Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Subraces would be so cool :3

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "Ain't going to happen. LOL" poll option?

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    problem with this: list all the nightelf and human subraces.

annnnnnd go!
    Human-- uncursed Gilnean. (Different voices, different selection of hair colors...) You could also do different racial perks for the other human kingdoms.

Night Elf-- If you want to get technical, high elves are a long-separated subrace of night elves.... Also, Shen'dralar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark iron dwarf warlock please.....

Hoping that subraces are more than a "twinkle" than they were a year ago.

For the Orcs, how hard is it to just give them a secondary option, and change the name of Bloodfury to:

Mag'har - Ancestor's Fury
    Dragonmaw - Dragonfury or something.

Granted, all the issue seems to be is changed racials. I understand that can create balance issues, but they don't HABE to be combat oriented. Or even exist.

Still though, I like the "we'd probably be generous with them" outlook, considering Dwarves have at least 4 good ones, Orcs have 3-4 potentials (Mag'har, Dragonmaw, maybe Mok'nathal, and one other) Trolls have a BUNCH, etc.

Really hope to see Mag'har+Dragonmaw and the dwarf options in WoD, because there's really no reason NOT to have them at this point.

At the very least I'd like to just have the option to use sub race models, etc. Sure it would be sweet if there was a bit more lore and things, but that would take a lot of work and probably make us wait months longer just to have them in game. I personally don't care if you have to unlock them or not, but I think it's probably easier for them to not have to attach anything extra to them.

My hope is that after the initial model revamp they are able to add most character customization in general as well as sub race models. Would be ecstatic if they could get this done anywhere between 6.0 and 6.2.

in case of sub races, can we finally adjust draenei? eredar as main race, draenei as sub, also since they have ability to be warlocks, allow that, considering they obviously have the potential. even though I know blizz like to avoid conflicting with their previous lore, night elves can be mages now considering highborne have an arcane background, even though the reason nelves couldnt be mages before was their attempt to avoid arcane after highborne damaged the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    inb4 someone not actually realizing those are fan art...
    You & me both know someone will complain just to be that guy.

I love the lore and all, but sometimes blizzard just uses it as a terrible excuse. I don't know anyone that would actually want more lore in game to justify there being different subraces joining the two factions. No one is going to complain that there's no reason for x race to join the Horde. Just let us play as the models and if there's any "reason" it's called being a defector. The ENTIRE faction doesn't need to join, just a few individuals from the race.

We don't need brand new starting zones or new quests or even "unlocks" to play as the races. Just give us the option to play as them simple as that.

Please, if you feel different, tell me wrong and explain why we need starting zones or new quests or the unlock feature to justify new races joining the horde and alliance ranks.
    Last edited by The Ogdru Jahad; 2013-12-22 at 06:23 AM.

GoG has old games you can generally find in the abandonware sites.

Deleted
    Subraces seem cool. But more I would like better design for landscapes and dungeons. I mean, Northrend was fresh kind of new landscape mostly, though parts of it got dull after a while. Sure Outlands had intriguing lands, too. But, many lands are more like boring deserts or boring forests. Please create cool deserts and cool forests.

Dull landscape is something that is put together half heartedly. Better one is actually made so that it looks full of adventuring possibilities, variety of terrain, etc.

One example of dull landscape was in the water region: Sure there was also cool corals and stuff, but then later it started to be just greenish grayish dullness in the area where were massive army fights.

Now people have said that why another orc-expansion. Well yeah, why? The content is created from scratch, but I don't really trust that the content will be really original. For example I have seen cartoonish hills with few trees already many times.

And the dungeons started to be more like hallways. I would like to have different kinds of terrains in dungeons too. Not only huge hallways and even bigger rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Cool, I made front page! Also, here is a list from my thread of some other subraces that might work.

Some races can compensate for lack of sub-races with just more customization options. All sub-races are are additional customization options after all.

Also, the wax museum Danny Trejo was my attempt at making the undead face alive, not really a sub-race lol
    Dranei could have The Broken and Goblins should get the underwater ones from Vashj'ir, the ones with the funny ears. Also Blood Elves could get High Elves as a sub-race.

If they implement subraces I will honestly consider stop playing. Alliance should mainly be Alliance. Horde should mainly be Horde, not include leper gnomes and whatever that should be their enemies. A few NPCs here and there works, but I don't want thousands of them in form of players.
    Yes, it's a magical world, but I like that there are certain rules and restrictions. Just as I feel like dumbing down the professions(for example) is ruining the game and makes it feel less like a world, the same way I feel about this.

Might aswell let us play as pokemon, anime characters and furbys in WoW while we're at it.

Deleted
    Man, I can't communicate just how much I would love to play a dark ranger.

Deleted
    I love the dark iron dwarves look with the black skin with amazing red eyes ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    If they implement subraces I will honestly consider stop playing. Alliance should mainly be Alliance. Horde should mainly be Horde, not include leper gnomes and whatever that should be their enemies. A few NPCs here and there works, but I don't want thousands of them in form of players.
    Yes, it's a magical world, but I like that there are certain rules and restrictions. Just as I feel like dumbing down the professions(for example) is ruining the game and makes it feel less like a world, the same way I feel about this.

Might aswell let us play as pokemon, anime characters and furbys in WoW while we're at it.
    If adding more variety makes you consider quitting the game, then good riddance. You're seriously equating the addition of pokemon, anime, and furbys to adding playable races that already exist within the game. You have no argument whatsoever.

Deleted
    I'm sure it's been mentioned, but there is already some precedent for alternate races to join the two main factions; the Council of Three Hammers for example. Textual explanations would suffice in these cases, and it would be easier than centering whole chunks of content around exposition. That said, I'm glad to see Chris Robinson shares my own enthusiasm for Mechagnomes!
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2013-12-22 at 05:05 PM.

I'd rather subclasses. The class system in FF-14 is amazing

Orc - Mag'har (They're alredy in the Horde)
    Troll - Forest Trolls (Revantusk tribe, already allies with the Horde)
    Tauren - Taunka (They're alredy in the Horde)
    Forsaken - The Val'kyrs could revive any race of Lordaeron, Trolls, Elves, etc..Am I the only that can picture Sylvanas killing and reviving High Elves to fight for her?
    Blood Elves - Hmm, I don't know, maybe some Felblood Elves? They could use the same excuse used with the Highborne and the Night Elves in Cataclysm...
    Goblins - Hobgoblins maybe?

Humans - Hmm, they could change some aspects from the ppl of Gilneas and add some of them that are free from the curse as a subrace for humans...
    Dwarves - Dark Iron and Wildhammer (Alredy in the Alliance)
    Gnomes - Cured Leper gnomes maybe? (Sand Gnomes as an alternative choice)
    Night Elves - They missed the oportunitie to create a subrace when they introduced the Highborne back in Cataclysm..Well, they could easly change that...
    Draenei - Broken (*-*)
    Worgen - Yeah, I'm stuck in this one...

Pandaren - Who cares...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Curse Premium Membership Now Includes a Free Game From GOG.com"

pay a sub to receive your shitty game now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    stuff
    pre cata worgen and the corrupt looking eredar could be options i guess.. eredar would work since its wod

i still prefer the pre cata worgen to the ones they gave us :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    Man, I can't communicate just how much I would love to play a dark ranger.
    a pet'less bow class would be amazing as i hate being stuck with a pet or having to rely on one to tank shit

not sure id want the "dark" skin to be the only option tho