It definitely seems very strange for that to happen, the only people I've seen get kicked in LFR are people who go out of their way to die to stupid things or to make the raid a miserable experience for others.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BaZERGer View Post
    I didn't think it was possible to be kicked literally 2 seconds after a combat has ended, something about a restriction that prevents you from voting to kick someone a while after combat, and then comes the time to get enough kick votes to initiate the popup, and having people click it.

    Did you check the log to see what kind of group removal message you got?
    This.... you can`t get kicked right after a wipe/combat. so unless you where afk, not taking a ress and missed the resdy check fter being afk for a while i don`t see this story being true.

    if im not mistaken i think you have to wait 5 min. before you can kick someone after combat.
    Intel i5 2500K: Asus Masimux IV Extreme: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream: Chieftec Nitro Series 1200W:Corsair H-100 Hydro:
    8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz CL8: Crucial M4 128Gb+256Gb: Creative Sound Blaster Z: Corsair Obsidian 800D: Plextor PX-880SA

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    This.... you can`t get kicked right after a wipe/combat. so unless you where afk, not taking a ress and missed the resdy check fter being afk for a while i don`t see this story being true.

    if im not mistaken i think you have to wait 5 min. before you can kick someone after combat.
    Don't think it's like that in LFR. Anyways this is weird, my guess would be that you were an asshole or didn't agree with the caps lock typer in the group. I've heard stories about people getting kicked for doing good dps ("we don't want to be carried!") here on MMO-C, so I guess this shouldn't be surprising.

  19. #19
    It's not strange at all when you look at the context of the OP's post and background.

  20. #20
    I look at the OP's post history and conclude there's very little chance he's the type to go through LFR quietly. Probably queues as tank for shorter queues as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •