Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Good attitude.

You could try being more polite and helpfu- HAHAHA sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face when typing that. 90% of the time being polite and helpful won't do a thing in LFR at all. Sigh.
    Careful... trying to be helpful is being elitest. You'll get kicked!

On the OP. You know what you're doing wrong. Stop it!

Also, if you don't want to ever get kicked from LFR follow these easy steps...Don't do LFR Otherwise, sadly, you're at the mercy of complete strangers who do not need a reason to ruin your day by kicking you.. they just can.

Hey I tanked on an alt earlier today and died on the Siegecrafter trash. I ran back in like I'm used to doing after no res seemed to be incoming and a guy wanted to kick me for it? So who knows.

But yeah, getting kicked this often will only happen under extenuating circumstances: 1, your game's glitched, 2, you're a giant, obnoxious troll, and no one can stand partying with you. I do vote for #3 which is that it's all made up. In all of the LFRs/LFDs I've run I cannot recall a single instance of someone being kicked randomly without explanation.

Now in case you're serious: one reason I hate LFR is that it promotes herd/hive mentalities and all-around cowardice. The advice you received in this thread is absolutely spot on, that you want to do nothing to stand out. In a regular raid you might be commended for taunting an add off a healer and sacrificing yourself, but in LFR it's buying a ticket to the boot train. When shit hits the fan, the blamers and bads come out of the woodwork hunting for scapegoats. Those who died early in the fight are at risk. Those low in the meters are at risk. The guy who keeps talking is at risk. The tank is ALWAYS at risk because so many LFR players don't understand the mechanics of anything and simply blame their tanks (I got blamed today on my alt doing Lei Shen when people got hit by Lightning Whip because I was 'facing the boss the wrong way'). Really the only guy who's not at risk is the one who doesn't stand out in any way and/or is doing top damage. Though linking the meters will put you at risk, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brother, you need to join a guild that raids, even if it is only Flex. Get out of Hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The more I think about it, the more it might be. I don't understand how I'm NOT getting the Deserter debuff then, though. I seem to get kicked - that is, I get the message "You were removed from the group" - a lot of the time very soon after clicking release. Like I said, literally two seconds after the wipe on Sha of Pride last night. One time when it happened I had been talking to a rogue in /w about unrelated stuff and when I asked her/him why I was kicked they said "...I never got a vote option. WTF?" Perhaps it is a bug or an addon acting wonky.
    I think the deserter debuff depends on how long you've been queueing and in the raid? Not sure how it works, but certainly I've left groups and not got the debuff (not that I often leave).

I always get the chat message 'you were removed from the group' whenever I leave a group so it doesn't mean you've actually been removed.

If you're being honest about not being a prick in raids then it's probably a bug/addon clash/macro problem, the rogue not getting the option to vote suggests that though I've seen people removed without having the chance to vote so *shrug*

Deleted
    No idea. I play a Blood Elf lock, I'm the guy who puts demonic portals at the edge of the wind bridges in ToT and I still never get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I've never seen this happen before. The only people I ever see get kicked are people who stir up too much trouble in chat, go AFK, or (in rare cases) underperform after several wipes.
    This. I really wonder why people keep complaining so much about lfr. I don't say every run goes completely smoothly, but even if your group really sucks you get every boss down after the player fluctuation and the buff after each wipe.
    Lfr seems to be completely different in other than german LFRs, because those are the only ones I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you don't queue as a tank I see no reason for you to get kicked.

I dont know what you are doing wrong. But in the 9 years ive played wow. I have never been kicked or removed from a group, ever. To be kicked you must be doing something to deserve it. Im pretty sure people arent just randomly kicking. But you cant know anymore. The community is now more toxic than rat poison. Cancerous players can go around doing what ever they want to without any repercussions. And blizzard are the ones who made that happen. And now its too late to stop it.

Make yourself invisible in random raids. Do your job and dont talk smack and you wont be kicked.
    Wouldnt surprise me at all if being in the middle of the damage meters would be better than being top or bottom. probably some deuchebag out there targeting top dps players to fight the "elitism" and making it just so much worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    I think the deserter debuff depends on how long you've been queueing and in the raid? Not sure how it works, but certainly I've left groups and not got the debuff (not that I often leave).

I always get the chat message 'you were removed from the group' whenever I leave a group so it doesn't mean you've actually been removed.

If you're being honest about not being a prick in raids then it's probably a bug/addon clash/macro problem, the rogue not getting the option to vote suggests that though I've seen people removed without having the chance to vote so *shrug*
    If you kill a boss you won't get deserter. If many people (majority maybe?) vote kick someone there is no need for a chance to vote for others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    If you kill a boss you won't get deserter. If many people (majority maybe?) vote kick someone there is no need for a chance to vote for others.
    Thanks for that, I never understood why it was! Good to know

I've seen people apparently removed without me even getting a vote screen option, but my ui's kind of buggy sometimes so it's probably just me.

Maybe you were doing too much dps? I have seen people kicked for that So yes, that is the state of the community in LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    That's actually not correct, I have still gotten deserter after killing the first boss, which does still happen if you have't been in the group long enough. I'm pretty sure it's time based, and nothing else.

As far as the OP goes, he's spec'd blood, and I'm pretty sure if he is getting kicked it's because he's doing something wrong. I see tanks fuck up all the time in LFR, and a lot of the time it won't matter how many stacks of determination the group gets, they aren't going to kill the boss if the tanks can't do the fight correctly. If he's qued up as tank and using frost spec, that'll do it too.

I lol'd at trying to blame it on being a blood elf, or being a DK, rather than the player. Unless you're queuing up with a group of friends and they all decide to randomly have a vendetta against you, (which could happen, but rarely) or you're doing something massively wrong/AFKing, you don't get kicked in LFR. It's hard enough to get people to votekick people actively trolling, like hunters using aspect of fail on Blade Lord and causing the entire raid to move at a snail's pace in phase 2. If it's so impossible to get people to even vote to kick THOSE guys, I seriously doubt you're actually getting targeted for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyssto View Post
    Maybe you were doing too much dps? I have seen people kicked for that So yes, that is the state of the community in LFR
    Pfft, whatever, blame the community if that helps you sleep at night. I've been in plenty of LFR's where I'm doing 4x more damage than the next highest person, and I've only ever gotten compliments, and certainly no threats of being kicked.

Deserter debuff is not time based at all. And you don't have to kill a boss either.

You only have to engage a boss. That is all. You pull once, you win, you leave, no deserter. You pull once, you wipe, you leave, no deserter.

You join a group that already has 2 bosses down, you leave, you get deserter because you didn't engage any bosses. Same group, you wipe once then leave, you don't get deserter.

It's entirely related to engaging a boss. I used to sell queues into LFR and i'd do this back to back and never get deserter because that is how it works ^
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    It's entirely related to engaging a boss. I used to sell queues into LFR and i'd do this back to back and never get deserter because that is how it works ^
    You know the deserter debuff has changed recently, right? I think it was 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find in LFR people use kick as soon as its available. Doesn't matter if anyone in the group actually deserves it, it just pops up cause people like to kick. I don't usually get kicked, but every raid... someone(s) always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I find in LFR people use kick as soon as its available. Doesn't matter if anyone in the group actually deserves it, it just pops up cause people like to kick. I don't usually get kicked, but every raid... someone(s) always do.
    Once a vote is initiated, the person in question will usually get kicked. That isn't the hard part. The hard part is initializing the vote in the first place, which I believe takes 5 people. That's practically impossible most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the LFRs I have been in, it is hard to get the group to kick anyone. So Odd.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Pfft, whatever, blame the community if that helps you sleep at night. I've been in plenty of LFR's where I'm doing 4x more damage than the next highest person, and I've only ever gotten compliments, and certainly no threats of being kicked.
    No one is saying that everyone with high damage is kicked. I have only ever had compliments myself, but I've heard of too many people who were kicked because they were carrying the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Brother, you need to join a guild that raids, even if it is only Flex. Get out of Hell.
    While this is the obvious solution, it's hard to get into a competent guild with LFR gear (and no cloak yet). I've submitted a ticket (since Blizz IS capable of seeing if your addons are making your game do weird shit; they've done it to me before), but holidays and I won't get a response until probably January 6th.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

My advice is the next time you do an LFR take a buddy with you. Your buddy should be able to tell if it's people kicking you or not.