Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i will tell you why no for subraces... because... how the hell can anyone tell what anyone's subrace is... when you are completely covered in armor.... it would just be a waste of time

The 10% who voted no should eat glass. The hell?

Better if the player base was just to push for sub-races without the whole lore behind them. Blizzard can not handle that amount of work.

problem with this: list all the nightelf and human subraces.

annnnnnd go!

We dont need any new lore for the sub-races... they all already have lore.

Just need to dig it out from the wikipedia, lazy people!

Just give us the models, we already have all the lore we need....
    all undead sub-races = they died and became undead, so simple...
    human sub-races are actually kingdoms, they are somewhat different looking people because they live in different areas and they arent that much dealing with eachother just like real life countries.
    orc sub-races = fel orcs etc. we all know them and they all have lore already....

Theres absolutely no need for additional lore, WE ALREADY HAVE IT.

I was trying to figure out what the human sub-race picture was, then remembered about Vrykul.

Keep in mind that time spent creating new textures and model tweaks for this would take away from the time spent on other art.
    This is just not true if all you want is new textures.

This art is going to be done anyway for all the Mag'har and Wildhammer NPCs running around in the game. The entire point of Shoc's mockups, was to show skins that will need to be developed for NPCs on models that will already be developed (except for maybe the Mechagnome). The only work involved would be to increase an index on "skin color" in player creation.

Now, once you start talking Taunka and Broken, this argument goes out the window, and yes, a ton of time will need to be spent on new models. I personally, don't want that. Just let us use the NPC skins, that will need to be developed anyway for the new models, on the new player models.

I like the idea. Could be a way to access other racial bonuses as well. A sub-race of tauren might not have the herbalism and stam bonus, but maybe one of the others from another race. Interesting idea, new options, with just a skin change and leveraging existing bonuses in game.

Good work like this is why I roll my eyes at Blizzard's pipeline excuses. I love those guys, but they're so unproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
    I'd love the custom races...but that fan art of that human looks terrifying.
    That's because it's derived from the male undead concept art, I assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want me a mecha-gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    "Keep in mind that time spent creating new textures and model tweaks for this would take away from the time spent on other art. The same applies for any lore and in game story that could be created to go along with them."

I would be okay with sub-races under 2 conditions:

1: Remove racials. This should be done whether we have sub-races or not. Make race a cosmetic/lore choice so people can be the race they want to be instead of the one with the best racials for what they want to do.
    2: No unlocking process. Subraces should be selected at character creation. Again, it's a cosmetic/lore choice, nobody should be forced to play a character that isn't them to unlock the one they want to be. This isn't like transmog, you aren't born with gear on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the models, anything else is asking for way too much already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post

annnnnnd go!
    Human: black

Night Elf: High...borne....?

Alright look, not everyone gets a sub race.

annnnnnd go!
    Not every race needs to have subraces. There's no sense in taking it away from the races that already support it just because some other races don't.

My only problem with this is the un-undead one.

You can't cure undeath. If you could, we wouldn't bloody have the Forsaken.

I know it's just fanart, but it's a poor concept.

One of the things I'd like to see most in WoW is sub-races. This would add a ton of flavor to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    They can't even finish the normal races and you people want them to add sub races with unlocking mechanisms? This is something they'd do with the expansion after WoD but for WoD. If they were to try to add it to WoD it would push launch back god knows how long. Do you want to do SOO for that much longer? Or the same lame pvp?

I don't think so.

This is an expansion or major patch feature not something that can be realistically added into WoD now.

Pic 10 and 11 are duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post

annnnnnd go!
    Well let's be honest.

Human subrace = Undead and Worgen.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Cool, I made front page! Also, here is a list from my thread of some other subraces that might work.

Some races can compensate for lack of sub-races with just more customization options. All sub-races are are additional customization options after all.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Human - Azotha (Vrykul Features), Asian Humans (a la Wu Shen)
    Night Elf - Highborne Skin Variants (Basically more radiant, sparkly magic skin) and Demon Hunter Tattoos.
    Worgen - Non Snarly Faces
    Draenei - ?

Troll - With the Troll leaders defeated by the Horde in the Throne of Thunder, it wouldn't be too far fetched for some of them to join the Horde.
    Blood Elf - Lich King is dead, and the Valk'yr aligned themselves with the Forsaken, maybe some San'layn did as well. Very far fetched though. But Cool Factor > Lore sometimes.
    Goblin - ?
    Also, the wax museum Danny Trejo was my attempt at making the undead face alive, not really a sub-race lol

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Nope. It's just wasting of time.

Simple example: go to outland, take flight path from black temple (depends if you aldor/scryer) to tempest keep. 15 minutes of wasted time. Why if you can fly there in about 2-3 minute just using flying mount?

Before you qq "wah old content" - doesn't matter. It's just example of HORRIBLE design (flight paths).
    Honestly, flight paths provide you with a few minutes break. If you want to stare at your character doing nothing for the entire time that is your problem. Apart from the 1-60 zones, no flight path is that time consuming. You would really have to stretch it to even get anywhere near proving your case. I.e Jade Forest to Townlong Steppes etc.

Not to mention 15 minute hearthstones and portals to every capital city.